We were getting ready for an afternoon fund raiser at a local university today. The event was partly indoors and partly outdoors, and the dress code was business casual, or as one friend put it, "golf shirts and khakis."

I've been dressing andro a lot lately for outings with my wife. But I am not out to anyone at this event, so after careful consideration, I decided to raid the older part of my closet and wear a pair of men's khakis. I put them on with a men's golf shirt.

My wife took one look and said, "Those look terrible on you. Could you wear a pair of your women's skinny trousers instead?"

I rushed to the "other" part of my closet, found a pair, and put them on. She said, "Those look so much better. Those old ones are so full they look like a long skirt on you. Maybe you would like to get rid of those old ones."

I very happily went to the event wearing Aeropostale women's skinny twill pants, and even got a compliment on my appearance from a friend.

My wife and I went shopping afterward. I didn't find any more pants, but got three new blouses, an Adrienne Vitadini belt, and a nice Nine West wallet.

All in all, a very good day.