Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Case Reality

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Worst Case Reality

We all have our own built it risk management. I subliminally plan for worst case scenario all the time.
    So I was wondering.
    What was your worst case reality?
    I've been pulled over dressed a few times.
    Comical but no issues.
    And grabbed by a grocery store employee that thought I was stealing meat.
    I was wearing breast forms.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I was wearing breast forms.
    You need to get better breast forms. At least they didn't think you were stealing sausages.

I have gone to my office early in the mornings and weekends dressed. My worst fear is being caught dressed there. I live in a smaller community and have no plan.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    You need to get better breast forms. At least they didn't think you were stealing sausages.
    LMAO Jennie 😂

I'd say bumping into someone I know who does know that I interact wit regularly...no plan for that.

My wife and I went into a thrift store in a city about 3 hours away and ran into 5 women from our home town. They recognized her, and asked where I was. They didn't recognize me enfemme. My wife said I was here and going to a gay stag party where we all had to dress up. We never figured out if they all bought it.

Platinum Member
    Several years ago the privacy of my backyard sanctuary was violated by nosy neighbors. I did not realize they had seen me relaxing on one of our swing sets. But, I guess if you want to see something, you can go through great lengths to "catch" someone. After I had overheard one talking to the other; "Why would a man wear a dress?" I stopped going into the backyard. I'm sure they talked about their observation with some of the neighbors because they were gossips. Nobody ever changed in any manner how they treated me to talked to me. Ultimately the entire family was kicked out for not paying their rent.

Now, the backyard is off limited when the new occupants....very nice family..kids are home from school. They will peer over the fence to chat

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I could list any of my dog walking stories, or maybe answering the door to delivery drivers. Maybe the time my seamstress friend stood me in the middle of her shop fully dressed but no make up or wig . Surprisingly I'm still here, the ground hasn't opened up and swallowed me , I know one thing my sense of humour is getting better or should I say worse !!

When I first graduated from college I moved to the city on my own. I rented a one bedroom apartment on the first floor in a two flat that had one more apartment upstairs.

My upstairs neighbor Jaime was really hot and I had a huge crush on her. I really didn't want her to know I dressed. We did become friends nothing more. Many nights I would wait until around midnight to sneak out dressed and walk around the block. Turns out Jaime had a boyfriend living overseas and he would call her around this time. She would almost always see me sneaking out the back. She knew I was never gone long. So one night she decided to go sit on the back porch after I left. When I came back I was shocked to see her sitting there.

She really was just curious about it and had questions. After that she often would go out to gay bars with me. In the end it turned out to be a great confidence builder that some people were accepting

i don't have any in relation to CD/TG, but i think the worst case is regretting not having an instant put-down for a rude stranger.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Silver Member
    I think worst case scenarios are usually beyond a back-up plan. They would typically involve discovery by an unsuspecting loved one or employer. There is usually no option or plan, except admittance.

For the time being i am enjoying the whole "dont question it and live in the moment" thing. I suppose that will likely change and my natural risk-aversion will have something to say to my more spontaneous self. Whether I will take any notice remains to be seen.
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

My worst case reality, would be to be unlocking the shop door, while fully dressed in my skirt suit, long curly wig, stocking and heels, (I only pass at a distance because I can wear a full face mask to cover my beard), and in drives a customer, jumps out of their car and before I can escape into the shop, and starts talking to me.

My fears were fulfilled my first two times out. Stopped by a cop my first night driving dressed. The next day, guys shouting obscenities out of a car, as i walked down town in another town, and later that day, a man forced to ask me to jump start his car battery, and told his kids to look the other way. But, Carla, having a store employee think you stole meat is unbeatable!!

When I was 17 I went to a local park at midnight, I was loving it until a car pulled up and 5 older guys got out and started walking towards me.

I thought "OH CRAP" got up and started walking towards the opposite exit of the park.

Meanwhile the guys started fallowing me saying "hay honey hang with us and have a beer" I ran like the dickens and hopped a few fences in heels.

I reached home but when I looked through the door window I saw my farther watching TV so I ran to the garage when the guys finally caught up to me.

