Thread: Clothing Identification

Banned Read only

Clothing Identification

Let's brain storm this,

1/ A well dressed man in a suit wears 3" heeled boots (women's) because he likes the look and they make his feet look smaller than cowboy boots. These boots are made for feet and men and women's feet are no different ? Does this make him a crossdresser ?
    2/ The young woman that greets you inside a restaurant is wearing a man's button down collar white shirt and tie under her jacket. Is she a crossdresser ?
    3/ Even though it's been said on here that women's clothes are made to fit the female body we have heard numerous times that girl jeans fit a male's body better than any male jean you can find. They also are softer and don't have all that extra material in the butt area. Why in the name of common sense shouldn't he wear jeans that fit better. Does this make him a crossdresser ?
    4/ Panties just fit and feel better than what designers offer men, doesn't it make good sense to wear what's better? Does this make him a crossdresser? Why should some designer tell you what underwear you should wear and the public and especially women accept his opinion as law?

As I see it the only real item that would make a male a crossdresser is a bra and if he happens to have big boobs and it helps him to wear one then the bra is doing the same thing for him it does for women therefore he's not a crossdresser.

Since I'm right about all of the above, isn't society the one that's really screwed up??????? Isn't it time they updated to the twenty first century and got out of the eighteen hundreds. Even back then George Washington wore heeled boots and shoes, ruffled shirts, powder and wigs.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-06-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: How rude

Mmmm!

Skirts for men is next?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Sure they are cross dressers. Why? Not because it is right or wrong to wear those items.... but because these are examples of people wearing items MARKETED to the opposite gender. Thus they are crossing over gender lines to dress in clothes typically associated with the opposite gender.

Seems pretty simple to me. But I do understand how offensive it can be to describe someone in a way in which they would prefer to not be described.

When certain clothes are required at a job it is not cross dressing it is wearing a unuform. A woman waitress in a shirt and tie is common and accepted but a man in a skirt and blouse would be totally unacceptable. A woman would have more chance getting a job at a fancy restraunt that has mostly male waiters as it is more easy for her to be accepted in a shirt tie and pants. A man would have zero chance at a restraunt featuring female waitress as he would not easily fit in wearing a skirt and blouse. The social acceptance is very one sided favoring women dressed in clothes more typically worn by men. The gender clothing barrier for women seems to be non existent but for the knuckle dragging cave male the gender clothing barrier only has a few chips in it. Must be a Testosterone thing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    ...Since I'm right about all of the above, ...
    You took too huge a leap with this comment.

1) Men don't do this. They wear men's shoes/boots.
    2) That's a uniform
    3) You are WAY wrong. Women's clothes are cut for women's bodies.
    4) Yes, a man who wears women's underwear is a cross dresser.

Hi Deebra,
    Definitely, society's been screwed-up since the dawn of civilisation. But therein lies the rub; patriarchal claims over women, sex, procreation, resources gave rise to codes to discern male from female, and transgressing this norm is experienced primally by the primitive brains!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    To some, taking the thought of wearing women's clothes away is going to spoil their Cding adventure, even if only undredresed !

I'm not sure if I'd say you're totally right, girls wear drab clothes as well as sexy ones, and even that can screw some society members up !

I think it is a society thing, scotts wear skirts, in their society they call them kilts. When you see a man in a kilt you think he is from Scotland, not a Cross dresser. However a friend of mine from Scotland married a Mexicsn girl in Guanajuato, and he was wearing a kilt, the town center was paralized, for most people there never saw a man in a skirt before! The wedding made the newspapers!
    Now if all clothes were unisex and wearing skirts and heels, etc would be accepted and not perceived as feminine, how would we express our feminity?

Really? What i see here is someone rationalizing their own lifestyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post

Since I'm right about all of the above, isn't society the one that's really screwed up??????? Isn't it time they updated to the twenty first century and got out of the eighteen hundreds. Even back then George Washington wore heeled boots and shoes, ruffled shirts, powder and wigs.
    1, yes he is
    2. No she is not
    3. Yes he is
    4. Yes he is

No to 2 because she is no way trying to present as male. Yes to the others because the clothing is made and marketed to women for women. If you are stating that the clothing is marketed as unisex, then the answers will change. There ARE nylon underwear made FOR men that would suit your criteria, and yet the majority here wouldn't wear them on a bet. There are also jeans made for men that would fit your criteria. Heeled boots are cut different (and women's are narrower)

If you feel better justifying that you are wearing the clothes for utilitarian purposes, that would be your opinion...it doesn't make you right. Life is full of things that you may not agree with.

