Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just graduated basic training for the army

On base, it's easy for them to search your car. I'd put the clothes in a suitcase with your mom or sister's name tag on it. Or put a box with a note in it saying, "Joe, please ship this to me, here is my address".

Banned Read only
    "Google" the issue and you'll see the military is reviewing its policy towards transgender men and women. Right now there is no protection afforded transgender men and women. See #19 above. The military is dominated by male mind set. Even if you end up legally doing what you want to do you run the risk of being ridiculed and shunned by others. If you end up living off base, then maybe you can express yourself. On base..forget it. If one is only a cross-dresser I really do not understand this preoccupation of wanting to destroy one's career by wearing women's underwear on the job. Keep in mind if you do end up overseas in a combat zone there is always a risk on being injured or wounded. Don't ever do anything to disgrace the uniform....

Stephanie, a Nam combat vet (11B20)

My roommate in Air force training came out as gay, in 1976, and was discharged out. i was discharged because of a religion i converted to then. Take advice from others here, just dress off duty off base, and not underdress in uniform. Murphy's law does happen!

Silver Member
    I fully agree with every recommendation thus far. Do not crossdress, or underdress, while on duty, anywhere, anytime. Period.

I would like to go one steep further. Thank you for entering the military service. It is challenging, demanding, rewarding, different than any other occupation you might have entered. You have just finished Basic Training. Congratulations. But you need to get focused real fast if you want to be successful. Forget about taking foolish risks like crossdressing on duty. There are more important things you should be doing on duty than thinking about wearing a bra. You should be focused on learning your skills and becoming the best soldier you can be - period.

Keep your crossdressing private. You have 30 days of leave a year. 12 holidays. 52 weekends. You have nights free. You can figure out how to spend your free time. You are not the only crossdresser in the US Army - but figure out how and when and where to dress - and don't tell anyone. Don't tell anyone, period.

Thanks for your service. Good luck on your career. Do well in your continued training. And don't even think about wearing a bra and panties on duty.

1st, congratulations on completing basic training. I was enlisted in the Air Force for 4 years.... *I heard that Miss Mandy*.. lol. I can tell you that NO, no whatever dressing while on duty in uniform. I would highly suggest not dressing anywhere, anytime while on base. You joined voluntarily. You are fully aware of the expectations of you as far as appearance goes. Hair has to be no longer than such a length, in or out of uniform. facial hair is highly restricted (no beards) mustache is not to touch your upper lip or go past the corner of your mouth. unless that has changed.....

Yes, now they are allowing homosexual people into the armed forces. But the same PDA laws are still in effect. I don't THINK they would kick you out if you were spotted dressing in an lgbt friendly establishment.... but as of right now, there is no laws or rules in regards to transgender people in the armed forces. Someday that may change, but for now, I would basically plan to keep your dressing on hold until your time is up.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Platinum Member
    Hi Kaylin , Thanks for your service to our country !! Now see line #4 in my signature.-......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

miss mandy ,
    hrumph hrumph not all the usaf is 9-5 desk pilots I was in special rapid deployment units mostly cold war and we were in it thick at times as much as any grunt or marine THIS REPLY IS STRICTLY LOL @kalyn in my day it was don't ask don't tell and it long before the clinton admin ,they looked the other way while off base but if you got caught on base-------, besides how will you explain to your troop sgt the nice lacy bra in our foot locker enjoy the ride play safe
    hugs phylis anne

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

@gender mutt you just descibed almost to a "T" the ol afr 3510 regs
    hugs phylis anne

I would keep all CD, including under dressing, limited to off base.

I was in US NAVY in 1972, and was caught off-base dressing. Had to see the psychiatrists and security people for a while. They were mainly interested if it was a solitary pursuit and if any Homosexuality involved. Yes on first, no on second. I had a Top Secret + clearance, worked on Submarines as a launch Petty Officer for nuclear missiles. They reported back to my CO/XO there was no concern and I just went back to work as usual.
    If it had become general knowledge my life would have been hell.

Not sure what ever the US military comes up with will include CDs, Seems to be relegated for now to TG/TS. Have recently met some that are working as such for now. A friend with the Air Force, who is also TG, works with SPART*A (see earlier link).

You made reference to MI.. which I assume will mean you are eventually going to deal with classified material. Being TG is still listed a viable reason to deny your clearance. An MI soldier without a clearance... is quickly discharged. Tread light young soldier... your time will come.. later.

Banned Read only
    In all sincerity, you'd be out of uniform. They should have made this very clear to you during basic...
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Erika View Post
    In all sincerity, you'd be out of uniform. They should have made this very clear to you during basic...
    Actually, Erika is quite correct. Section 20-28, Department of the Army Pamphlet 670-1, dated 1 July 2015, designates the undergarments required for males and females to wear while in uniform.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/p670_1.pdf

Female bra and panties are not listed as authorized undergarments for male soldiers.

Officially no! But the policy has been under review for quite some time now and under dressing is gaining more and more tolerance in the branches depending largely on what CO you are under.

