Thread: A nice hospital visit, dressed but not the nines

A nice hospital visit, dressed but not the nines

Last week a friend of mine was in hospital for a knee op her partner could not visit her as she was suffering a winter virus and took it upon myself to se what help I could offer. I thought about going in drab but thought again I am what I am and went conservatively dressed but with my favourite cowl neck woollen a pink scarf and painted nails apart from the usual underdressed things, when I reached my friend she also had some friends with her, whom I had never met before but despite this, throughout it was a really nice friendly atmosphere. These friends of hers totally accepted me as though I / it was the most natural thing to do and to be.
    Also the nurses were really nice towards me when I could not find the ward I was looking forward.
    I have since been in twice more and on both occasions it was really nice to be the "other me" out in public.

Another thought to all of this is that I also felt comfortable what with being in to me a totally new environment and feeling at ease especially with strangers who accepted me.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-13-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: comment refereing to deleted post removed

A lot of it is how you conduct yourself too.

Glad it is going well for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverly, you are so right, I always think that with all sorts of occasions it as you say how one conducts themselves but I also think that how one dresses is so very crucial to the outcome as my visit showed.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobbi , It's always great to visit friends when they are down ,
    And to be totally accepted as a lady is wonderful.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Bobbi I know the feeling, the desire to put on the clothes you want to put on, will you be outed and become uncomfortable and embarrassed; then your inner self says take the chance and go for it, it's not against the law. Isn't it so emotionally rewarding when it turns out good. Just makes you want to do it again like real, real soon. Dress and go public like the inner gurl you are. Just want respect from others or be left alone just like you treat others.

I have found that just about all people can handle it ( it's no big deal) and a lot of women see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's just another person having the right to wear the clothing of their choice. And doesn't it give you a real emotional high, the WAY IT FEELS when wearing girl clothes and presenting as such.

I agree its not only an emotional high on its own I suppose in a way its an ability to be able to do something and to be accepted whilst doing it and yes a lot of women see nothing wrong in it at all as I have found on a couple of occasions. But to go to what ordinarily is a place not used to most of the time and to be accepted is a thing to be both enjoyed and treasured. After the time I outlined, I went in again the following similarly dressed and another friend of hers was there, again I had not met that person before and it was just like the most normal thing to do.
    One would have thought that a hospital would be the last place to go to dressed but I suppose the difference here is that I was visiting a patient/friend and not going in for a first visit for a consultation. I suppose this is what makes this so special.