Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why pick a CD name?

Why pick a CD name?

Reading post on other threads I am confused as to how and why it would be a necessity to have a CD name. I understand that it may allow one to relate to their CD tendencies as another side of them. What I don’t understand is the idea that if we are to accept CD as a part of who we are, then why hide it with an alter ego name. Is it for anonymity? Or general connection to live as the opposite sex fully with name and everything. I don’t have an alter ego name for my CD side, rather I identify with those that I wish I was able to dress as. For example my favorite women are Miranda Kerr, Taylor Hill, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adrian Lima, Candice Swanepoel, and Kaitlin Kloss so my CD revolves around making a connection to them. It may sound in a way weird but it’s how I enjoy my CD. I don’t consider my CD side to be something other than just a part of me and for now see no reason to distinguish it with another name.

Why do you have a CD name? How did you choose the name that you did? Do you feel it makes you more accepting of your CD side?

Banned Read only
    Simple convenience. When I am out, people need to address me in some fashion and a female name matches the presentation.

We don't have to really but it sort of goes along with the rest of the "package", no? Why would you get all dolled up and call yourself Harold?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Why would you get all dolled up and call yourself Harold?
    Kate: For me I think its because I don't go all out I don't get all dolled up I wear mainly undergarments and thus don't feel full fem. So like I said for me its not something that is needed to make me feel like the opposite, its possible that may change but for now that is how I am and I am ok with it. It could also be that my name id Jesse which is a unisex name.

I go shopping for clothes with my wife, and when I pick something feminine for myself (which happens all the time) it makes it easy to talk about it without revealing anything when others are listening. Such as, (her) "Is that for Carly?" (Me) "Yes." (Her) "I think that will look good on her."
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just a name to use when going out and mixing with the masses.
    Kind of be crazy to use your guy name IMO.
    If you don't go out then you don't need one I suppose.

Platinum Member
    Hi CD Love , welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

RE: CD Name, I needed a name when I joined this form and I didn't want a name
    connected to anyone in my life past or present so I thought long and hard,

My favorite color is Blue and my favorite flower is an Orchid and that's how that Blue Orchid was born ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't use my real name because I'm in the closet.
    I've been CDing for 40 years and as far as I can remember I never even thought of a CD name.
    When I joined here I picked a random name and for at least a month it felt strange using it.
    Now I've grown accustom to it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

1) when i joined it seemed to be the protocol, everyone had either a alternate name "cdlove" for instance or a female name.

2) like jennifer said....convienence, i came here with the purpose of meeting like minded, so if i ran into someone and they saw me somewhere and called my name i would look and respond to it.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Primarily I use a different name because I want to be addressed by what sounds like a girl's name, when I am out in public as a girl. It also makes a distinction between what I do for my girl side and what I do for my guy side. So as someone else posted, I can, while dressed as a male, openly say to my daughter in a store that I think Ceera would love those shoes, and she can agree, and it sounds like we are talking about a girl we both know. (My daughter knows and supports my dual nature).

Now as it happens, I am lucky in that my first name that my parents gave me is a marginally unisex name. It was used for both boys and girls when I was a kid - though more commonly for boys. But like a lot of unisex given names, it isn't overtly feminine. It doesn't sound 'wrong' to others when I allow someone to address me by that name when I am a girl, or to acknowledge that it's my name when I present a credit card. But it doesn't sound as 'right' as a more feminine given name would sound.

For me having a fem name started with the first chat room I got involved in which was nearly 20 years ago. Everyone else had a moniker and no one used their real name. To this day using my real name would be equal to coming out to everyone wouldn't it?

Other than that I agree with everyone else regarding presentation.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    To a lot of us that have a female side that we live with daily and to have a female name is important.
    For me being out and darn near out 24/7 using my male name in girl mode makes no sense.
    I have friends that only know me by my female name and when we are out somewhere I don't want them calling me (insert male name here).

