Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody thought about car stickers for cders

Anybody thought about car stickers for cders

I was behind a car that had the little stickers on the window of the man, woman, children and pets and thought, "what would my wife think if I got some with a man, woman (for Liz ) a second woman for her and assorted kids, grandkids and pets.

Just wondering if anybody else has these kind of thoughts?

Liz

P.S. saw a boat today named Cee Dee. Made me wonder
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

A couple of years ago I saw a car with a personalized license plate that read "LV MY CD"

As far as a sticker, there is the obvious one:

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/32970160...ctId=461774000

Liz, some years back all members that wanted to agreed to wear a pink rubber band around our wrist on a certain day. I wore mine, but never saw anyone else with one on.
    In answer to your question, many items have/were discussed that would notify other TG's that we were TG also, so your idea is not a first, but maybe one day we may have a universal sign.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had a pink college sports team logo sticker on the back window of my SUV for a long time.
    Have a Hello Kitty sticker on there now but I would be breaking the rules here if I showed it.
    I have seen the TG flag on a few cars.
    I guess come up with one that you like that makes the statement and have it made.

A major problem which is hindering our acceptance is that so few know we exist or what we are. Anything that would help the world become more aware of us would be great. I'm all for that. There was a posting about whether we would ever be accepted. This won't happen until people know that we exist and are not, for example "drag queens" and the like. We're in urgent need of PR.

i have always thought that the symbol for this site was the best "universal" sign. for those who "know" we could recognize each other. for those who were not in the the know and asked what it was, you reply its for equality of the sexes. yin and yang for equality and pink and blue for gender.

http://www.amazon.com/Tennessee-Silv...+license+plate

I actually saw one of these on a car, but it is for Tennessee fans.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

What if you took a man and a woman sticker, and crossed them like an X ? I assume you're talking about the stick figure family stickers?
    If I did a set up, I'd want to put 2 women with one a tad taller than the other, 3 cats, and 5 dogs...

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Honk if you love Caitlyn
    I used to have a short attention spa

"My other outfit's a dress"

The main potential problem I see with things like this is that if TG haters get wind of it, it could make us a target of ridicule or worse. They say it pays to advertise but not always.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    In many places CD stands for Corps Diplomatique. Might get you a better parking spot

Ineke

I have to agree with Kate S on this.even in the most liberal places hate crime sadly exist. Maybe a magnetic decal could help for the car? There is also the fact that most of us (due to the lack of tolerance partner family or society) prefer to stay under the radar. I have seen an example of persacution on a client's car when running a auto repair shop. (Due to decals displayed on rear bumper) and now I dont display any form of solidarity on personal transport even sporting teams. Maybe on a clunker but even then it does identify You to all.

On the parking angle for corps diplomatiqie, I have a nice magnetic sign that fits on the side door of a car, it has a crest on it and L.A.P.D.

I wonder whether that would work? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Everyone kinda went a little off kilter from what I was talking about. Glad to see that you 'got me'. I like the idea of one woman taller. For me it'd be man, taller woman, woman, dog and a dozen cats. Only four are ours, the rest are a ferrel colony that just eats at our place. And hangs out a lot too.

Liz

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    On the parking angle for corps diplomatiqie, I have a nice magnetic sign that fits on the side door of a car, it has a crest on it and L.A.P.D.

I wonder whether that would work? :-)
    I guess I better dig myself out of the hole I just dug. I was just talking about the stick people but it would be nice to get the word out. I've actually been checking out the gender pride stickers and other products deciding on what I want to get.

I just thought the stick family thing would be funny as hell.

Liz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have seen some unique "family" stickers and yes they can be really funny.
    I saw one with a woman first and three guys portrayed in jail cells and numerous kids dogs and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz57 View Post
    what would my wife think if I got some with a man, woman (for Liz ) a second woman for her and assorted kids, grandkids and pets.
    I don't know what she'd think, but I'd think you'd gone off your rocker. Every time I see a car with all those stickers indicating everyone in the family, all I can think of is that's how the clean up crew will identify the bodies they found in the wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyT View Post
    A major problem which is hindering our acceptance is that so few know we exist or what we are. Anything that would help the world become more aware of us would be great. I'm all for that. There was a posting about whether we would ever be accepted. This won't happen until people know that we exist and are not, for example "drag queens" and the like. We're in urgent need of PR.
    I think that there have been a few really obvious headline news stories, what with Marv Albert, Dennis Rodman, Oscar DeLaHoya, John Travolta, and I'm sure there were more. People know we exist the same way they know gay people exist. They know we exist so well, that they're actively passing laws against us as we speak. Why, North Carolina was just in the news a couple weeks ago. They know we exist, and they don't like us. Whether we're draq queens or just someone trying to live our own life, they don't like us. Right now the best we can hope for is that no one attack us in public. There's no welcome wagon that welcomes crossdressers into communities anywhere. When they speak of diversity, we're not on the desired inclusive list.

