Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Been Caught Browsing

Ever Been Caught Browsing

Have you ever been caught browsing CD sites by people who do not know that you are a crossdresser? When the full site is up Crossdressers.com is always proudly displayed at the top of the page. I had my daughter walk in the room suddenly once, a quick alt tab and luckily the other page was Google or MSN and she did not see the logo. I have started clicking on the mobile site even when at home on a PC. That way it is like incognito mode as the logo's are removed to keep those over the shoulder nosy people from seeing it.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 04-15-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No because I'm not ashamed to be here.

My SO knows about the site. I almost wonder if she has looked up my posts.

My daughter walked in behind me unexpectedly on day, I had a photo of me on the screen. I hit quit and a message popped up asking if I wanted to quick.
    She said "Oh dad" and left the room, I think she just thought it was a picture of a woman and didn't look to close.
    Another time I had to much wine and the next day when I came down stairs to my computer it was still on and on this site.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Actually no. I show my SO my posts and ask her opinion on photos and such that are posted to get a result. I try to give a favorable response and sometimes ask what she thinks. So, naw, no problem hiding it here.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzy , MyWife knows about this site but don't want to see it(DA/DT) and there is no one else here,
    Every time that I logoff I always clear all of the sites that I've visited......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hell-o Suzy,
    WAIT A MINUET JUDY!
    Too much wine? Is that a thing???

No I've never been caught browsing.
    My SO knows about the site, and has read
    along over my shoulder.
    I have always been pretty careful with my phone
    while browsing at work. If someone is walking near,
    or behind me the phone is either turned off, or put away.
    Although knowing me and my phone's history of outing me,
    it probably just a matter of time.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

No, I'm usually alone all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I totally agree.

Banned Read only
    No but my phone shows incoming messages from "crossdressers.com" even when it's locked, I try to leave it face down but I do sometimes forget, I'm sure I'm sooo out 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I am not ashamed, just buried deep in the closet. I guess my question should have been "Have you ever been caught browsing CD sites by people who do not know that you are a crossdresser?"

The nice thing about the mobile site is that is does not show that very eye catching logo at the top so looky Lou's will not catch on so easily.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have read so many threads about people that are in the closet no matter how deep actually doesn't matter.
    Ones that hide things from their SO's and family,go to great lengths to hide their dressing.
    I have to think what is the overriding factor of this?
    Its fear and shame is it not?
    Worrying about showing pics on here for some is fueled by fear of being found out and the shame that follows.
    Worrying about having a family member see this website on a screen be it phone.tablet or PC again fear and the shame that follows when you try to explain.
    The shear terror some have of being found out is rooted in shame is it not?
    A simple way to put it but many here live in fear of shame.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-15-2016 at 02:01 AM.

I have two monitors, and when I browse the site I always have it on the monitor that is most away from the door. I also take off one earphone to hear anyone walk in or knock.
    Funny story, I did mean to make a thread about it but I never did. I was showing my brother my new monitor, and its a very, very wide monitor so certain things look very different on it. Anywhooo, he wanted to go to CNN, so he started typing "C". First thing that pops up is an auto fill for "Crossdressers.com".
    He looked at me and said "Cross...dressers...dot com?"
    All I said was, "I don't know, google auto fills some random sh*t for me sometimes."
    No idea if he thought anything of it, but a funny story. He still acts the same around me as he always does, and that was about 4 months ago.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Hell-o AprilMayy,
    The creators of autofill can just SUCK it!
    BTW... How would SUCK equate to SUV?????

Looks like your brother just got another clue.
    Eventually... 1+1= a lot more questions!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Reine

Hell-o ReineD,
    Thanks for the tip to block the logo.
    But are some of you actually seeing adds while visiting this site?
    I've often wondered how this site keeps running, who's payin' the bills?
    Sorry, but I've never seen 1 single, annoying add (knock on wood).
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 04-15-2016 at 05:08 AM.

You can set ad blockers to block specific image URLs, they don't just block ads. The url for the logo is: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/logo_cd.gif

I'm not aware of any ads on this site, other than the links at the bottom of each page.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Not only this very site.

For this site, it shows up not only on C, but on quite a few other letters as well. Thank God I outed myself to my friends - one borrowed my phone on holiday as I was the only one with a working data SIM.

My mobile gaming account was in Lily's name so my scores and lap times were associated with that name as well.

I wouldn't use the word "caught" as this intimates doing something wrong. As for me I have been observed surfing this site and others by my wife. She knows of my X'dressing and is NOT happy about it but she doesn't say anything and I don't flaunt it. I am who I am.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Live alone so...,but if anyone does look over my shoulder they can plainly see the Crossdressers.com at the top as the first logo on my favorites bar, but they probably know about me anyway because they're in my house.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I live alone so the fear of being caught while at home on this site is noth something that pretains to me. When I am out usually at my local coffee house I am the most inspired to think about my CD and my mind fills with questions and what not thus I get on here. That is where I some what worry about being caught but to be honest even there its not that big of a deal. People are nosy and project their own assumptions on what and why people do things, when they have not understanding of the individual. In reality I could be a therapist talking to my clients or doing reserach on the subject rather then a member of the community. So I am not ashamed or really worried about people seeing me on this site. If I was worried I would have never decieded to join in the first place.

Suzy,

Yes I have been caught but not at work thank God. My wife's friends went in to use my computer to look something up that they were working on. I was reading this forum and had a couple of other sites open as well. When I came out of the bathroom, and returned to the "computer" room... There was my wife and her friends reading some of the posts and looking at the other pages. When I walked in my wife explained that she does read the posts here from time to time, and then asked me to explain why I visit the sites that were open. So basically I came out to them. At first I was embarrassed, but they turned out to be more comforting and helpful than I thought. We ask still friends, and sometimes they will ask me questions on what I think of their outfit or what they are trying on in the store. They have told me that they enjoy the feed back because I see both sides. "Not only do you see us as a woman but also as a man"...

All in all a good thing.

@--}-----
    Michelle

I came out to my wife a long time ago, so it wouldn't be a big deal if she walked in on me. She knows about this site and my other favorites; in fact I constantly encourage her to visit and learn more about us. But I don't think she has ever done so. Once I asked her to read "My Husband Wears My Clothes", and I tucked a $100 bill near the end. After a year, I realized she hadn't read it and took the money back.

But still, I don't visit CD sites in front of her. And certainly never at work.

I've been caught browsing at pictures of myself dressed, by a female colleague of all people, she appeared out of nowhere and as I clicked to close the picture the previous one appeared, click again, next picture, in all I must have had to close a dozen individual pics, very embarrassing, she didn't say anything but I spoke to her later and gave her a feeble excuse about themed come dine with me nights with friends, she just said "it's none of my business what you get up to" and smiled, she knew and fortunately never outed me.

Banned Read only

Red face this happen more then once

I was in a public restaurant.

Two guys and a girl where bored and looked over there shoulders to see me looking at CD/TS websites.
    The one guy got his cellphone out to record it and post it on this popular website that outed many stealth TS and men dating them.
    Worldstar hiphop

I was like whatever cause if he are them ever really see me there in some trouble and will not be worrying about what i look at on the internet
    Last edited by summerbunny; 04-15-2016 at 03:48 PM.