When I'm dressed I feel giry so I wanted a girl name I had a thing for Angie Dickinson so that is where the namm came from.
    Angie

It just made sense to name my alter ego appropriate for her gender. Plus, being deep in the closet, I'm not even hinting at my boy name. Also I can be consistent at different web sites.

A CD name is a necessity. It would be out of character to be dressed up in a very feminine fashion and not to have a matching name. It would almost be insulting to the clothes. When dressed, I don't look at all masculine and to be referred to by a masculine name would be odd indeed.

Why pick a CD name?
    Reading post on other threads I am confused as to how and why it would be a necessity to have a CD name.
    Cause MelanieAnne sounds better than Frank, or Harry!

Banned Read only
    Interesting...

When I joined, I did not have a fem name and it wasn't something that was a priority. I registered with the same user name I have in ~25 other places on the Internet, with the only difference being the Underbar. My default is to use it, but some places don't allow that as a special character. So, I've never really tried to hide the fact that I am a member here, another Crossdressing site, an LGBT site, motorsports sites and cycling sites. The only place where I've used a different user name is on FetLife.

I made my first make-over visit to Phoebe Cross about 2 1/2 years ago. The intent was in preparation for my first real time in the outside world. I had been out once before several years prior, but without makeup. Shortly after I met Phoebe, she asked if I had a fem name. I told her no and that it didn't seem to be a priority. She said while many do choose a name, some do not. It is one way of setting a boundary between personas and some people value that and others don't.

Anyway, I did start to give it some thought and a few months later decided upon DeeAnn. As others have said, it would seem strange to be called by your male name while dressed. The converse would also be true. It would likely be a very similar shock to be called DeeAnn while dressed as Don. However, I really don't like to refer to myself in the 3rd person. In that sense, I will use a specific name if it has bearing for one or the other. However, if I were to make a comment about a liking for silk for example, I would say that I like it as opposed to specifically assigning it to DeeAnn.

The selection of the name was fairly simple. There are too many Don's in my family and extended family, so I vowed to myself that I would not choose Donna under ANY circumstances. But, I did want to retain the D. Being a Motorsport fan for close to 60 years, I remembered the name of Mario Andretti's wife. The only change is that she spells it Dee Ann with a space. I wanted people to recognize it as one word and not be inclined to shorten it.

Funny thing. I've never worked on my voice. For some reason, I haven't seemed motivated to do so. But, judging by this experience, that might change...

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 04-15-2016 at 11:54 AM.

It was every exciting to pick out my female name.

From the first time I saw that woman looking back at me in the mirror, I fell madly in love with her. Of course she needs a proper and beautiful name!

Why did I pick a ( cd ) name? Easy. I have no real connection to my boy name. It's nice and all. But it's just a name. BUT my name. The one I call myself. That is personal. I DO feel connected to it.

When I joined here. I had a differ t name. One I just picked out. I never did feel a real connection to it. I tried. Didn't happen. So after soul searching and being honest with myself. I came to this name.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I think even a closet CD needs a fem name. It is a help on the net, but it gives life to the other part of me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlove View Post
    Reading post on other threads I am confused as to how and why it would be a necessity to have a CD name.
    Not a necessity. Don't have one if you don't want one.

My toyota is known as Thomas
    Daughters VW is known as Bruce (I've no idea on that one, I would have chosen Victor)
    I have names for my cats and dogs
    I even have names for rooms - Bed room, Living room, toilet
    And then there is Thumper - I won't go in to details on that, but wife likes Thumper

Having dual personalities, it just work better to let people know which one was operating the skin bag.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Mine? Because it feels comfortable.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I have a CD name because its who I really believe I am

Banned Read only
    I picked a name that I felt would give me deniability were my wife ever to see it written. I thought of it as kind of a pen name. A funny thing happened though - the stuff I wrote as Paula felt more real and natural to me than stuff written under my given name. After a time, I realized that's because it's who I really am. I'm legally Paula now.