Thread: Joining here for me and Happiness

Joining here for me and Happiness

So I know Ive said quite a few times in replies, How being able to talk here has helped me. I hope to meet some people in person at some point. I appreciate so much the friendship and the bonds forming here. I know for some just reading may be enough, but being here a short time and being able to air myself out has been very enlightening to say the least. Has anyone had this experience?
    So if your just reading on this forum and feel the need for people to talk to, Id implore you to take the leap and just join.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Mykaa,
    It's nice of you to encourage others to join us, I am sure there are a lot out therewho are apprehensive about joining the non lurking ranks.

Come on every body, join us and tell us about YOUR experiences. :-)

It has broadened my outlook.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I lurked here for many years before I joined the forum, which was the absolute best thing I could have done to enhance my CD /TG feelings and needs. I've been able to contribute most of what I've learned about dressing and expressing my female side. You can't be a contributor and share your experiences unless you join. So please don't lurk any longer. Join the forum and make friends!

I agree that everybody should contribute. However, there are likely lurkers who are shy and may not have something to say. When an issue comes up they may be able to contribute. I told several of the girls last week and they may be looking but I haven't seen any sign on. Hope they do.
    Part Time Girl

Wow Jenny... lurked for many years? You have me beat. I peeked in as a guest for many weeks, maybe a couple of months but the apprehension was still VERY strong about even the mere act of signing up to the forum.

I'm quite glad I did though. I have "met" some really nice people here, had some good laughs, learned about myself and read some topics that have really made me think about the many aspects of crossdressing.

If I never had the opportunity to dress again, just having been a member of this forum makes feel apart of this quirky little sorority and part of a community that accepts me and "gets" me.

Love you gals. Muah!
    S.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I'm grateful to everyone here and to be able to share my love for crossdressing. No judgements just support. It's wonderful. This forum has helped me to get the nerve to shop in drab without feeling guilty or ashamed and to accept who I am. I'm transgender and have no desire to transition. I just love women's fashion and look and feel of their clothes/shoes. I'm working towards attending a support group in the DC area but it's baby steps.
    Tina

Joining this site , I didn't really know what to expect . For 35 years or so , I've had an up and down ride ..... 3 times in that span , I have gathered everything gurly up , and burnt them to ashes ..... Alot of money , and alot of pretty heels ..... not to mention the clothes .....

I was borderline passable thru my late 20's . I had been called "Mam" and "Miss" more than once.

The toughest thing for me was wondering if I was "damaged" in some way . I never spoke to or confided in too anybody that knew me . When you think your thoughts , dreams , desires are possibly "not normal" , the inner struggle takes it's toil .

At first , after joining , I was surprised post after post , about the number of you girls , who were just like me .....

Thank you all for letting me to finally understand ..... I don't feel Alone anymore ....

Banned Read only
    Mykaa,
    I totally agree with you, at times it can be a lifeline other times lead you into that dreamy pink fog !
    One aspect to be aware of is we all contribute our own stories, some realate to other people and some are unique to the individual, the trap I fell into was thinking another member's life could be related to mine . What someone said or did with their partner was a none starter with mine.

Members talk about shopping trips and trips out , I dearly wanted to share all that with my wife, I had a rude awakening ! That hasn't turned out to be a bad thing, I enjoy shopping alone far more, and the social meetings I attend now are more enjoyable knowing I'm not going to put my foot in it, or she would become too outspoken with other members. I dread to think now her response to me being on the forum and the pictures I've posted. She can't deal with that but it's an important way for me deal with my situation.

yes, i only lurked a few hours before joining, and it has so helped!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Lost............,
    It's a very loose term, " Normal " very few people actually come into that description, perhaps normal also means boring ! My wife can hardly accuse me of being boring, what Teresa may do next doesn't bear thinking about !

Modern medical thinking is changing the whole picture, the variations being seen in individuals is being attributed to development in the womb, we aren't perfect machines our brains just get wired differently, in our case it's not a mental illness and hopefully we're not going to harm anyone through it .I find it ironic that women produce us and then in some instances reject us, I guess that come down to natural selection and the strongest male, not one that wants to wear a fur because it feels good !!!

Speaking as someone new here I agree. I lurked I'm the background for a week or two before signing up, then it took 3 or 4 days before I posted anything. But talking to people here has lifted a weight from my shoulders in just a few days. Anyone lurking knows how scary that first post can be but it's worth it.

I was a long time lurker. I joined recently. What joy to have a place to talk about dressing!

Hi Mykaa,

Thank you for encouraging more to join and to post. Your posts are always thoughtful.

I joined some months ago and read most new threads here every day, but don't contribute very often as my post count shows. I'm more than a little introverted by nature, but will weigh in when and where something resonates strongly with me. Just know that there are some out here, and perhaps many, that value all of the contributions members make here even if we don't chime in terribly often. Enlightening is the right word!

Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    If I never had the opportunity to dress again, just having been a member of this forum makes feel apart of this quirky little sorority and part of a community that accepts me and "gets" me.
    Yes, exactly. This is where I am: haven't dressed up for years, and I have no desire to be an "old lady." So my dressing days are over, except for the memories and the vicarious participation in what the sisters here are up to. I am totally grateful for this site.

Please, by the way, don't take my "old lady" comment the wrong way. I have nothing but respect for all the various gender manifestations that are found here, and for the different kinds of pleasures and satisfactions that are expressed. For those who enjoy dressing up into their 60s and 70s and beyond, I say more power to you. You go, girls!

Aspiring Member
    Mykaa,

Like several others, I lurked on this site for many years. Needlessly wondered what I was getting myself into by joining the forum. I am more of a reader here though, but I have been able to peel back my reservations and just do it, which for me includes ladies jeans, tops light make-up, purse, and jewelry on weekends. But I am open to transitioning by adding to my feminine presentation.

Before joining here, I was semi-loss but now I am own my way to finding who I really am; and I am looking forward to my tomorrows. Also, I believe because I am finding my true self, I am more confident and happier.

To the members here, thank you for enabling me to discover the real me.
    Michele

DMichele its funny the directions that we can have put in front of us at times, I know how Ive felt over the years, wishing I was "more like other people" but you know what? Im me, I really like being me. Im unique. Im exploring myself for the 1st time ever. Ive made new friends,Ive met quite a few here in my short time, we are amazing and unique everyone. Ive become more outgoing than ever, Im living! I saw this post pop back up and I look at the replies, I know Im doing a good thing, I know Ive felt more than once Im here to help people, not just here but everywhere. Im proud to be who I am, no shame, As KristiSteph has said, Mykaa dont you ever think anything is wrong with you. Im glad to see my words help motivate and help someone else, what a feeling.... Im kinda at a loss at the moment and also feeling happy. Its a blessing we have at the very least here to share.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"