Thread: transforming at an early age

transforming at an early age

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to share an observation of mine. In my area I have noticed two young males of about 17-18 yrs of age who are living out as young females. They have their hair done really girly and dress confidently in female clothes. They both tend to go for leggings or trousers but openly wear blouses, jackets, jewellery etc as well as make up. They carry hand bags and very naturally behave as girls and have other girls as friends. They go into our local shops etc and get little attention. People seem to accept it which I completely agree with. Society has definitely changed for the better it seems and I think its a good thing to change when your younger so people grow with you accepting the situation. Good luck to them both I say! 😊 😊👍

Banned Read only
    Emma,
    Media has changed the perspective, also schools are openly working on acceptance issues.
    Looking back when I was that age, I had long hair and wore huge flairs, the sixties accepted all that and now that generation has grown up more accepting The other point is people may see them and shake their heads , treat it as passing phase and say they'll grow out of it.

I hope they enjoy their life styles and don't come to any harm through it .

People are coming to terms with being trans are younger ages, too. Part of me knew in middle school that I had the wrong gendered body.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Well said Emma! Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now. If the internet had been there when I was that age, my life would have been so different I guess
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Thanks for the post i hope things continue to go will for your young neighbors

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.. PattiMichaels's Avatar
    To be 17 or 18 again...things would've turned out VERY different had I been born in this day and age...

Times are changing, they just aren't changing fast enough.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The only difference between the younger age and us is the general social acceptance of our gender , before it was a taboo in the society only very few would have the privilege to admit it ...most of us were making it in secret of our exiles , I think cross dressers existed in the heart of the societies long time ago ,yet it was not accepted by all means ,,,,but now it is becoming the real trend especially in the coming ages ....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I wish at times that I had been born a girl. I feel that there are two parts to my brain. The problem is that I was raised a male so thats what my brain learned.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanetteX View Post
    Well said Emma! Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now. If the internet had been there when I was that age, my life would have been so different I guess
    Absolutely, thanks to the Internet and broadened media it's not nearly as 'strange' as it was when I was a kid.

actually that is highly depened in what country you live. in germany you start with hormones rather early, to give the younger ones a chance to experience puberty and teenager years as the desired gender, before making the big decicion. as example my classmate was done with transitioning at the age of 24. and though that is rather more ts related, i am active in a german forum too about transgender and the age difference here to there is huuuuuuuugggggeeeeeeeeeeee. not to be mean or anything, but here everyone is old, in the other forum most are my age or younger. in the end i think it has a lot to do with how accepting a country is, i mean look at some of the asian countries. just my 2 cent.

Funny -- I found some old photographs of me in the late 60's when I was probably 17-ish. I was surprised on two counts -- first I remember feeling fat all through high school and the photos show that I wasn't at all. The other thing is I see me in tight, white Levis, fitted "surfer shirts" and flowing, shiny polyester shirts, love beads, headbands, etc. and think, "You know, I was denying it, but it's clear I was dressing as femme as a boy could in those days." I guess I'm not too surprised I grew up to be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashmau View Post
    not to be mean or anything, but here everyone is old,

why you young whippersnapper ...

Just remember
    As you are now so once was I
    As I am now so shall you be,
    Or closer to an old German saying (and I am definitely an old German) "We get too soon old and too late smart"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    quote:Or closer to an old German saying (and I am definitely an old German) "We get too soon old and too late smart"[/QUOTE]

Its Pennsylvania Dutch, like "throw the horse over the fence some hay."

Some thoughts on this thread. And not to demean any on here or their thoughts. I want ALL to give me their thoughts and rebuttal.

As a not so young person here now. Who transitioned at a fairly young age of 26 in the 70s. I know there were others at that time.

Don't really care for the "transforming", or the OP reference as 2 "males" living as "females". I don't know for sure if they are MtF TG/TS or TG/CD, but to refer to them as "males" shows much education is still needed. I would accept them as young Trans WOMEN. I see quite a few Trans youth now both MtF and FtM. You can see happiness in them, but also a lot of questions on what will their lives be like.

Yes many in the 60s/70s had long hair and dressed more flamboyant for the time. I was not one of those, my mother saw to it that didn't happen. As a baby boomer myself, that generation is about as accepting as any other now.

For all those TG/CD that give me the "if I knew then what I know now - If the internet had been there when I was that age, my life would have been so different now". Doubt most would have identified as TG/TS, so I doubt much would have been different. I get this from so many now. If you really identify as a TG/TS you would have looked harder, and age is not a blocker if you want it now. I have heard of some in their 70s-80s that have transitioned.
    I point to the fact that some of us desperate TG/TS researched and found others to help, so it WAS possible.

As for hormones at an early age. Some are given puberty blockers now, to allow the teens to really work out what their future may be. Even that is a very controversial thing in US. What most all of the TG/TS go thru as they transition and after, is try and get that youthful learning curve back.

As for the to be 17/18 now, yes life could have been different. I don't know what I would have changed or what my future would have been. Can't say I know any TG/TS that hasn't wished they had transitioned when younger. Or the magical idea of being born female. Hasn't worked then, still doesn't work now. I may have been born physical male and raised as a male, but my brain refused to accept that.

I was born in 1960, and by time I hit 7th grade in the early 70's I knew I wanted to at least wear girls clothes, if not to really be a girl. I, like a lot of others, tried on my mothers things every chance I could and unknowingly left stains in her things. I even had my own stash of panties that I had bought and stole from a couple local stores. Then, one day I decided to try and shoplift my first very own training bra. Well, I was caught in the parking lot that day. The police and my mother were called. To shorten things, my mother donated all my boys clothes to goodwill and took me shopping for a new wardrobe of nothing but girls clothes. From that day forward I never again wore male clothes and still don't. I have been married for almost 35 years, and my wife knew from the first few months we started dating. I wont lie, it wasn't always easy, especially in Jr. High and High School, but it helped make me who I am today.