Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing down your story

Writing down your story

Hey everyone!
    Earlier today I thought it would be an interesting idea for me to type out my story of my crossdressing up until this point in my life. Don't worry it's not in this thread! It's too long for a thread :P
    So that's just what I did, or starting doing. Personally, I enjoy writing, as long as I have something to say and knowledge about it, I can write about it pretty easily. I have about 3 pages so far complete, which goes over my early stages of my CD'ing.
    My question is, once I'm finally done, is this something you wonderful ladies would like to read?
    I know I'm just the average user on this site, though maybe SOMEONE would like to read it haha! I am mainly doing this for me, to satisfy my urge to write, though it could give some of you ladies some good bathroom material one day

Also! I encourage you gals to do the same! I'm really looking back on my early days, and I'm hoping that the deep thought about what happened will bonk me on the head and give me some light on why I do this, maybe it will happen to you?
    It hasn't happened for me yet. SOON!!!

Anyways, I'm rambling, have a good night you pretty ladies!

Toodles!(Yup, this is my thing now)
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

I know we all have our own story, our own path. April If you want to write your story I would read it. Me, Im thinking about new starts, new me and just going forward.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilMayy<3 View Post
    Also! I encourage you gals to do the same!
    Did that here about 6 months ago. However, my purpose was to chronicle progress and changes in thought processes.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilMayy<3 View Post
    ...give me some light on why I do this...
    My questions would be what are you looking for? What will it do for you?

DeeAnn

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Polite but silly question. Of course we would love to read your story. I'm sure if you dig deep enough you will find mine on here though across several posts over the years. It's a great release to share and I think we all benefit from that.

Yes I would

AprilMayy, I would certinaly like to read your story. Compare notes as it were. I will write my story.

Love ya,
    Lacey

First how would you post it may be a long read.

How about putting it on fictionmania.tv? Put it under the auto biographical category.

Yes, I would read it.

Reality Check
    Writing down your personal story of crossdressing is not something you should do if you are not out fully to the community. If someone finds it, it could harm your relationships and career. If you are out, that's fine and I'm sure people would like to read it, providing you are reasonably skilled at writing.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I'm sure both Julie and I would love to read it, and I agree that Fictionmania.tv is a great place to post it. Please let us know, ok? And it's ok to post a partial story there too.

Smoochies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

AprilMayy, I would read your story as well. Another thought would be to start a blog but that does have the possibility of exposing you to the public if you're not out. Probably not too likely, I think someone would have to know to look for something like that.

I too understand the urge to write. I have always loved to write and have MANY unfinished stories and a few that actually are complete. It's the act of writing that is most compelling and fulfilling for your soul. I say do it. Some will read, some will not but that doesn't matter so much as the actual act of writing. The creativity used is never wasted even if nobody read it.

And as you mention, sometimes that's a good way to sort out your thoughts. As for me, I don't really care why I like to cross dress, I just know that it makes me feel good and that's sufficient. I might be slightly curious in more of a psychological sort of way but if I don't figure it, no biggie.

Liz
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

Who knows, it may help some young feller out there that is confused and guilt ridden to understand how you grew up through the process and that their feelings and experiences are not unique.

I've never had the urge to write out my entire story but I did start keeping a journal of my CD'ing exploits a couple of years ago. It started when I had some extended time to be fully femme. I realised that I was in danger of forgetting the details I was undertaking on a daily basis. I also found it useful to jot down how I felt, the emotional journey I was on. Nervous, excited, frightened, on a high.

It helped me focus on the things to come and rationalize how I should behave. To stay calm and enjoy the experience.

I had the opportunity to dress for a few hours today so I, as usual, made an entry into the little black book. Sometimes it's good to browse back though the pages and think, yep, that was a good day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I thought about writing my memoirs but I think most of them would be to personal.
    My first memories of cross-dressing was wen I was ten I would pretend to be a spy and my mission would be to disguise my self as a women and infiltrate the enemy.
    If someone came home and I was dressed I would hide in my closet for quit along time.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 04-02-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

[I would and i have. written it all down. I kept a journal of sorts for several years, both of my exploration and my journey.

