Thread: Hmm an area into which I have never properly ventured before I need advice !

Hmm an area into which I have never properly ventured before I need advice !

Firstly I have posted some pics because it will help demonstrate the issue that I need to tackle...as will become apparent...

so I have started to tackle my weight issue, which is not a major problem but certainly would benefit from a 6-7 kilo loss....

The other day I got dressed to go out for a casual evening in the city and towards the end of the night I got to talk to a close friend who gently introduced the fact that I could benefit from some shape wear, not so much to reduce the impact of weight but more in respect to giving me a more feminine shape, ie bum pads and hip pads, because bluntly I am the stereotypical broad shoulders no bum not hips...

I have no doubts about this and it is just an area I have never really concerned myself about, but a valid shout from someone who cares and knows I take pride in doing the best I can with what I have ....

I have tried a friends hip and bum set up...home made I think...and it just was not me ...at all....!!! I looked like I had some strange growths protruding from my body this was years and years ago and I guess I ruled it out back then as a workable option for everyday wear...

As I do not live in a city that sells this product so I can not go and try some on, as best I am aware anyway, I figure I will have to go the internet route, but not knowing what to go for I fear I am opening myself up to just wasting cash on rubbish that either wont fit or does not make a realistic look / difference.. ...

So my questions are as follows....

Do these products or can these products really work?
    Are they really wearable in a club, restaurant, bar etc etc ?
    I don't mind splashing the cash if it is for a good cause...what do I need to go for and what do I avoid like the plague....?

Appreciate your thoughts ...whatever they are xx

00http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif7,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Very nice pics Jessica, IMHO you don't need too much help! I'd suggest looking at DressTech silicone hip pads, they're subtle but advertise they add 4" to the hips (just enough). They aren't cheap but great quality and I'd think they would bring that look to the next level

Jane

There are a lot of us who might benefit from shape wear but I have found it was not the best solution.

Being yourself and being happy is more important.

Oh and having seen your previous pics I think you look great.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Jessica,
    There are other ways round this, you don't say what your measurements are but it may help to reduce your bust size so your top half balances more with the bottom half, also, wearing tight jeans or leggings does emphasize the imbalance .

As Shelly says and I agree try and go natural, maybe wear clothes that give a balanced look , some jackets are also good at achieving the shift in size.

I still think your look is fine, maybe the scarf over the bust makes it look bigger.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The Dress Tech hip pads would be a great choice I love mine.
    You don't need a whole lot judging by your pics but I think they would give just the right amount like your friend suggested.
    Maybe add a waist cincher along with the hip pads to complete the look.
    Hip/ butt pads are a great way to get a more balanced shape.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-10-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Judging from the pics, you don't seem to have that much of a weight problem. Losing 7-7 kilos is not all that hard. You can get an idea of how to diet by doing a google search. Basically it's a question of calories. Cutting back on a 200-300 calories a day will gradually slim you down. Cutting sown on food that turns to fat such as bread, fried food, and meat. Eating more vegetables and fruit instead also helps. This dort of thing goes along way. It's hard to diet but in the long run it's teh best, and healthiest way to go.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Losing weight isn't going to fix the balance problem no matter what, you don't have the mass or fat in the right places to have a female figure.
    Hip and butt pads give you what you lack.

Do a search on the forum for hip pads, dress tech and perhaps homemade pads. You will see a lot of examples of what folks are doing to get a feminine shape. I highly recommend padding below the waist. Making your own or buying them are the options.
    Please call me Lisa!

Aspiring Member
    I use hip and bum pads and they really work for me. Having said that, my natural bum is quite shapely and doesn't really need the pads, so more often than not, I use only the hip pads. I have two kinds. One made from foam, the other made from silicone. The silicone ones mould best to my own hips so tend to give a better profile under tighter clothes. Under a fairly full dress or skirt, both work equally well.
    I have a close-fitting, tailored dress that really only works on a feminine figure, and to achieve that, I actually wear both sets of pads.
    Neither of mine were very expensive, so why not get some and try them.
    Study pictures of GGs to see how best to position them for authenticity.

Banned Read only
    And that's the major point. Women's clothes will likely be loose on men in the hips and butt when the waist is properly sized. It just doesn't look very good.

DeeAnn

I love the lower anatomy look of the female form, hip pads (dresstech) and a corset I love.
    I tuck well and have the curves.
    I love the female look hip and waist curves and dare I say it a "Thigh Gap"

A veronica 1 from classic curves 15 years ago changed my crossdressing experience for the better. It was a game changer!
    Lauren

Banned Read only

Lightbulb many men are upside down triangle are rectangle shaped

you appear to be a rectangle.

you need to look your best and for women clothing to look and fit better ,hip and butt pads along with a steel boned corset are in need.

corsets give you up to a 6 inch waist reduction. hip and butt pads add 2 inches to each hip and buttuck.
    go from blaw to WOW!
    get Fabulous.
    you will love the way you look afterwards

i guarantee it.
    Last edited by summerbunny; 04-11-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Reality Check
    Some of these products "work" and some do not. Most padded panties don't work well on male crossdressers. They look like lumps on your butt and hips. I bought a Veronica 5 a couple years ago and it really works. They are made to your measurements and the padding extends down the thighs to give a pretty natural look. I suggest the extra curvy option but you be the judge. Dress Tech pads have gotten good reviews here so if you want to have the body of a female, it's one or the other. Not cheap but well worth the cost.

It's possible to make something similar to the Dress Tech pads out of foam. There are instructions on youtube. I doubt you'll get the same effect though.

I generally gowithout padding but a tight pencil skirt on me looks better with a little subtle padding.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.