Thread: I went out as my CD self and…

I went out as my CD self and…

Last night I did something that for me has never fully happened. I went out from behind the door of my apartment in, what is for me, my full cross-dressed self. It wasn’t to anywhere other than to quickly walk the dog, and it was very early in the morning (3am I think) but it was exhilarating none the less. I have gone out wearing leggings before (black only) and that has been it. What made this time different was that I was also wearing a woman’s night shirt and a bra that made it obvious that I had boobs. I say that it was exhilarating, but in all honesty it was a mix of feelings and anxiety. I was worried about someone seeing me and I was in a hurry to get back behind the safety of my apartment door. It was exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. I was out for about 10 mins which seemed at the time like the longest 10 mins of my life. Once back inside I couldn’t get back to sleep because I was ecstatic that I had gone out without transitioning back. It was a big step for me personally and I want to do it again but am not sure of when or how it will happen. Most likely very late at night and again only for a short dog walk.

When was your first time out as your CD self? Do you remember what it felt like? How did you react when you returned back to your “safe zone”. Were you noticed by anyone and if so what were the looks you received?

Reality Check
    I've posted this before and I'll post it again. Walking around, dressed as a woman at 3:00 AM is not a good idea. Yes, fewer people will see you, but those who do will take an interest in you and why you are out at that time of day. The police, for one, and unsavory characters for another.

Women don't stroll around alone at 3:00 in the morning. It's too dangerous. You could be robbed or raped. Police will suspect that you are a prostitute.

You are much safer walking around in broad daylight. Get away from your neighborhood, go to a shopping mall or a tourist or business part of town, get out of the car and act like you are shopping or on a mission.

Banned Read only
    My first time was LONG time ago, I wore pink Huggies diapers and crawled into the living room, it was late at night so no one clocked me 😉

Seriously though, my first time was over 20 yrs ago (before the great purge). I think I felt a like you did but it was sooo liberating being able to let 'her' out and walk and act like...a woman!

I remember passing a couple women and as they passed I couldn't help hearing them whisper 'I think that's a guy 😰 '. Funny thing, it didn't really bother me at all...hey, there was SOME doubt right 😊

Fast forward, I make a much more presentable woman now and last fall I was out full femme at a local park when a guy walking his dog approached me and said 'Hi !' just as my phone rang, I knew it was a work emergency and had to answer...in full Batman voice as well 😨

The poor guy turned 180 and his dog fell over sideways, ummm, sorry? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I've posted this before and I'll post it again. Walking around, dressed as a woman at 3:00 AM is not a good idea. Yes, fewer people will see you, but those who do will take an interest in you and why you are out at that time of day. The police, for one, and unsavory characters for another.

Women don't stroll around alone at 3:00 in the morning. It's too dangerous. You could be robbed or raped. Police will suspect that you are a prostitute.
    It was litterally just outside my apartment I didn't go for a walk or more then 100yards from where my apartment door is and thus in truth I don't fully consider it "going out" per say. I would agree with you that walking the streets in the morning in full dress would not be the best idea for some of the reasons you mentioned. Also I live in the tourist mecca of the US and its not easy to go out and not be seen judged, yada yada. I have seen gay people attacked for showing affection in public, I have also seen ridicule towards others for being different. The idea that it would be safe to go out in day light in a tourist area is like throwing yourself into the lions den of every judgemental society on this earth. People don't easily accept things they cannot understand, or that do not conform to their beliefs. When you step into a tourist area you step into all of this and as a result its not a safe place. I would rather walk down the street at night and have to deal with police or some jerk that would possibly rob me then deal with the possiblity of being assulted, even murdered during the day because I chose to CD and someone didn't agree with it. I understand your point and in sense of security but I also think it has a lot to do with your location and the environment in which you live.

How big is your dog? A large dog, no matter how friendly, does repel robbers and cops.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Yes, I've felt the same feelings. There are some paradoxes in this. The desire to go out in the wee hours is because we feel safer then, right? And yet, as others have pointed out, most women won't be walking around at those times of day precisely because it's not safe. Especially if they are wearing a bra that accentuates the boobs. And maybe we stay close to home because it feels safer, and yet, whoever happens to see us there is more likely than anybody anywhere else to recognize us. For me, though, the risk and fear was part of the thrill of the whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    How big is your dog? A large dog, no matter how friendly, does repel robbers and cops.
    Its a medium sized dog. She would probably run from the robber or attacker she is scared of a bush so who knows.

it is easy for those of us who have habituated to going out dressed, to forget the fears of that first time - and the thrills too. I echo that it's not the smartest time of day/night to go out, dog or no dog, as predators and their hunters are all out in force then. Daylight is safest, in places with many people, because then everyone will conform to the sheep mode of passive going-about-business.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You stepped out the door and that is the positive part.Good for you girl!!

way to go, now you will want to it more . ( just be safe )

Those early forays into the wild are invigorating.

You just want to do it more.
    Do enjoy what you are doing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reading your post, reminds me of how wonderful it was. And on some levels, still is. I would suggest taking a drive next. If you are worried about people seeing you by your apartment do the change in the car thing. The first few times I went out it was just driving. Then I sat in a busy store parking for a while with lots of people passing by. I am at the point now where the furthest I really go is parking in a semi-deserted parking lot and just walking around the car, maybe pretending to be on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    My first time was LONG time ago, I wore pink Huggies diapers
    Wow!

That's not where I thought this was going, Robin!

Banned Read only
    When I first ventured out the door of our home it was a drive around the neighborhood. I was totally en femme in a sleeveless white dress, white low heels, undergarments and hosiery and a blond wig. I stayed off the main streets. After several drives I finally parked the car and took a walk. I was wearing the blond wig and a red dress and red heels. I had on full makeup. Again, it was off the main streets. I did get a honk from a passing pickup truck. It did cross my mind that I hoped nobody was going to stop. The first time I interacted with the masses was at Halloween. I wore a jade and black long sleeve print with black heels and hosiery. Again, it was full makeup and the blond wig.

