Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Think Your Mom Knows and/or Knew But..............

Do You Think Your Mom Knows and/or Knew But..............

If you started out dressing in your mothers clothes like many here probably did, never got caught wearing them, do you think she knew and never said anything. I started dressing at about age 6 in my mothers clothes and never got caught. I was always very careful to return everything to its proper place when finished. Mom was a very neat and tidy person though. I know I could never have returned everything to its proper place and folded exactly how she would do no matter how hard I tried. I often wonder if she knew and just never said anything to me thinking I would just grow out of it. I wonder about that to this day.

Hey Mom, I Never Grew Out Of It!

Yes, I think there's a chance that she knew. Certainly, she saw the first time I wore her tights when I was four. My older brother thought it was a good idea for us to try them on and show her and my Dad. One day, when I was about nine, I under-dressed in a pair of her tights, but had a hole in my socks . She saw that I was wearing them and made a jokey comment. I ran upstairs horrified and nothing was said about it again.

However, later, I'm less sure. When I was a teenager, I 'borrowed' a couple of pairs of her tights and kept these under my bed. I suspect it's more likely than not that she would have come across these when she was changing my bedding or something. I would also occasionally try on her dresses but was always careful to put them back where they were hanging.

So honestly, I don't know, but I think there's a good chance she knew. If she did, I doubt it was anything she worried about.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 04-02-2016 at 01:52 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Well unfortunately I got caught and ridiculed and punished. So yes she new

My mom had to know I was constantly exploring her closets and drawers, but never said a thing. At 6 - 10 years old, there's no way I could have always been perfect about putting everything back exactly in its place, even though I tried to be sneaky to the best of my ability at the time.

I do know she was OK with some gender experimentation around the margins -- she would put nail polish and lipstick on me occasionally, didn't object when I got my ears pierced, and bought me a pair of heels once -- but she never saw me in lingerie or fully dressed as far as I know.

- Diane

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Mine didn't know but knew someone had been in her draws. She thought my dad had been looking for something. Oops! If she'd known. I'd have known when she was spitting bile and every form of insult in my direction.

I've said many times before, my parents rejected my son when he told them he was gay.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I think she might have known

Probably not, since although I did wear her clothes, I also had a couple of sisters to share the blame for not putting things back absolutely perfectly.

Banned Read only
    My mom knew. She found my clothes when I was a kid. She was unsurprised when I came out as trans.

My mum use to wash, iron & fold my clothes.
    She also knew my secrete location for Penthouse & Play Boy mags were.
    She was a great woman
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I thought I was sly and put everything back perfectly however I was caught a few times and told to keep away from her things. She gave up and then she start storing her older clothes in my closet, hmmmm???

I think she figured this way I'd wear her old things and leave her new stuff alone

I heard her talking one night to her sister that she thought I might be gay

So yeah she knew, Heck think how tuned in one is to your kids

i would definitely say she knew. I think she figured it was a phase i was going through and i would grow out of it.

My mother did not know about my crossdressing until I told her when I was going through my divorce, to head off my vicious ex wife being the bearer of that news. If she was to know, I wanted it coming from me. Mom was horrified when I told her; I'll never forget the look on her face. After that, she preferred to pretend I never told her anything about it. Many years later, when I picked up one of her clothing catalogs that came in the mail, and looked through it, she looked at me with disgust and said, "You're not still doing that, are you?". Immediately I knew how she felt about me. And I never forgot again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My mom caught me, dressed in pantyhose and a slip. She may have told my Dad but he never said anything.
    I am sure it got them thinking oh no what next.

Yes both my parents knew, I dont think my Father approves either, I have had the stigma of name calling to deal with a long time. As careful as a child can be they knew for a long time. My Mom officially knows as she has cleaned my house before, and yes Ive told her. I can say this my Mom is happy that Im happy. I directly told my Mom just recently, Im tired of not expressing at least some of me. I got a new haircut last weekend and it seems I get noticed a lot more than in the past, could me the new me is just getting notice even though Im not dressed all the time.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    Oh yes, mother knew I dressed. I don't know whether she knew I wore her leather mini skirt, denim skirt and tried a couple of her lipsticks, but she found my skirts hidden in my bedroom one day and sympathetically asked me about them. She promised to tell nobody and offered support. I denied they were mine and claimed to know nothing about them, although it was clear I was lying.

No more was ever mentioned. I know she looks disappointed and confused when she sees a crossdresser on television or in the street.

Yep my mom knew, still knows comes over all the time doesn't bat an eye when she sees me. Love you mom!!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

i could safely say mine did not know, parents divorced when i was 2, but i was not as covert as i thought, my family knew as well as friends, i stayed in denial about that....

an interesting thing developed after she passed, when cleaning out her apartment we found a trans handbook and nursing instructions for care of the author of the book.....A HANDBOOK FOR TRANSSEXUALS by PAULA GROSSMAN, it was published privately in 1979, mom had taken care of this women....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Mom claims she didn't know, but when I came out as trans, she put it all together. A lifetime of clues.

Aspiring Member
    my mom knew as she caught me in her dress. I thought she would tell my dad but she never did.

Reality Check
    I'm sure my parents knew. They never said anything specific though.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    My mother definitely knew. My older sister was always dressing me up in her things, which I loved to do, and mom always told us not to do it again, but she never really seemed to mean it, and she never punished us. When I was about 12, she just gave up trying to stop us. I think she realized how hopeless it was. She worked 2nd shift as a nurse so most of the time we were on our own. That made is very easy for us to get all dressed up in pretty things. To this day, my sister still loves to see me in a new outfit. I adore her
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Like a few of the other ladies here, mom knew because she caught me in one of her dresses. She did tell my dad and I got "the talk". Well it really didn't stop me and when I got caught the next time, mom tried to knock some since into me. That didn't work either, but I did leave her stuff alone and managed to hide my own from her. Or so I think? It never came up again over the next 40 years until her passing.
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 04-02-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I thought I was sly and put everything back perfectly however......................I think she figured this way I'd wear her old things and leave her new stuff alone
    Yep, that's how it was for me.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My Mom caught me so many times she had to know. She told my Dad and then they both had the talk with me. My older sister and brother just made fun of me and called me names, which shoved me deeper in the closet.

I don't think she knew but she used to say "you'd make a nice girl."