Now I present that society, with all its flaws, is not screwed up. Since it is men who in general would never wear clothing designed and made for women, it is the learned and maybe innate behavior of men. Designers have attempted on many occasions to incorporate feminine designs into men's fashion. I will also present that if a male will only buy a piece of clothing from the female areas of the store when there are male counterparts, they are a crossdresser (assuming we are using the definition that a CD is a person who wears clothing intended for the opposite gender and then returns to presenting as male in time). Your example of male clothing and accessories from history is incomplete also. Men, through fashion or function, abandoned those things. They were NEVER clothing that was made for women that men wore.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    but because these are examples of people wearing items MARKETED to the opposite gender.
    If a man smokes Virginia Slims, is he a cross-smoker? If he uses a Lady Bic razor, is he a cross-shaver? Lots of products are marketed based on gender, but most of the time people don't take issue with those who cross those marketing lines.

Fashion dictates are rather arbitrary when one tries to apply logic to them. There was a time when men wore high heels and pink was for boys. That's changed now and it could change again. I once saw a photograph of what looked like a cute little baby girl, about two or three years old. That "Cute little girl" was future president Franklin D. Roosevelt. No, FDR wasn't a cross-dresser (as far as I know), that's just how people dressed their children at the time.

Genetic women get a lot more latitude to play with their gender expression than genetic men. A woman with short hair wearing a suit and tie attracts a lot less attention than a man wearing lipstick and a dress. Women's fashion also borrows heavily from menswear styles, but the opposite is not true. It doesn't seem fair, but that's the world we live in.

Is a man wearing a suit and tie sold in the ladies' department a cross-dresser? It seems the consensus here would be "Yes." But would anyone notice?

Maybe i should call them "my jeans" instead of "girl jeans"?
    Maybe I should call them my underwear instead of women

Maybe this change starts with me?

Eddie Izzard has a good quote - that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

4) Yes, a man who wears women's underwear is a cross dresser.
    Wait, are you saying I'm a cross dresser?

Banned Read only
    Not just you Riley!

Call it whatever you want, but I agree with Lorileah. If you are seeking a way to dress in the clothing of the opposite gender on a consistent basis for whatever reason, you're a cross dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Really? What i see here is someone rationalizing their own lifestyle.

1, yes he is
    2. No she is not
    3. Yes he is
    4. Yes he is

No to 2 because she is no way trying to present as male. Yes to the others because the clothing is made and marketed to women for women. If you are stating that the clothing is marketed as unisex, then the answers will change. There ARE nylon underwear made FOR men that would suit your criteria, and yet the majority here wouldn't wear them on a bet. There are also jeans made for men that would fit your criteria. Heeled boots are cut different (and women's are narrower)

If you feel better justifying that you are wearing the clothes for utilitarian purposes, that would be your opinion...it doesn't make you right. Life is full of things that you may not agree with.

Now I present that society, with all its flaws, is not screwed up. Since it is men who in general would never wear clothing designed and made for women, it is the learned and maybe innate behavior of men. Designers have attempted on many occasions to incorporate feminine designs into men's fashion. I will also present that if a male will only buy a piece of clothing from the female areas of the store when there are male counterparts, they are a crossdresser (assuming we are using the definition that a CD is a person who wears clothing intended for the opposite gender and then returns to presenting as male in time). Your example of male clothing and accessories from history is incomplete also. Men, through fashion or function, abandoned those things. They were NEVER clothing that was made for women that men wore.
    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Maybe I should call them my girl jeans

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    Maybe i should call them "my jeans" instead of "girl jeans"?
    Maybe I should call them my underwear instead of women

Maybe this change starts with me?

Eddie Izzard has a good quote - that makes sense.