Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just graduated basic training for the army

Just graduated basic training for the army

Can I crossdress in the army. I just want to be able to wear a bra and panties while in uniform, is that okay or will I be chartered out for it.
    The names Kaylyn, and I'm not your ordinary princess!! 👸👗👙👢👠👡💖

I wouldn't do it soldier. Your job is to kill, not feel pretty Seriously, put your girly stuff on during off-time and in private...Private! What would happen if you got injured and a medic had to cut your uniform off? Think of the consequences...

My job is literally behind a desk, not combat oriented at all. So getting wounded is 98% not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-16-2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: removed duplicated comment

Are you sure you are not in the Air Force?

Lol I'm going to an air force base for six months for job training. MI

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would put it on hold for the time you are in.
    Are you going to stay in as a career?

I planned to

Banned Spammer
    Well once you get to your duty station and live off base you could get away with it.
    Personally like any job its not wise to do it at work if you don't want to be caught.
    For some its the thrill of being caught at work CDing so pick your poison I guess.
    A non combat position is pretty cushy so I applaud you for that.
    Not having to smell dirt,CLP and blood everyday is a plus LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-16-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Do you think I could get away with it on base or is it impossible. I just don't want to get chaptered out. Is it a chapterable offense?

You'll be out of uniform. And if you get caught, you'll be the endless butt of jokes.

Banned Spammer
    They might boot you out that depends on your CO.
    Why even take the chance is my question.
    Others find out and will give you hell over it,they will make fun of you that is a given.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-16-2016 at 02:28 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kaylyn,

If it is just an urge to cross dress from time to time (feel pretty ) I would not do so at work. You might be in a non-combat role but you could still get injured at work which may result in a very embarrassing trip to the med folks. I have to admit I don't know too much about your military being Canadian (I am a serving trans woman in the CAF) so I am not sure if cross dressing will get you chaptered out. I do know being openly transgendered could.

My advice, don't do it at work unless being a woman is so integral to your being that to not do so would be hell. If you are at that point then you have some serious decisions to make. BTW, while you may think a bra is not visible through your combat fatigues . . . it can be depending on which way your are bending/moving.

Cheers

Marcelle

At present CDing as well as TG is against regulations and can result in a less than honorable discharge. only Gay and lesbian folks can leagly serve in US Armed forces . We have no protections in the military , so be careful with your choices of time and place and degree of dressing . Never on base or any where near base or in public while you are on active duty. I managed to hide it and keep sane for 23 years , so it can be done but carefully. Avoid the pink fog at all cost.

Hugs Annette U.S. N. (ret)
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

As others have said best to do it in your off time and not in a barracks situation for sure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As an entry-level service member, you are going to be stuck in the barracks for a while--most commands have local regulations that mandate that single enlisted personnel live in the barracks, or at least maintain a room there. That room can be "inspected" at ANY time whether you are present or not. Even if you are not under-dressing, you are taking a risk just by possessing female clothing articles in the barracks. Don't think for one second that you would be able to explain away the lingerie that "Sgt. Snorkel" finds in your room by telling him it belongs to your girlfriend, as there is no hanky panky allowed in the barracks. You'd only be putting yourself on report, albeit for a much lesser offense.

The safest COA is to keep a drag bag in the trunk of your car, find a nearby hotel that is safe and not frequented by members of your unit. It'll give you something to look forward on payday weekends while providing a reasonably safe and private way to be yourself. The hotel could even become the base from which you launch forays into the local club scene.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Everyone seems to agree that the risk is not worth the reward, as do I. J-2-J has offered an excellent strategy that will protect your future while allowing for the "hobby".
    Two Spirits

Reality Check
    If you really want to know if it's OK to crossdress or underdress in the Army, you're going to have to ask the Army. If you get caught, handing your commanding officer a printout of a thread on a crossdressing forum isn't going to make a difference. Personally, I think it would be pretty dumb to wear a bra under your uniform.

Have you considered that if crossdressing is very important to you, the Army may not be the best career choice for you? The two don't go well together.

I served 26+ years in the USN active and reserve.

I saved my CD'ing for when I was home or away on leave. This hobby does not work aboard a submarine let alone a warship!

J to J has an excellent suggestion and one I hope you seriously consider. I suspect the amount of hazing you'll get if found out would defy comprehension.

