Thread: Paul Bunyan in a dress...

Paul Bunyan in a dress...

I am relatively new to the forum, so sorry if this covers something I didn't see on here already, but as a bigger guy when I make my transformations into my other side, I can't help feeling like Paul Bunyan in a dress sometimes. 6'1 270 lbs does not really strike the most feminine pose always. Wig, makeup, forms, nails, help a lot, but doesn't get it all the way. In the colder weather, wearing long sleeve dresses/tops can help also, but I kind of feel like my size makes it harder to look more feminine in cooler summer clothing (think sleeveless, etc). So it dampens my dressing. Any tips and suggestions from other folks here on how not to minimize the Paul Bunyan in a dress effect?

go into town and observe what women in your age and size are wearing

Reality Check
    Well, certainly don't try for "sexy". As above, observe what larger women your age are wearing in public and imitate them.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    If you're a big guy, then you'll be an even bigger girl! Dress like it and forget about sexy. Classy is the best you can hope for.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I agree I'm a big one too 6' and around 230 what I do is observe as has been suggested but I also look online there are more and more clothing lines for larger size women appearing. I know a lot of these are pretty expensive but look through the catalogs and see what's there and then look for similar things on closeout or discount.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Just think how The Big Pink Ox feels!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well there are plenty of women that are big and tall and like others have suggested look at the way they are dressed to get an idea of your options.
    I vote to go more refined and classy look and not to go for super sexy.
    I'm short at 5" 5' but have been over 275 at one time so I had to find outfits that worked for me and my situation.
    A line dresses or tunic style tops are a good choice. Pants just go with a dress pant with elastic waist band and some room in the legs.
    In some cases leggings are appropriate if you wear a long top but generally don't wear super tight clothes.
    I never let being over weight stop me from dressing so find your style and rock it !!!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm 6-2 and 300#+ (yikes!) and enjoy getting pretty. Strategic padding and shapers (i.e. steel-boned corset) can help put the proportions in the right places

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree with Julie on all suggestions.
    The key is shaping what you have into what looks right.

Gold Member
    Well I can relate also...6'-2" and 350 lbs. Big arms and legs.
    So a petite little girl I am not.
    So Inside I stay, But I do under dress all the time.
    Yes, If I could saw off a few hundred pounds, I would.
    Rader

Reality Check
    Walmart has lots of clothes for large women. Not expensive either.

I feel your pain Jenn. The other girls have great suggestions. I would only add that long sleeve tops that are not too tight and that break your big shoulder line helps a lot, like a cowl neck sweater or large collar.

A couple of months ago I was in the lobby of a theater. A woman was there on the phone and she was as tall as me. She had huge shoulders, a long waist and small hips. But, she had a very feminine face. Made me wonder until I saw her with her husband a couple of days later.

There are ggs out there that we resemble and that gives me comfort.

Imagine you're watching a movie. The 6'1" 270 pound crossdresser comes into the scene. It can go two ways -- she's amazingly charming and heartwarming or she's a cheap Benny Hill joke. It's not the size and weight -- it's the person. My suggestion is choose to be the charming and heartwarming person. Don't focus on the exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Well, certainly don't try for "sexy". As above, observe what larger women your age are wearing in public and imitate them.
    At 5-11 and 260 I am far from small. But am not that big anymore. When young I was tall at 5-11, many younger women at my height and size now.

For 40 years I dressed to pass/blend in. I can't pull off sexy. But I also don't follow what large women my age dress like either. Too many sloppy drab oversize clothes. I get many compliments on what I wear from many older women. They love my knee boots or sandals now that spring is coming. Many like my simple day time dresses. I think many women got too used to not dressing anymore, but love to see others that do.

One thing that we all need to get used to is giving others compliments, it makes us feel special to one another. My brother asks about that of me all the time. The way that women will give each other compliments.

Jenn:

I am 5-9 and about 220--not Paul Bunyan, but not petite. I agree with Chely Ann: the key is seeing what GGs of your age and size wear. Go for it!

Kris

I kind of liked John Candy in drag in "Armed and Dangerous". But that look would attract too much attention!

Going sleeveless is hard to pull off for most of us IMO. Maybe something long sleeve but flimsy and drapy. Dress Barn has tops in that style.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by JennB View Post
    Wig, makeup, forms, nails, help a lot, but doesn't get it all the way.
    Nothing's going to get it 'all the way'. We're never going to fool the world into thinking we're svelte 20 year old college girls. The only 'women' (and I use that word lightly in this case) that we resemble are some of the East German female olympic athletes of the 60's (who were strongly suspected of being either men who were surgically altered to appear to be women, women who were given male hormones to build up their musculature, or some type of genetic hybrid). While there may be no way to look more feminine in cool, summer clothing, you can feel more feminine. I find that alcohol helps tremendously! And along those lines, I simply embrace my inner girl, and drink what they drink (at first, anyway). White or blush wines, maybe something with an umbrella in it. After a few, I don't seem to give a rats butt anymore and go back to my stronger liquids. Cheers!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Baby girl you're just an Amazon queen,embrace it and love yourself

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U won't like my suggestion, Jenn. U should find the will to lose weight for health and quality of life reasons. U will have more energy, be more active, and enjoy your life more.

Lastly, u will look better in dresses!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ditto to what SummerBunny said!

There are some of the bigger gurls here on the forum that I've seen in the gallery that have an amazing female presentation. Hip pads, forms, proportion. Also, the advice on class and elegance over what males perceive as 'sexy' will get you there. I would take a cue from Julie Denner... she's got it down pat!
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Most above average size men make a amazon women.

Most CD's don't block testosterones effects so you get the man syndrome.
    You're beautiful ,your an amazon queen.
    Work on your waist then hips,butt and breast in that order.
    Find your body shape.hourglass,rectangle ,pear,apple then make it into the coke bottle/figure 8/hourglass fabulous amazon queen.
    Get a steel boned corset,hip pads and butt gurl.
    Get you some At least 4 inch heels gurl ,get a pedicure preferred hard Gel polish.open toe are strappy sandals. Be Fabulous, be fierce.
    Rock those heels. Show off those smooth shaved legs and pretty manicured candy toes,popsicle toes.
    Look flawless.

Get a makeover at MAC,ulta,sephoras
    Last edited by summerbunny; 04-04-2016 at 01:04 PM.