People know we exist, and they usually don't particularly like it.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-07-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I thought about puttin g one for me and my two cats, but as a man. My brother and sister would find out, and my life would be made miserable, if my sticker had me in a skirt or dress. How about one that says, "Not all CD's are compact discs!"
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 04-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Instead of an extra woman figure in the stick family (which may suggest polygamy to some, instead of CD), I'm thinking what makes sense to me would be one of those figures that has pants on one side and a dress on the other, like the icon seen on many "trans friendly" bathroom doors!
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    A couple of years ago I saw a car with a personalized license plate that read "LV MY CD"

As far as a sticker, there is the obvious one:

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/32970160...ctId=461774000
    Any such identification would likely soon be recognized by 'all' and could bring some form of harm. A similar idea for a pin of sorts was shot down years ago for the same reason. Not a good idea. But the suggestion reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw years ago on a Rolls Royce in Newport Beach that read, " 1 less CD." I thought it meant Certificate of Deposit, but maybe it was for a guy who just purged. :-)

"Honk if you're wearing falsies"

It's funny(not in the ha ha way) that with all the attention on Caitlyn and the acceptance of the gay movement that there is still a huge fear factor for cross dressing. Even Target took away signs in the toy department indicating boys or girls toys yet we continue to fear others. Hmmmm. How did we somehow miss the boat?

BUT i digress. How about a color that transition from 1 color to another. Black to gray then white or blue to red then pink. The combo could be endless
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Any such identification would likely soon be recognized by 'all' and could bring some form of harm....
    You are correct. On the other hand the worst problem that the TG community faces is the fact that most of us want to be invisible. Our goal is to blend into society which makes it pretty tough to be "loud and proud" at the same time.

What benefits are there to greater public awareness? Through awareness is of the real TG community it quickly becomes obvious that we aren't the perverts and predators painted by our enemies. If someone sees a trans flag on the back of my car, and knows what it means they will probably glance at the driver as they pass. They'll see a typical middle-aged woman, whether it is me or Mimi. Pretty hard to put horns and a tail on people who look as ordinary as us.

The trans flag is not yet a well-known symbol. It is known within the LGBT community. Those who know what it means are likely to be friendly to us and will tell their friends, likely with a positive spin. This is the sort of controlled consciousness-raising that we need.

Think of the number of Human Rights Campaign symbols you see on cars. Do you think of every person you see with one as LGBT? Not likely, but it does show a certain level of soliderity.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Twice now I have tried to respond and lost it, dag nab it.

I didn't mean to offend anybody with my second post. I just didn't think it would take this twist. It would be nice to be able to cross dress without public scrutiny. I do like the idea of the pink and blue yin/yang that is the symbol of this forum.

Since I came out to my wife a couple of weeks ago I have tried not to say anymore about it and give her more time to think. So many things come up that are so ironic it's hard to hold my tongue. A show on tv, guys wearing a dress for good luck for his basketball team. When I saw the stick family my mind went boing, wouldn't that be funny to show a man, his female self and then his wife and family. But I bit my tongue and brought it up here.

Anyway, turned out to be a better thread than I had thought.

Liz

Silver Member
    Looks like there are already some out there.

But there are dangers to stickers and decals on your vehicle. It could not only attract malicious vandalism, it could also attract unwanted attention. Curious cops or parking enforcement personnel might find vehicles with transgender stickers more interesting to check. Stickers and decals remain on your vehicles in your neighborhood, in parking lots at work and church, and when you visit relatives. If you want to pass, or blend, or not attract attention, you probably do not want your car or truck to tip people off that a crossdresser is driving.
    Attached Images Attached Images