Thread: Phantom Breasts

Phantom Breasts

Good day everyone.
    Every once in a while, I feel like I'm wearing my forms when I'm not. A few times I've been hanging out with my friends and suddenly I panic because I think I'm wearing them when I'm not.

I've heard of people who've lost limbs that feel Phantom sensations from where the limb would have been. I wonder if maybe it's something like that?

Anyway, have any of you experienced something like that?
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

Not likely. The "Phantom" pains you refer to are due to false nerve signals after the nerves have been severed. The brain thinks it can still feel the limb. What you feel is more like wishful thinking.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm not so sure "wishful thinking" is the right way to put it. Sure there are times when I wish they were real, but those times generally coincide with when I'm actually wearing them. When I'm in male mode, it's usually because I feel masculine. During those times I don't want breasts. That's why I panicked when I thought I was wearing them around the guys, because I really felt as if they were there when they weren't.

But you're right. Its not the same exact thing as phantom sensations cause I never had the nerve endings to begin with. I just figured maybe it was similar. Like how if you have your hair cut and it feels like you should have more hair than you do. You're so used to having more hair that it feels off for a while.

Speaking for myself it is definitely my wishful thinking. I find it very pleasant when in the course of a normal day around others I experience the sensation of having more breast then I really do. Apologies in advance...I think I'll change my screen name to "Phantom Of The Opbra"
    Two Spirits

Well, I always feel like my BF's are there even when they aren't.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Maybe more akin to "deja vu" or false memory. Sounds to me more like when you leave the house and don't remember if you locked it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've experienced something similar. It's difficult to describe so I can only give examples.

In my younger years I skied frequently. In the car on the way home, it would often feel as if I was still skiing when the road would twist and turn. Last week I became briefly obsessed with a new (for me) trend in Japan and Korea, that of making real tiny food (here's an example). LOL I watched about a dozen of these videos, fascinated over such a concept! Afterwards, for a brief time, I felt as if I everything I was doing was in miniature (I know ... it was weird but fun, and it didn't last long). I've also been out in boats on blustery days and still felt the ground rock beneath my feet when I returned to dry land. No doubt everyone has experienced still feeling dizzy after getting off a ride at the amusement park.

So no, I don't think it's weird that you felt the forms after having taken them off. But if you still felt it days after you removed the forms, then I would agree with Lori.
    Reine

A similar sensation - Lake Michigan isn't far from here and when I used to swim there the waves (similar to ocean waves) caused a drifting, rising feeling as your body moved with them. The feeling of rising with each wave was still felt long after getting out of the water. I've gotta hit the beach this summer!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I thought you meant they floated through walls. That would be embarassing

There are occasions I have let someone pass me leaving more space than necessary.

Mostly I forget and lead with my breasts.

If they were real I would be badly bruised by now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey, with a good enough imagination you can get yourself to believe anything. While most people require hallucinogens, and others, simply mental disorders, there is always a gray line in the middle where some are just better able to make themselves feel things that aren't there. You know, like that crawling sensation when you find out your cubicle mate has lice.......the mind is a powerful thing, even when we don't necessarily want it to be! Why, right now I can feel the sensations of having worn tight heels all day, and all I had to do is jam my toes into the wall!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    I can't say that I've ever had the sensation of wearing my breast forms when I wasn't. I do sometimes dream that I am wearing them when I shouldn't be and in my dreams I am trying to hide them or remove them.

I don't know if this is really the same thing but it kind of supports the idea of phantom breast sensation.
    I always keep my iPhone on vibrate and there are time where I swear I can feel it vibrating as if someone is calling me but my phone will be on my desk, no call or text coming in. My dad has told me has had the same sensation. Weird thing is I never had that sensation when I used an Android phone.

I gotta be honest... I feel a little funny admitting all that. Ugh... how will I ever come out of the CD closet if I feel funny about phantom phone vibrations.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I don't think it has anything to do with iPhones in particular, but Phantom Phone Vibration Syndrome is a real thing:

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04...tion-syndrome/

Feeling like you're wearing your breast forms when you aren't seems in the range of normal. Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a watch and I haven't worn one in years (but I still look at my wrist when I wonder what time it is.) I think the medical term for it is "habit." Though it might also be wishful thinking or a self-comforting behavior.

Funny. Since I've been growing mine.... Some times I will brush against something unexpectedly and they feel like my forms felt. Like not real. It takes some getting used to.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

@Krisi
    I've had those dreams too. Always so disconcerting

@Sue
    I've had that too and I'm using an android. I'll even "hear" it.

@sometimesMiss
    I'm a firm believer in the power of mind over matter. After all, we have the placebo effect.