Thread: No fashion statement

No fashion statement

I was skiing yesterday and had the unpleasant experience of breaking my fibula in my lower leg.

I am now hobbling around on crutches and am in an air cast. The cast has to be on for at least six weeks.

My look is high heels, hosiery and mini's so I am hugely concerned about "dressing"; especially wearing one high heel only with crutches in the short term (maybe abstain for safety reasons) and then how to deal with the not so fashionable look of a cast on one leg and a heel, hose and mini on the rest of me?

Any advice out there????
    Last edited by NikiMichelle; 04-08-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Go sking again and break the other leg.

Hell-o Niki

First of all... That sucks! Hope you were having fun
    before the incident.
    Now let's get to dealing with this cast situation.....
    If it's a clear air cast some lace patterned hose, or leggings,
    will still be visible under it.
    If you can't see through it, covering it with some matching
    colored elastic wrap could work.
    Otherwise just own it!
    Heal quickly!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 04-08-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    NikkiMichelle,
    I really feel for you, breaking a leg like that and spoiling two of the things you enjoy most. Being philosophical it could have been worse but annoyingly why did it happen at all ?

In my case I would abstain from wearing heels for the time being, my wife would give me no sympathy at all if I injured myself more by wearing heels in that situation. If you're still in the closet you won't be able to rush off and cover up in a hurry, if that's not a problem , stockings or holdups will solve one problem and it might be easier to slip an easy to wear dress on .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sorry you got injured so heal up quick.

Banned Read only
    Yah, what Kristyn said! OMG, it's starting to freaking rain, gotta go!

Walking on one high heel with the other leg already broken.....not a good idea. I've already seen one person break the second leg trying that trick. But it's your legs. Next step is a wheelchair for 6 weeks. Your choice.

I'd stick to a sneaker for the 'good' leg. You need as much control as you can considering that you're basically only allowed to hop; if you put weight on the bad leg, you could seriously affect the healing, and could permanently wind up with a non-union and it might not ever heal. Rare, but it does happen, and you don't want to be one of the ones it happens too.

Stay off the bad leg. Do the best you can with the other. A cute sneaker should be fine. Cheerleaders wear them all the time. If you want the outfit, here: http://www.cheerleading.com/ they have ready made uniforms and can ship the next day. So you can feel girly and do the best for your broken leg. Pick an all white sneaker, decorate it with matching colors with colored laces and magic markers, or paint if you're skilled at painting.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Niki Michelle , By the time you're able walk in heels again all of your heels will be out of fashion

Just be careful and get well soon -......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    Remember, this happens to "real" women also. Dress like a woman with a broken leg would dress. She would not wear heels (or a heel). She would be practical about it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Any advice out there????

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_CD View Post
    Go sking again and break the other leg.
    Skiing lessons?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Have fun with it - decorate it - wear colorful long socks or stockings, attractive low heeled shoes, and a flirty skirt