Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressing at home

Dressing at home

I'm curious what others do....when I'm home alone, I'll wear heels, panties, pantyhose, skirt, breast forms/bra, blouse and bracelets. I won't bother with a wig (too uncomfortable) or make-up (to much to fuss with and to clean-up). Wearing clothes is easier to put on and take off. I'll spend a good part of the day dressed like this and really enjoy walking about the house in my heels and the feel of being dressed like a woman. There is just something about wearing women's shoes and the feel of my "girls" breastforms hanging in my bra as well as the looking at myself in the mirror. So I'm wondering if others will dress up without wig or make-up.
    Tina

I have long hair so I don't need a wig but if i had makeup I would definitely wear it, I like to experience the whole thing and not hold anything back.
    Ellie May 😘

Reality Check
    I think if you did some research, I think you would find that most women don't wear makeup if they are not leaving the house. And of course, they wouldn't wear heels.

I do pretty much as you except I always wear the wig and butt padding and I seldom wear heels. The only makeup I wear is beard cover and lipstick unless I'm going out somewhere. I don't feel "whole" without the wig and butt padding.

if I'm not wearing pumps or high heels sandals, I'll wear the slip on "mules" or clogs with 3" heels. I'm just not into flats.
    Tina

I just wear a bra and panties plus tights in winter. My outer clothes are gender neutral just in case I have to answer the door.

For me, a wig was always essential, whether I would be going out, or just enjoying myself at home alone. Makeup was nearly always part of the picture too. Not quite as critically important, since the wig (along with my enhanced female figure and sexy clothes to show it off) was sufficient to create the right look. The makeup was more like an icing-on-the-cake thing to heighten the pleasure, but not a necessity, especially if my time was limited.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sometimes just my satin nightie, gown and undies does it for me. Other times just a Cami and shorts under that satin gown.

If I'm dressing, I'm all the way 99% of the time. Always a wig when dressing but may leave my face free of makeup. Those days are as rare as hen's teeth or rocking horse doings...which ever you prefer.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 04-04-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Tina, I am very much like you in that my time is short and I love to dress. When I have the whole day, then I have the time to practice my makeup skills. Skills - not there yet.

Pretty much the same here. Only I put a wig on. The most makeup I've ever tried was some lipstick. That I know I can get off quickly and completely. Typically if my wife is working a morning shift or a mid-day shift, I'll take the opportunity to dress for anywhere from 2-4 or 5 hours before I have to go to work. Even better if I have the day off! Have been able to dress for up to 6 hours a couple of times and it feels great. Those are the times when the temptation gets strong to want to venture out. Hasn't happened yet.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I presently live alone and live as a woman at home but, I never wear makeup or heels at home.
    I only wear make up when appearing en feme in public.

BTW, I'm I letting my hair grow and no longer wear wigs. Wigs have always been too uncomfortable for me.

I never understood the use of the word 'girls' as to refer to breasts. Or 'boys' for the reference to testicles. Doesn't make any sense. That said, what we wear is most likely more about what makes us feel as if we're female. For me, that includes the long hair. And nail polish, as both are almost constantly in my field of vision, and girl style watch, bracelet, necklace and earrings (I can feel both). Make up, not so much; I can't see it, or feel it. Basically, I need the visual and tactile feedback that tells me I'm female.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Tina
    Yep. I relate to that as my time is really short, too. Often nothing more than an hour a week. Heels and a skirt or dress, with undies and the girls gives me a short fix but nothing like enough.
    Bah.
    Julia

I don't always wear makeup around the house, but my hair is an important accessory.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always present myself totally as a woman whether I am at home or going out. It just seems right!
    Hugs, Carole

Silver Member
    After my get-out-of-bed rituals, I don all needed lingerie, my breast forms, outer wear of choice (no heels or wig), some jewelry and then the 'how pretty am I' mirror review as I apply my red lipstick. If I have to go out, its in drab, fully under dressed with small forms under a loose shirt. Love it!

I never wear a wig or makeup, not trying to be a woman just love the clothes

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I never understood the use of the word 'girls' as to refer to breasts. Or 'boys' for the reference to testicles. Doesn't make any sense.
    For your consideration
    eu·phe·mism
    ˈyo͞ofəˌmizəm/
    noun
    noun: euphemism; plural noun: euphemisms

a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I usually get a couple of nights a week every other week to dress, and just for convenience and coordination I decided one night will be 'casual night' and the other night 'fancy night.' Casual night I may or may not wear makeup (if I do it's something real basic, like lip gloss and mascara) and probably something simple like jeans and a tee or long skirt (something in that direction) and flats or non-dressy wedges. Something I could see just being 'at home' or doing basic errands with. Fancy night though is always full on makeup, almost always heels or dressier wedges, invariably something that shows leg or has motion. Either way always a wig and my wedding band set and usually but not always a necklace.
    - Miranda <3

It all depends on how much time is available, usually Bra, panties, top, skinny jeans and ankle boots or pumps, not usually make-up or wig when pottering round the house, the wig usually leaves a mark on my forehead which my wife would comment on when she got home.
    However last weekend when my wife was away for a couple of days I went the whole way, as my son was around to answer the door, so had a really femme weekend. (my son is ok with me walking around the house in any thing femme.)

Jennie
    Jennie x

For the past few years, I have been off makeup. Sort of. Earrings- nearly always, yeah! Nails- yes. Lip glosses/plumpers= yes. The occasional light eyeliner or mascara.. in the past few years the zeitgeist has been 'quick change'. Nails, while removable, can be covered by gloves in most cases.

I found a pretty nice wig I like, it has strands that float in front of my face when i am up writing late at night. The feel of the wig on my head: I am telling myself is the cost of being feminine with a less than feminine body. Because girls do in fact deal with a number of things that do not feel comfortable, for the sake of appearing pretty. I am not that different after all.

At least in the internal feeling. And that is what is important to those who want to feel female. No, we can not look as cute are a real girl, but we can try, and in a number of/ cases we can topically succeed. And god love those girls who appreciate our efforts.

Banned Read only
    Tina,
    I totally agree with you , I dress and the only make up is lipstick. I'm just happy to do the jobs I would normally do, cooking , cleaning doing the washing and ironing and finally ventured into the garden despite the neighbours to water the large plant pots all round the garden.

Aspiring Member
    Whenever I am dressed I go all out, from using Nair all over my body, to applying scented body lotion, panties, bra with silicone breast inserts, pantyhose, heels, makeup, perfume, women's jewelry, dress or a skirt and top.
    I might walk around outside or go for a drive somewhere if going for a drive I take a purse and woman's billfold and a few other things in my purse.

When i am hope always in something girly. Weather its a night gown a dress or leggings, Always have on panties and a bra at home i willl do my makeup once a wk or so.

Most of the time, I'll wear a bra/panties/breasts... if I'm in the mood to wear them. Sometimes, when I got plenty of time to sit around and lounge, I'll put a full outfit on.

Aspiring Member
    Me too. Get up, take off nightie and dress completely, with firms, heels, earrings, necklace or pendant and bangles. Never, ever trousers - always a dress or skirt..sometimes lipstick but other makeup and wig only when going out which I do less and less. I shower on returning home from work and do the dressing again - almost every day. I spend more time in skirts and dresses than most women. I like to look good in women's clothes - I do not imagine I aka woman.