Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why pick a CD name?

It seemed the protocol, also to allow one to be anonymous here, creating cover from real-life exposure for anyone in the closet.
    Psychologically speaking it is also an anchor for getting into role for males become their alter-ego, much the same way a ventriloquist works with a glove puppet to bring out another character.

The name stuck for me, and soon it also will be my legal name; fun times :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    It seems like we've had this conversation before but it could have been before the OP joined.

It seems only logical to me that if one goes to all the trouble to shave and apply beard cover and makeup, put on a bra and forms, a wig, hip and butt padding, pantyhose, heels, jewelry and a dress or blouse and skirt, and carry a purse, one wouldn't want to refer to himself or have others address him as "Bruce" or "Homer", etc. When I dress, I become Krisi. It's just part of the act.

Anonimity. It's a partial anagram of my name. I have no attachment or identification with it.

when i transform, from the wig to my painted toes there's no trace of the boy me. It just didn't make sense to call myself by my boy name because I don't see him or for that period of time I'm dressed 'he' doesn't surface. i used to have a friend i used to play with named Sonia. I named myself after her.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    ...And then there is Thumper - I won't go in to details on that, but wife likes Thumper...
    Why didn't you mention the rabbit above?

Along with the many others, running with the name Bert just wouldn't cut it for me when dressed. That's not my name BTW, but curiously, one of the many names I use for my wife, but that's a whole other thing.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I understand the whole thing about it kind of going with the whole get-up and transition into the female self. Other than going with the role, helping accept and identify with the CD self. It is understandable with respect of keeping anonymity not just on here but within your social circle. I can’t help ponder the question: If we must identify ourselves and label ourselves with another name, do we in essence lose the ability to accept who we truly are without limits? What I mean is if we must cover up our identity and CD by relabeling the underlining title that identifies us among the world, than are we truly accepting of our complete self? Have we become accepting, rather of the fact that we have two alter egos that define us? I think what best demonstrates this is the outing of Bruce Jenner, excuse me Caitlyn Jenner. When referred to by birth name our society cannot see past the male personality that makes up Bruce. When relabeled with a female name out society has an easier time seeing past the male underneath and the female that is in front of the camera. Do we create a label to conform to societal judgment of gender identity?

I don't have a CDing name, I have a name for my femme self, just as I have a left hand and a right hand I have a name for my two facets of my being, one male and one female. My name is a combo of my male name and my fave female name, thus a name to match my dual gender.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Like others here, maintaining anonimity was important, both for me and my wife. It was important for her that I keep CD'ing as an "Indoor Sport" or "Undercover", so to speak, which was important for me that she maintain a comfort level with it. My wife and I enjoy a wide range of television shows and one of them is The Barefoot Contessa with Ina Garten. I always joke about Ina being in the Garden, so Ina Girdle was perfect. I chose a name that stated what made me HAPPY, being (In A Girdle).I don't have a female persona to speak of, I am a big guy in lingerie who really has no business being visible in public, believe me I am doing the free world a favor staying in the closet. I don't post all that often, but I really enjoy reading the post's everyday!

Thanks; Ina G.
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

Well cdlove. I for one have no split personality. I do not act any different in one form of dress different then the other. I don't really care what you call me. Call me by my given name if you want. I'll answer. Call me by my chosen name. I'll answer. You posted that you went out stealthy last night at 3am fully dressed up. So then assuming that you might have run into someone, unlikely but it could happen. Let's pretend they asked your name. exactly what would you tell them your name was?

To your pondering if we have a different name can we truly accept ourself's? ( Insert eye roll here ) It took me 40 years to figure out who I really was and be good with it. I accept myself just fine thank you. You may feel free to struggle along and we will continue to support you on that journey that allot of us have taken. Ask all the questions you want. But please do not insinuate that I and many other people on this forum don't accept myself/them self's. My friends, my family, my closet, half the sales force in the area and the rest of the city will fix that issue for you.

I also think your questions are quite funny. You want to know about names et al. Yet you yourself refuse to give yourself the latitude to use your name here. Why is that? Want to be Anonymous? Huh. Imagine that. Your little avatar is the Gemini. The twin. I don't happen to believe in astrology but you seem to. Are you telling us that you have a split personality? That there are two people inside your head? If there is, there is a drug for that. Because that is vastly different then be on the Trans spectrum.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    The name I use on this site is the feminine of my boy name. When I enrolled on this site I had to really think about using Stephanie. My grandmother had a European old country equivalent of Stephanie. My mother always thought the perfect family was two children; first born son and then a daughter. My father's sperm fooled her! I was named the male equivalent of the feminine name. it made sense. Mom and dad had a daughter eleven years later who was named Stephanie. At the time I adopted Stephanie I was estranged from my sister. Since then we have reconciled, so I have some doubts about using it. But, it was really a name reserved for this hunk of human protoplasm.

I guess I could have used "Stevie47." Maybe I'll change it. Then I won't be encroaching on my sister's name.

As to why use a feminine name? A guy trying to look as womanly as possible? Seems natural to try to complete the illusion as best as possible.

For me, it isn't that I feel I need to or shouldn't have to. I would be fine with a female name. I just haven't ever connected with a name other than my birth name. Cding for me doesn't change anything about me. I don't feel any different, other than just comfortable and natural in women's clothing. I spent days thinking of a name before I even created an account. Saw a few others that did not have a female name, then thought what can I come up with that is relevant to me of me that I could use. A mutt is a dog with a mixture of breeds.... and I just decided to roll that.... gendermutt.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

ok there is a sticky all about your female name. thread closed
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,