Thread: You run like a girl! 😅

Banned Read only

You run like a girl! 😅

So I'm sitting at the park next to my Jr. High school full femme and recalling a GG who laughed at me saying 'you run like a girl! 😅 ' at a track event.

Back then I just thought 'if you weren't a girl I'd fight ya 😠 ' (she was totally hot for me BTW ☺ ). The fact is I DID run like a girl (got those manerisms down pat!)

Anyone else look back and realized 'ya, I guess I saw the pink fog a few thousand miles out', hindsight is always 20/20 right?

Banned Read only
    Sort of the opposite for me...

I've had arthritis since I was 6. One ankle was among the first joints affected and its flexibility was a fraction of normal movement. When walking, the body jacks itself around a bit to compensate. While it felt like a regular walking motion to me (but obviously it wasn't), it appeared to be some booty shaking from the rear. I remember being asked if I walked like that on purpose and I was mystified for some time. Of course, from being in deep denial, I was very quick to point out the real situation.

So no, dressing never entered my mind back then.

DeeAnn

Always #LikeAGirl

Saw this video a while back. I think it's very good.

Reine

Banned Read only
    That's a great video Reine, thanks for sharing!

I have always run like a girl, even won long distance races doing it. :-)

When I was younger I was often misgendered in my running gear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know you are but what am I? :P
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Fascinating, Nicole. I am guessing you didn't watch or you didn't understand the whole point of the video.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Very nice video, Yeah, we had some of those traits and function as male. LOL, but I know many girls who run and it is hard to keep up with them. I do get-fit and it is all girls. I am the only male doing it with them. My SO has stated that possibly men do not like taking command from a female trainer. I think that the workouts are harder than men actually want to do. But whatever, men do not do the cross-fit routines. Only women and me. LOL One girl in that group sees me working really hard and running I am pretty good. She calls me an overachiever. But these women are thirty years younger than me. I have to try hard.
    Part Time Girl

I've always been good at sports, and never received any derogatory comments, but I do recall other kids being the butt of such jibes. One of my best friends had a terrible time trying to learn how to throw a baseball properly, he kept trying to shotput it, and he was a victim of some cruelty. I remember spending the better part of an afternoon teaching him the correct technique, and playing catch with him until he mastered it. I have three daughters, all of whom were varsity athletes, and one of them was even sent home from school in 2nd or 3rd grade for beating up a boy. I wasn't sure whether to be mortified or proud.

Anyway, to get back to Robin's original post, my answer is "no" there is nothing in my past which relates to being uncoordinated or unathletic which was a clue to the oncoming pink fog episodes. But, with the wisdom of hindsight, I think I can see other traits and instances which might have been harbingers, but I'm not sure if that is real or an merely an attempt to reconcile things in my mind.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 04-07-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Didn't complete thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Saw this video a while back. I think it's very good.
    The huge problem is, that women still use that statement 'like a girl' as an insult to men, as well as any feminine terms (p*ssy, sissy, etc.) when trying to hurt us verbally. And as long as THEY consider it derogatory, it will remain so. Way, way too many women consider feminine as something less than masculine, and although it's mostly based on physical strength/speed/endurance/fighting, it's been carried over to mental tenacity as well; most people simply don't think women are willing to work as hard as a man on any given task.

A boy who does anything 'like a girl' is considered a loser by virtually every girl. And that's where it begins, and stays, for the rest of our lives. Women have to stop considering less of themselves before everyone else will.

For all those who don't believe; lets hear if you know of ANY behaviors where 'like a girl' is considered a compliment (other than dressing up real pretty, or any other CD related things).
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-07-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi SM ... fewer and fewer females are using 'like a girl' as an insult. Well, at least I hope so. If I had a daughter and she used the term this way, I'd explain in no uncertain terms why doing this is not a good idea.

... if a woman uses the term pejoratively, she fundamentally ends up putting herself and other women down. Female track competitors don't run any differently than men. Female golfers don't swing the club any differently than men. Female baseball players don't swing the bat any differently than men. ETC.

So if a boy does something "like a girl", then I wonder what the heck he is doing. lol. We all have the same body parts, the same muscle groups. I would hope he is not running or throwing in a silly, affected way like the boys in the video demonstrated. If a boy does that, then he needs to be told to stop the fake moves and just move normally.
    Reine