I found all these forays exciting. Now? Not so much. Last month my wife was away for six nights and I went out numerous times for a walk. I was actually bored. Nothing was accomplished. I felt more relaxed being at home and actually doing things...getting something accomplished.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlove View Post
    It was litterally just outside my apartment I didn't go for a walk or more then 100yards from where my apartment door is and thus in truth I don't fully consider it "going out" per say. I would agree with you that walking the streets in the morning in full dress would not be the best idea for some of the reasons you mentioned. Also I live in the tourist mecca of the US and its not easy to go out and not be seen judged, yada yada. I have seen gay people attacked for showing affection in public, I have also seen ridicule towards others for being different. The idea that it would be safe to go out in day light in a tourist area is like throwing yourself into the lions den of every judgemental society on this earth. People don't easily accept things they cannot understand, or that do not conform to their beliefs. When you step into a tourist area you step into all of this and as a result its not a safe place. I would rather walk down the street at night and have to deal with police or some jerk that would possibly rob me then deal with the possiblity of being assulted, even murdered during the day because I chose to CD and someone didn't agree with it. I understand your point and in sense of security but I also think it has a lot to do with your location and the environment in which you live.
    If you look like Hulk Hogan in drag, you may have a point. When I go out I go in the daytime and the tourist section of town is usually where I go. I feel I'm unlikely to be seen or recognized by anyone I know. Folks who see me are likely to think I am a tourist, not a local. I've never had any trouble when walking in the tourist area or the business area. Or the mall. Of course, I am dressed to blend in, not as a hooker.

To me, just outside of your apartment is the worst place to be walking around dressed if you care about being recognized as a crossdresser, especially walking your dog. If people don't make the direct connection, they will associate you with the dog.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I am just suggesting what I believe are better options for you and anyone else trying to get out. I'm not putting myself out as an expert on the subject so ignore them if you wish.

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    My first time out...(sorry, just reveling in being able to say that finally) was also that heady mixture of excitement and anxiety. But something clicked for me during the dressed-and-outside moments. Part of me that had been hidden was out. Long skirt, low heels, wig, makeup - dressed and here-I-am. Dressing is a personal matter for me - I'm not trying to change myself, more just exploring a part of the wonderful human condition. I still smile thinking back. I don't yet understand what happened, and what it means. I don't plan on going out a lot, but I do plan on going out again.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

The problem with your first time is; now you're hooked, you'll want more and more, you'll strive to push boundaries to a point where you're almost outing yourself, I agree with the comments regards your timing, early evening is best, dusk when it's darkening slightly, there's bound to be places nearby with limited people about, take things slowly, perfect your look and your movement, I'm at a point where I need to stop pushing said boundaries, I'm scaring myself, I was out fully made up in 8 department stores two days ago from mid day to late evening, I even interacted with sales assistants and rubbed shoulders with other customers, ok maybe not shoulders given that I'm six five but you catch my drift, no one took any real notice of me to be honest apart from one lad in the last store I was in, I walked right passed him and a friend at the door and I over heard him saying to the friend "that's a man" big deal, one person out of dozens, no one really cares, really, they're too wrapped up in their own little worlds to worry about you, go for it, get yourself out there but stay safe.

My first times out were just like that. I was awake very late at night, so I put on a dress and heels, and simply strolled around my apartment a short time. There was nobody else around, and I would have beaten a hasty retreat if someone had been. It was thrilling, but I breathed a big sigh of relief when I was back inside.

My first time was at Halloween but it still felt great did that 3 times. And I do walk my dog In womans jeans and fully underdressed in colder weather that's getting hard to do now.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    When I first ventured out the door of our home it was a drive around the neighborhood. I was totally en femme in a sleeveless white dress, white low heels, undergarments and hosiery and a blond wig. I stayed off the main streets. After several drives I finally parked the car and took a walk. I was wearing the blond wig and a red dress and red heels. I had on full makeup. Again, it was off the main streets. I did get a honk from a passing pickup truck. It did cross my mind that I hoped nobody was going to stop. The first time I interacted with the masses was at Halloween. I wore a jade and black long sleeve print with black heels and hosiery. Again, it was full makeup and the blond wig.

I found all these forays exciting. Now? Not so much. Last month my wife was away for six nights and I went out numerous times for a walk. I was actually bored. Nothing was accomplished. I felt more relaxed being at home and actually doing things...getting something accomplished.
    somewhat the same here, tho heading to my girlfriends home for the night, red garter belt, nylons, bra an panties...over the top red sleeveless dress but did not try the high heels, since felt a little unsafe driving....when she came to the door....it was amazing...I was invited in as "one of the girls." we had a lovely evening...when undressing for bed she was even more impressed...!

Banned Read only
    I was surprised my very 1st time going out people like the way i looked.
    One guy try to run me over with his car when he discovered by my voice i am a guy.
    My 1st time running in high heels,4 inch Macy's suede pumps.i still own them,my very 1st heels.

Be careful going out so late as a women.
    There's some crazy guys out there, crazier than us CD'ers I was harassed by two male drivers and chased by a group of guys once.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    GOOD for you.

My first time will be a week from this coming Friday if all goes well...
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    Wow!

That's not where I thought this was going, Robin!
    Yep, I totally wanted to take it there but not to be, sigh 😂

Now where did I put that kinky diaper fetish link LOL!

My first time out? That's something I lie in bed at night trying to imagine. Oh happy days still to come. Life just seems to get better and better so there is no need to rush I think.