Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we stop posting pictues at a certain age ?

58 here and not a fem as i would like but not to bad i guess.

Teresa, I don't see any reason why anybody should stop posting pictures just because of age. However, that being said, I'm not very computer savvy as far as uploading pictures on sites that I visit regularly, so the only picture anybody sees of me is my profile pic which was taken shortly after my coming out in 2007.

I do enjoy seeing the photos of the other girls (including you) and marvelling at their feminine attire and appearance.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I agree that we need to continue to post pictures no matter what. Otherwise, how do a forum that is open and supportive determine when to stop posting?
    Setting an age limit would mean that we are only interested in viewing images of young people. While I envy their smooth skin, I look seeing people who are older than me looking so classy. It gives me hope.
    If we are lucky enough to age where we have so many wrinkles that cream foundation has no more effect, then do we stop posting? I hope not. That would be akin to ageism.
    If we are only interested in "pretty" or "passable" images, then that would be a very sad day for me as a crossdresser.

The encouragement that Teresa mentioned in her original post is the reason I come to this site. : )

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Over 70. This was taken a couple of months ago. U tell me, Teresa.
    Is it time for me to hang up my camera?

P1070141 (2) (524x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Don't let worrying about the opinions of others stop you from posting. You're not hurting anyone, and if they don't like it they don't have to open the thread.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I hope not, I like seeing them. My jaw drops often when many members tell their age, cause they often don't look it. Hopefully, I could look as young!

Dear Teresa
    we should never stop to express our joy and fulfillment of the other side of our minds to the inner pleasure we give ourselves.... a slight hint of who we are .....It is an opening to the other lady which is always hidden in the background of our minds ....it is fair enough to expose this lovely beautiful lady at all ages who patiently awaited and kept on making us happy .....if we stop taking pictures ,,,then it is then we die from the inside.
    We should never allow to stop taking pictures ...
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Hello Teresa
    I would love to put pictures on here but when you make a promise not to put pictures on show anywhere or out my self to other people
    IT must be done ?.

Carolyn xx

Banned Read only
    Carolyn,
    I haven't made that promise to anyone , as far as I know my wife and family don't know , I guess it's a little too late to change that now, the pictures are an important part of my Cding . To stop now is a step back I don't think I can make .

I"ve gotta side with the feminists on this one...why should everything about womanhood be about LOOKS??? it's no wonder so many women are uncomfortable in their own skin...all media is about women's appearance,whether they are young or old, slender or overweight. Same with us...it shouldn't necessarily be about how 'attractive' we are to others, but how comfortable we are with ourselves.

You look wonderful Teresa. I would love to see more pics. I bet those are stockings, and not pantyhose huh?

Just in case anybody got the impression from my earlier comment in this thread ...

While I have decided not to dress up anymore because of my age, please don't think that I would want to impose that same decision on anybody else. I love looking at the photos that are posted here, and I applaud anyone who does her best to look pretty and to enjoy her femininity and to share her enjoyment with the rest of us. You girls all rock!

lori. How can you stop dressing? Don't you feel the "need" anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
    How can you stop dressing? Don't you feel the "need" anymore?
    Thirty years ago, your question would have made perfect sense to me. Remember, though, that dressing up has a variety of different meanings and satisfactions for those of us who do it. I'm a fetishistic dresser, an auto-erotic dresser. Dressing up was always a sexual act for me, and always ended with an orgasm. When I decided to make a second try at marriage (after the discovery of my dressing up resulted in the end of the first), I decided that I would need to either be honest and open about my single-handed (pun intended) way of sometimes satisfying my sexual desires, or else give up the dressing and devote all my sexual energies to my wife. I found a woman with whom that latter approach worked. She was great, we were great together, and while crossdressing remained a part of my fantasy life, I never again tried on a female garment. When she passed away, and I looked at what the decades have done to my neck and my face and my body, I could no longer imagine creating the sexpot appearance that I used to love. Female clothing was never a comfort for me, as it is for some of our sisters here. It was always an intense sexual thrill. I have to face the fact--as many gg's do--that I can no longer be sexually desirable in the way that I used to be able to do. In answer to your question, yes, I do feel the "need." But dressing up and seeing this old lady in the mirror would never satisfy it. My fantasies still run wild, but it's all in my imagination now, with some spicing up via cybersex.

Silver Member
    Terasa - You always look great and very happy in your pictures. Please keep posting them.

I don't think age should matter. I love seeing everybody post pictures. Whether they're my age or more mature, whether they pass or not, none of that makes a difference, because seeing people post their pictures and having fun helps create this great atmosphere that this community has!
    I'm 22. When I see a more mature person post I feel encouraged to not give up and to just enjoy this part of my life : )

You look amazing, by the way, keep on keepin' on!!

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I don't do pantyhose ( Tights to us Brits !) yes they are stockings . Thanks for your kind comments.

Heather,
    It looks like you're stuck with me for a while and my pics !

Audrey,
    I'm not sure I understand your comment but the use of pictures helps with my own acceptance and has improved my comfort level.

Monica ,
    I'm so glad as a younger member you appreciate the point I'm making, if the pictures help you in any way then it's worth it .

No. I'll post pics as long as there is photo editing software. ha

If the camera gets too old or they stop making film for it, I will still find innovative ways to record my activities.

I have been reading up on a new discovery of late......

Digital photography. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There is no age limit to our own enjoyment of the pics shared. You are concerned HERE about what others may think of you???? We are very open and accepting here.
    I think makeup makes all of us look younger, so if someone wishes to share, go ahead. I think I look good for 55.. How hot.io website thought I was 26!
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I don't see why anyone that likes taking pictures should stop. If you are not harming someone and you enjoy it still.:
    ^this. Lots of people out there love to dress up in all sorts of outfits, and they all have websites for it. Rocky horror fans dress up in their favorite outfits. So do star trek fans. Star wars fans. The list goes on and on. Wear what you want, post pics if you are out, and enjoy when someone else appreciates your art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure that no matter how homely I think I am looking like a hippo in a dress, somewhere there's someone who thinks I look great. BUt me, I just don't want to subject everyone else to that kind of visual sight just for that one in a billion person. It would kind of burn into the retinas,
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely we should not stop posting..... I've been adjusting my look as I age, and I'm darn proud of who I am and the image I project!

Joanna

And thank you Monica!

You are the future. We (ok I hate to admit it but at nearly 50 it must be the case) are the past, or at best the "fleeting present" (Aquinas, anyone?)
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

Reality Check
    I would say that it's up to the individual. If you think your photos look good, they are not offensive, and you want to share them with other crossdressers, this forum is the logical place to do it.

Banned Read only
    Aside from what dressing does for each of us and what need(s) it satisfies, there is also the wonderful discovery that makeup makes us look YOUNGER!!! Who would turn that down? I was 67 as of last December and am frequently guessed as late 50's and often younger when presenting as Don. When completely dressed, probably take another 5 to 8 off of that. In spite of having children, I was able to avoid the wrinkles...

Works For Me.

DeeAnn