They asked why did I run, we only want to hang out. then one said "hey you're so and so's brother I ended up telling them I did it on a dare.

Who knows what would have happened if the didn't know my brother.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Worst case was having to face my wife about my crossdressing. End result was her blackmailing me for divorce and all our assets, and my telling my family to keep her from being the one to break it to them. Brought my life tumbling down into a shambles for years. Still haven't recovered. And yet, looking back, it's almost funny: I was so, so sure that all the good things about me would easily outweigh the little crossdressing thing. I had gone over it in my head a thousand times, yet the pink fog is thick, and I didn't understand back then how much importance we assign to who we believe our significant others to be, and how much what we think we are in love with, can so easily be destroyed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My worst case would be being exposed! The side of town I live in and my clientele are not LGBT friendly. I fear that I have a few neighbors that would be all too willing to organize an unfortunate accident.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    I think worst case scenarios are usually beyond a back-up plan. They would typically involve discovery by an unsuspecting loved one or employer. There is usually no option or plan, except admittance.
    It's the same with me. Except this, I also fear being attacked at night when I usually go out fully dressed. You read how many times women get mugged or raped by strangers somewhere. I don't even want to think what would happen if someone more powerful as me or armed would try to rape me and discovered I'm not a female. This might really pissed him off. Who knows what he would do. As a backup plan I have some protection with me, but nothing illegal, just pepper spray, because I wouldn't want to get in trouble with the law, if police stop me again and maybe decide to search the purse on this occasion. If I would be arrested fully dressed would be really embarrassing and would turn my world upside down and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Karmen; 04-02-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Good point, Carla. Plan for the unexpected. I fear running into my daughter or son-in-law while out and about. Or possibly running into one of my wife's friends. Or my own friends or neighbors.
    In fact, I was trying on dresses at a thrift store with the head clerk's help--when--a lady from the church with her kids age 7 and 10, came in the front door about 20 feet away. I managed to sneak into the nearby fitting room. I hid for a few long minutes until the clerk lady told me the coast was clear. Paid and left, fast. Wore the dress. Boy clothes in a bag.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Worst case was having to face my wife about my crossdressing. End result was her blackmailing me for divorce and all our assets, and my telling my family to keep her from being the one to break it to them. Brought my life tumbling down into a shambles for years. Still haven't recovered. And yet, looking back, it's almost funny: I was so, so sure that all the good things about me would easily outweigh the little crossdressing thing. I had gone over it in my head a thousand times, yet the pink fog is thick, and I didn't understand back then how much importance we assign to who we believe our significant others to be, and how much what we think we are in love with, can so easily be destroyed.
    OMG, I've certainly lived out and survived that one. Make surviving anything else easy. As bad as that was, I ultimately benefited in maturity and self confidence.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Well after going through needing attorneys twice in the last 7 years, all the mud the Ex has slung or tried to sling, I think Im pretty much done with the worst.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A few physical altercations with jack asses but running into my Daughter and her Husband while out shoe shopping.
    Walked right past me at one point and my son in law even looked me in the eyes from about 10 feet away.
    I kept walking over an aisle a time to get away but I honestly don't think they recognized me.
    Have never had them comment to me about it and yes they would have because I know them well.
    It wouldn't be something that would upset them or make them hate me.My oldest Daughter would be the one to have issues if I told her.

The meat comment was priceless Carla I almost inhaled my coffee.

Silver Member

The employee must have thought the meat to be your "chicken cutlets".
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-03-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP

With the police- i tell them what I am and what I am doing. Once they understand i'm just a crossdresser out and about- i've gotten out of a number of tickets that way (bullshit tickets, but still...)

people grabbing me- never happened yet, than goodness. Simply put- they are going down, and a lawsuit for egregious behavior and harassment would follow.

Folks, I am a chicken. I'm a us army artillery Forward Observer, so i'm not a coward, but I shy from a fight, because I hate to take the chance to take to fight to its conclusion: I will win. Period.

If someone grabbed me in public- dressed female or male, somebody's going to jail.