It starts with trying to figure it all out, choosing my name etc. I have not looked at it for a few years now, but have often wondered if it was anything anyone else would be interested in.

thanks for bringing the thread up, I maybe i need to revisit those pages.

I would love to read your story. Years ago when I was struggling I would sit and write for hours. Starting from the time I was little and could just barely remember always wanting to wear a dress or my moms panties.
    I think the biggest reason I would write everything down was because I wanted tell somebody about my crossdressing and how it made me feel . I felt alone and embarrassed. When I found this site it was a god-sent it helped me gain confidence . Now I get to write about the things that happen everyday which to most would seem insignificant but to me they are very large accomplishments .

Banned Read only
    April,
    Writing it all down is one of the most useful things I did in helping with my CDing. Mine was to help me get through my gender counselling, so I took the facts from my own experiences and information from the forum and web sites and designed a gender sheet to work out where I was on it. In the process I then found I needed to write down exactly how my CDing started to tie in some of the terms used on the gender sheet, I was then able to write down my CDing history in an unbiased and honest way. I asked my consellor her thoughts on it and she thought it pretty well summed it up. She showed the information to her team and they asked if they could use the layout of the gender sheet to help with other clients.
    I have GD which I now know how to deal with it and I'm just on the male side of TS. My wife doesn't really want to know but at least now I have something in writing which explains the whole situation when she wishes to know more. At least I know what makes me tick so I can now accept myself and my CDing needs.
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-02-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Thank you all for responses so far Once I am finished, I will post it for everyone to read. I was thinking about just posting a Word Document for everyone to download, if I'm allowed to post Word files in my post? Or Ill upload it to a downloading site or something, then am I allowed to post links? Argh! So many questions!

Anywhooo, I'm mainly writing my story to chronicle my progress. I want to delve into my thoughts, really think about what happened, and get some insight from those experiences.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Of course we'd love to read your story. Sometimes such things are among the more interesting posts in these pages.

Food for thought, your question reminded me of a very old thread where many posted their own stories. I find it by searching for the keywords "career path" in titles only but I saved you the trouble, here is the link....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ht=career+path

Further searching will reveal two subsequent threads, also quite old.

You might consider setting up your post as a start to a "career path 2016" thread so that others can chime in as well. Just food for thought.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Krisi why are always so worried about what other people do?
    Always so negative.
    Just because you don't understand her personal reasons for doing it you shouldn't rain on her parade.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-02-2016 at 03:50 PM.

April,

Yes I keep a diary of all my adventures.

@--}-----
    Michelle

I didn't see Krisi's post as negative. It offered a caution for the OP to consider - or ignore - as she chooses.

One way of protecting yourself is to write your story, but make it about a fictitious person (June?).

As to reading it, yes, I would start reading it. That's not meant to be negative, just realistic. Our stories are diverse. My attention would be directly proportional to how closely the story aligns with my own, and, as Krisi said, good writing.

There are plenty of people who would be interested, but it doesn't just have to be here. That sounds like a great blog. Diary format, or individual stories or events, pictures. If you enjoy dressing and writing why not?
    Rebecca Bas

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I didn't see Krisi's post as negative. It offered a caution for the OP to consider - or ignore - as she chooses.

One way of protecting yourself is to write your story, but make it about a fictitious person (June?).

As to reading it, yes, I would start reading it. That's not meant to be negative, just realistic. Our stories are diverse. My attention would be directly proportional to how closely the story aligns with my own, and, as Krisi said, good writing.
    Thank you Nicole.

Many times I think people get carried away (pink fog, they call it) to the point where they forget reality. "Support" doesn't just mean "You go girl." or "You look fabulous in that dress.", it means reminding people of the bad things that might come with our actions. One only has to scan this forum for stories about bad things that happened to people who revealed their crossdressing.

My advice comes from decades of living in this world, but if anyone doesn't agree with it, they should just ignore it. In the end, we make our own decisions and live with the consequences.