Thread: Race for the cure

Silver Member

Race for the cure

So a recent thread mentioning CDing being viewed as an illness by the muggles and an offhand remark about a cure put a funny thought in my head.

Since other diseases have fund raisers, like walks etc., why not us? We could have a drag race? Hmm what color should the T shirt be, I wonder. Anyway it just made me laugh. Feel free to add suggestions. Themes, events, slogans.

We could have a high heel walk. A push up bra day. A panty parade, I'll stop now... the ideas are endless.

There's an annual high heel race and a drag parade in DC the Tuesday before Halloween.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Even the remotest suggestion that there might be a cure for this, and the religious right will jump on it. Next you know, you'll be in the back of a windowless van, have a bag over your head, on the way to a deprogramming concentration camp.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Ok fine, for sure for sure, she's a Valley Girl, and there is no cure. Frank Zappa. Not sure why I'm posting this, just popped in my head. Hugs, Michelle

I Got it its gonna be called 1st annual Heelathon Race.

If you stopped us from cross-dressing most Of us would go into depression.
    I wouldn't be a cure.

There is nothing wrong with cross-dressing at all, the only thing bad about cross-dressing is the way narrow minded people think about it!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

My friend Krististeph said to me recently, Mykaa theres nothing wrong with you, you were made this way. I agree. Judy I will agree, I would be depressed without dressing. I allready know that.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Aspiring Member
    Let's organize a wig walk. Everybody would walk the makeup mile.

Need a well known charity for a "Dress & Opposite event"

1. everyone wears dresses
    2. guys wear full makeup
    3. gals wear fake beards &/or mustashes
    4. add an parade/walk and music

muggles would beg to be includes

Just need a) a charity , b) a location and c) a funding/planning partner to make it happen

think about it, not JUST IMAGINE

A fundraiser to find a cure for intolerance maybe.

Hmmm, we want to maintain a certain anonymity. Woot has the event shirt for us:

think of the children.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That works for me Jenny.
    Call it dress in drab day for trans equality.
    Everybody dress in drab that will **** them up.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-13-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Wouldn't that be AGREEING that CDing is a disease in need of a cure?

Silver Member
    Nichole, yes that would be a preposition, however made for the sake of discussion. Some here feel that way sometimes. And the muggles world tends to have this oppinion.

Funny thing is, if this IS a disease, it is treated very different than others. Just imagine shunning ladies with breast cancer or limiting the bathroom choices for people with heart disease. Where is Susan B. Koman when you need her?

I can't wait until we get to repackaged lean cuisines with the purple pink flag motif.

The CURE is acceptance -- of society as a whole and of ourselves as ourselves. That's what we'd be promoting: curing society of transphobia. Sounds noble. The pink ribbon is already taken. Teal is taken. Rainbow is taken. Maybe lace? Ooh: maybe leopard?

Silver Member
    Ohhh leopard! I've got a top and so does my wife (hers is nicer, but she isn't sharing. Not fair, I saw it first at dress barn.).

Who's got teal?
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 04-13-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Wikipedia lists 18 causes that use a teal ribbon. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons ) Nobody else has leopard.