Had a guy on my roof recently, son of the roofer contracted to fix my neighbor's place. Had to rip off a dress (cute little plaid taffeta), and it pissed me off. While I did not feel the need to go out 'augmented', i did confront the guy as he was approaching the ladder to com down. It was obvious he was stoned. At that point, i was just pissed off, check his id, and the work requested to my next door neighbor.

Stupid stoner almost got seriously injured. Ended up flushing the bill for my 96 year old neighbor, as I inspected the work and found faults. But I still felt angered over that invasion of privacy. And the police captain (who knows i CD (I explained the incident to him) said it would not have been indefensible (we both do target shooting with a number of lawyers in the area)), to physically restrain the guy and file charges, but like most suburbanites- we took a deep breath and relaxed.

So this is a strange incident- but incident of invasion happen- the same neighbor had people enter her home under the guise of inspectors, she kicked them out before they got their hands on anything... but this is a serious risk- people will try to come into your home.

So as general advice, off the record, from a police captain- with my personal interpretation (meaning this is not legal advice), if you get a front door approach- people you do not know.. do not open the door or acknowledge. Call 911 if they are suspicious, thll them you are home alone with no help. Arm yourself as you can. If the people begin breaking in, tell 911 immediately- this escalates the legal point from an invasion to a burglary. You now have legal precedent for forceful resistance.

Regardless of the form of resistance- remember that the intent is always to "stop the invasion", "stop the assault", or "stop the intent"...

I know this is a very last ditch scenario, but we should be ready for it. As cds or as citizens.

But the crux of this is- if you are in a case that involves police- tell them you are a CD. This gives them the info to understand why certain reactions may bhave been atypical. It does not give one license to assault the police, but they will make the effort to be understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    My response would be: "Think carefully before you continue with your accusation. I have nothing to fear and in the end you will end up embarrassed in front of your boss. After that, both your job and his will be in danger because I will take this false accusation to your management."

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    I'd say bumping into someone I know who does know that I interact wit regularly...no plan for that.
    That one is mine. I'm now out more and more within my former "No Fly Zone." With this invariably comes encounters with friends and co-workers. I've been slowly bringing co-workers into the fold and they have so far been fine with me, but Mimi and I still have occasional near-misses. Someday one of these will spawn recognition and all I'll be able to do is say "This is me, welcome to my world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Several years ago the privacy of my backyard sanctuary was violated by nosy neighbors.... ...They will peer over the fence to chat
    Solution is simple, taller fences make better neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    i don't have any in relation to CD/TG, but i think the worst case is regretting not having an instant put-down for a rude stranger.
    Why would one want to interact at all with a rude stranger? The best put-down ever is to simply ignore their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    My worst case would be being exposed! The side of town I live in and my clientèle are not LGBT friendly. I fear that I have a few neighbors that would be all too willing to organize an unfortunate accident.
    Dang, time to move Girl! Why waste your time and attention on people who would hate your true self if you revealed it to them? They don't deserve your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmen View Post
    I also fear being attacked at night when I usually go out fully dressed. You read how many times women get mugged or raped by strangers somewhere...
    I realize that this isn't possible for some people, but I am very averse to any situation where there is a great danger of being attacked. Being dressed does not mean that I have to live totally on the wild side. If I go out at night it is to someplace that is relatively safe. Daytime excursions are much safer and often more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Worst case was having to face my wife about my crossdressing. End result was her blackmailing me for divorce and all our assets, ...I didn't understand back then how much importance we assign to who we believe our significant others to be, and how much what we think we are in love with, can so easily be destroyed.
    Yes, this can be a problem if a person is married to an image of a spouse rather than the person the spouse actually is. How many times have we seen women divorce their husbands who, for whatever reason "weren't the man I married" or men divorce their wifes because a younger, more exciting woman caught their eye. Yes, shallowness isn't a gender-specific trait.

Some marriages survive these storms, because both parties are committed to their partner as a person, not an image. They understand that every person, and relationship, evolves continuously.

There hasn't really been a worst case for me yet, but if one ever happens I'll be totally unprepared, However at this point in my life I doubt any negative event could faze me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land