Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good places to live in the US if you like to Cross Dress

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    There are certainly places which are more accepting of alternate lifestyles, and easier to blend and feel comfortable. But you also have to be able to afford to live there and find employment. . . . . . Greenwich Village, and other parts of Manhattan offer diverse employment opportunities, but the cost of living is significant. Be careful and make sure you can economically afford to move someplace which seems accepting unless you can find a good job and afford to live there.
    I lived in Manhattan, LES, for a couple of years in the early 2010's, and the cost of living can be stunning, even to people from other big cities. My 600 square foot apartment, a second floor walkup just off Delancey, was $2500 a month, including heat but not water or electric, five years ago!

Edit: And, if you are a typical American in love with your automobile, the monthly cost of a parking garage can run $500/600, and that will probably a taxi ride, or long walk, from your apartment. A single parking ticket costs about $50, so forget about street parking.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 04-11-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: additioal info

I know in Maryland and WASH DC that TG/TS/CD are very accepting, and have good non-discrimination laws. Most people don't even question it.

I know many that live in Northern Virginia. But being a purple state, laws can be changed. They tried to get a anti-trans bathroom law, but was defeated.

Boystown in Chi is LGBT friendly.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

New Hope is very friendly..my wife and i go to the Raven for dinner and cocktails...love the piano bar

hugs

niki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Thank you all so much for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Seems everyone responding is positive about their own location, but I have a feeling that is because they are comfortable in who they are as a person. Confidence as the person you are can be seen by others. Of course, as a few have mentioned, it is always smart to think as any woman would and be careful when and where you venture in any city.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-12-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: No politics in this section

I would have said Asheville North Carolina until a couple of weeks ago, but not today.

The motto is that "If you're too weird for Asheville, you're too weird."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Las vegas has its own levels of weird....crossdressers are not really noticed or noticed and no one cares.
    I go out feminely dressed regularly and no problems.

Also, West Hollywood and New Orleans French Quarter & Marigny are CD friendly places.

Eureka Springs, AR is an awesome place to visit in girl mode. I felt comfortable going out there, and I don't usually feel like that anywhere.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwinnie View Post
    Bloomington Indiana is pretty good.
    I like Bloomington Ind its a rocking little college town.