Thread: Are you your own female doppelganger?

Banned Read only

Are you your own female doppelganger?

After 18 months into the pink storm I'm still trying to figure this out but I had a realization lately...I'm becoming my own female doppelganger! I dress exactly like I did en drab when en femme (but obviously EN FEMME, like seriously femme! )

I think that might be another check mark in the 'yep, you're TG hon!' column...maybe?

Hell-o Robin,
    I would say yes. I'm more comfortable in a pair of women's jeans and shirt
    than in a dress or a skirt.
    (Heels are the major difference, but hey!)
    Not that I don't like the feeling of wearing skirts and dresses
    (what could be more feminine to a CDer?)
    I've had a friend here comment that they were having trouble with the
    idea of going out because they didn't know what to wear. I said wear what
    you're comfortable wearing while in guy mode, just shop on the other side of the store.
    If you're comfortable with what you're wearing, that's one less thing to worry about
    when you're out and about!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Absolutely, it's all about being 'comfortable'! For some that might mean a dress or skirt and heels (I kinda wish I could rock that look), but for me it's skinny jeans, a top, and nice makeup (Oh yah, and my Uber Bra, talk about 'sweater puppies' 😆 )

skinny jeans and top for me. I'll be comfortable in skirts and dresses eventually. For now though, I NEED to buy women's trousers for work.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Not me, I'm pretty much the opposite, in drab jeans and t shirt and trainers, but en femme, colour full tops, boots, heels, skinny jeans, skirts, jump suits etc, must mention the fab underwear as well compared to the boring drab stuff.
    I couldn't be more different.
    Jennie x

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    That's me too I've become very comfortable wearing very relaxed women's clothes and it helps me blend in better too.
    Now I do love a nice summer skirt too but ladies shorts are so cute love wearing them

Robin
    I think you may have nailed a biggie. At first there's the realisation; then there's the desire to express/present to the max, and then for some there's normalisation. I'm still between stages one and two. Some maybe don't get past that, but that's cool too. Some of course realise that even stage three isn't enough and that they need physiological change. Hey, it's a journey to who knows where, right?
    Juliax
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

I would say I've developed 3 different levels depending on mood for causal skorts or leggings and comfortable heels. If feeling the need to be a bit more girly a skirt, blouse, thigh highs and heels. And for those all out days a dress, hose, 3 inch heels and full makeup. Depending on situation I'm fairly comfortable in all. But at first it was all out or nothing. Plus I've noticed as I'm getting more comfortable also my appearance is more and more feminine. In drab except when dressed for work jeans and tee shirt with no real style or thought.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Robin I knew there was a reason we clicked so to speak.
    I have been that way for the last 4 years I'm just me and I don't see a difference in my guy and girl side.
    If people don't get me thats OK they do their own thing and I'll do mine.

Robin, yeah as I was able to go all out last week. hose, heels, full slip under dress and makeup, bling and elegant to go out to a function. Awesome moments and the fact that we are definitely on the TG spectrum. Was a full woman last week for the entire week. It felt fine to be one.
    Part Time Girl

I'm usually the same. Both of my wardrobes are black.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

hmmm here I sit in my girl bootcut jeans and a purple french cuff shirt, got a black double o ring belt on with white pumas, if I was in guy mode Id be in a t shirt and jeans, but yes Im comfortable in either, but I can tell you the way I feel right now is a lot better than a t shirt & jeans. oh and my hair is styled now so Ya Ive changed a bit since joining the forum!
    Last edited by Mykaa; 04-05-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the feedback ladies, I love this place, makes me feel completely normal...wait a minute...I am completely normal! 😊

I'll fight ya if you ever think you're not!
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I'm comfortable only in very feminine blouses, skirts, jumper skirts, dresses, and shoes. When en femme I never wear pants. Pants are only for the in drab mode for me, when I have no otehr choice. The skirts, etc. are all about knee length, with a huge pettycoat underneath to give a huge flair. I like clothes with a lot of material, kind of turn of the century and Rocco period type. My theory is that clothes help make a person look good and clothes made up of lots of material do that, at least for me. Hence the skinny type is out for me. Clothes area form of decoration. The more presence they have the more feminine they can make a person look. I was born at the wrong time, 100 years earlier at least would have been much better!
    I'm not a doppelganger. En femme is the real me.
    In the end result, I guess it's what make a person feel comfortable that's important.
    Robin, I'm glad this place makes you feel normal becuse you most certainly are. Me too! This place is normal. It's the muggles' world that isn't. It's just too artificial, with no imagination.
    Last edited by PattyT; 04-06-2016 at 07:51 PM.

No, my styles and colors are pretty different now, but my two wardrobes are starting to influence each other.

I am very different in the two modes.
    En femme..... I go all femme....meaning colorful dresses, skirts, high heel sandals, dangly earings, long eye lashes, long gel nails.....the lost goes on.

Except for the makeup, earrings and bracelets, wig, and bra forms, I am a doppelganger almost completely. I wear similar jeans, sweatshirts/turtlenecks, windbreaker jackets, foot gear, in both male and female presentations. I wish I could wear skinny jeans with Spandex, but that just accentuates my flat butt and narrow hips, so Levi 501's have to work both ways.

In the warm weather, which lasts about three weeks in this region, I like to wear the long, very full, off the shoulder dresses.

My make and female sides are polar opposites.
    I'm 100% feminine when dressed and not a hint of anything manly appeals to me, from the way I walk to the way I sit, eat drink and even the music I listen too is different.