Christina (Christinac here on the forums) when she was still alive pushed hard for transgender acceptance in the service with the policy change on gays and lesbians. She was never able to win full acceptance, but was instrumental in getting the policy amended to allow fully transitioned PO transgenders. She was trying to get the policy to accept transgenders who were under medically supervised transition but have not had GRS. Sadly she passed away and I'm not sure what ever became of the work she help start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa in CMI View Post
    You made reference to MI.. which I assume will mean you are eventually going to deal with classified material. Being TG is still listed a viable reason to deny your clearance. An MI soldier without a clearance... is quickly discharged. Tread light young soldier... your time will come.. later.
    In addition, as a closeted CD, you are vulnerable to blackmail, if they find out about it at all, on base or off, there is a good chance you'll get canned anyway, even if you've never been within a hundred miles of base while dressed. Theoretically, you could get around that by coming out to all, and making sure that your superiors know, not sure whether I'd want to risk it though.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Silver Member
    There is currently no "tolerance for underdressing" in any branch of the military while on duty in uniform. Crossdressing permission is not up to the discretion of local commanders. It is also a behavior that would not want to be shared with other soldiers, marines, sailors, air men, coasties in your unit. If anyone does wear female undergarments, they do so secretly, at risk of discipline, without commander tolerance.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 04-17-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Hate to disappoint you Heather, it may not be official, but there is tolerance for it. I'm one of the commanding officers who did tolerate it in his division under the guise of "don't ask, don't tell". As long as you didn't create an issue in the ranks and keep it quiet, I did not give a rats ass in hell.

As always, consider the worst possible outcome if you should be outed as a crossdresser while serving in the military. If you can accept that, they proceed with your behavior. It's as simple as that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Cristi2 your answer makes me so happy! And fills me with hope! Thank you!

Wasn't one of the responses the DI always gave "If you have to ask....then the answer is no"

Se above link to SPARTA
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    Hate to disappoint you Heather, it may not be official, but there is tolerance for it. I'm one of the commanding officers who did tolerate it in his division under the guise of "don't ask, don't tell". As long as you didn't create an issue in the ranks and keep it quiet, I did not give a rats ass in hell.
    Military uniforms are strictly defined. If someone is out of uniform (in whatever manner) and it's noticed, they're going to be corrected/reprimanded in some fashion or another.

If they are not noticed, then the wearer might well get away with it, but it has nothing to do with "tolerance." It had to do with not being noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    There is currently no "tolerance for underdressing" in any branch of the military while on duty in uniform...
    You are quite right. Not being noticed as being out of uniform is a world away from "tolerance."

Call it what you will. I have been in the military since 1986 and an commanding officer for eighteen of those years. Do not presume to tell me what military tolerance is. I know what is being tolerated (even though it is a direct violation of the dress code) and what is not.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    Cristy - You are not disappointing me. But "Don't ask, don't tell" was a policy which applied to gay/lesbian/bisexual Service members only. Not crossdressers. It was a step in the right direction regarding gender tolerance, but it did nothing for crossdressers and transsexual individuals. If a person was reported (usually by their chain-of-command or by other Service members), they faced medical evaluation and separation for an unfitting psychological condition. It was not a simple violation of dress code as you suggest which a commander could dismiss or tolerate. It was a serious charge and still is.

The Secretary of Defense announced last year an intent to change the military's approach to transgender Service members. A senior-level group is developing recommendations regarding the approximately 12,000 (pure guess) transgender members of the military and most believe a more tolerant policy will be announced. It will probably be more applicable to transsexual Service members but may possibly address crossdressing, which would potentially be a much larger number of troops (5%). Obstacles include: recruiting standards; medical evaluations; effect on morale and discipline; correction of past discharges; ability to provide qualified psychological counselling where needed; reassignment surgical costs if permitted; billeting and facility issues. The military is currently addressing the opening of all combat positons to women which is a major challenge. And by the way, trying to maintain combat proficiency to defend our country.

http://www.defense.gov/News/News-Rel...Article/612778

Why would you want to "possibly" cause yourself any type of a problem?????? As an ex-service member, I put my dressing on hold until I was on leave, on a pass or discharged. In my day it was a court martial offense to X-dress and that was the least of any worries. The major concern was being badly beaten or dead. PUT IT ON HOLD!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Wasn't one of the responses the DI always gave "If you have to ask....then the answer is no"

Se above link to SPARTA
    what if you're asking to use the bathroom? oh god!

I say do it!

hell if you're fighting for FREEDOM

that should include the freedom to wear whatever the hell damn underwear you damn well please!

none of their damn biz nash!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    what if you're asking to use the bathroom? oh god!

I say do it!

hell if you're fighting for FREEDOM

that should include the freedom to wear whatever the hell damn underwear you damn well please!

none of their damn biz nash!
    Totally disagree. It is their business - to make sure trainees eat, wash, learn, follow instructions, keep motivated, stay in shape, wear proper uniforms. If something goes wrong, the DI is blamed. Military service is not a joke. If a recruit is more focused on panties and a bra then they are ill prepared to fight for freedom.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    You'll be out of uniform. And if you get caught, you'll be the endless butt of jokes.
    Maybe the Army needs a "no bullying" rule like they have in the schools now.

BTW: Corporal Klinger was a crossdresser and he never got thrown out of the Army.