In the end it isn't worth it.

Hi Kaylyn,

Check out this group. We have a serving army person transitioning while in the Army. The Army announced about a year ago that only the Secretary of the Army could decide to discharge a soldier for being Transgender, the official military policy is suppose to happen in the next month or so, but I suspect it will be longer. Here is the link.

http://www.spartapride.org/

Another link for former Military members is,

http://transveteran.org/

Now having said that, I do agree with others that you can save yourself a lot of grief and challenges, if this is simply a part time thing, by dressing off post. If you have decided this is whom you are then the links will help you find a way.

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Don't think for one second that you would be able to explain away the lingerie that "Sgt. Snorkel" finds in your room
    I don't want to trivialize something that is serious business, but when I pictured the look on "Sgt. Snorkel"'s face as he holds up those cute dainty little panties, I couldn't help but laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annette_boy View Post
    At present CDing as well as TG is against regulations and can result in a less than honorable discharge. only Gay and lesbian folks can leagly serve in US Armed forces . We have no protections in the military , so be careful with your choices of time and place and degree of dressing . Never on base or any where near base or in public while you are on active duty. I managed to hide it and keep sane for 23 years , so it can be done but carefully. Avoid the pink fog at all cost.

Hugs Annette U.S. N. (ret)
    Well said, Annette. I, too, managed to keep it under wraps, while in the U.S. Navy, but I didn't serve for 23 years. Keep it quiet and hidden. I can relate to what Kristen Beck, retired Navy Senior Chief SEAL, said in an interview about dressing. "I'd buy things and then purge. You couldn't have that stuff around or even close".

Jill
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Aspiring Member
    As a veteran of many years in the Army, most of it as a Chairborne Ranger like you, I recommend keeping your off- duty activities off duty and off the army base. Army guys are still Army guys. They will not be kind on issues like this, particularly those among your peer group. It is unlikely that you will be chaptered out, but if found out, you will have difficulty fitting into a system where effectiveness depends on cohesion within the unit. Just because there is a thaw in official policies does not mean that there are no icebergs still floating around. Be careful.

kaylin- This is a copy and paste from one of my other posts. I think it applies equally here.
    "You entered freely into a contract with the coast guard, agreeing to their rules. This contract is binding, and not subject to interpretation."

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    As an entry-level service member, you are going to be stuck in the barracks for a while--most commands have local regulations that mandate that single enlisted personnel live in the barracks, or at least maintain a room there. That room can be "inspected" at ANY time whether you are present or not. Even if you are not under-dressing, you are taking a risk just by possessing female clothing articles in the barracks. Don't think for one second that you would be able to explain away the lingerie that "Sgt. Snorkel" finds in your room by telling him it belongs to your girlfriend, as there is no hanky panky allowed in the barracks. You'd only be putting yourself on report, albeit for a much lesser offense.

The safest COA is to keep a drag bag in the trunk of your car, find a nearby hotel that is safe and not frequented by members of your unit. It'll give you something to look forward on payday weekends while providing a reasonably safe and private way to be yourself. The hotel could even become the base from which you launch forays into the local club scene.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jill
    OMG this is both great and hilarious...great because Jillian is right: barracks inspections are real and can happen at any time and living in the Bs does not leave you much privacy, if any. Often you have to be an NCO to get your own room, which means more than likely you'll be sharing very small quarters, and bathrooms. And if you get caught or Sgt Snorkel (LOL!) does find frilly things among your dress greens, then not only will there likely be official consequences, but your fellow soldiers might be merciless in their taunting and jeering. I was active duty in the 90s (NO!) but I doubt that soldiers have changed much since then.

Another piece of advice I might give besides finding a good hotel is looking for a good makeover service nearby. No tracks left behind, you'll look great and most likely get a ton of great pictures from it. and you'll learn a lot about putting on makeup, mannerisms etc. Either way, have fun! And be safe!

I will answer the question, as no one else has.......

NO! It is not okay.

Now take everyone else's advice, keep your dresses in a bag in the boot of your car.

The military police are only likely to want to look there if they suspect you have stolen something.

Barracks inspections happen at any time and these days for more security reasons that can be discussed here.

Dress when you are a hundred miles from base and in some seedy hotel that you can afford to rent a room in.

That probably isn't safe either..

When do you finish your service with the coast guard?......... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.