Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I going to play a trans person on The Leftovers!

Congratulations, keep up the good work we and will be watching for you on HBO

WOW Stacey that's so cool.
    Angie

Very cool! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I am so happy for you that you are getting this opportunity. I know from you past posts how much you have enjoyed your experiences so far so I hope this is the best ever for you.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Stacy,
    CONGRATS on getting the part! I'm sure you'll do great!
    Any chance you would post that "fun picture of me in a dress taken at the Dallas airport. " that got you the part?
    We'd love to see it..

Summerbunny,
    How do we find out about these movie liquidation sales???
    I think we all love sales & need more clothes..

Hugs, Connie Marie

Fantastic opportunity on a fantastic show! Good for you....

NOW (and soon from now) would be a GREAT time to be a trans actor/actress...

if you had even a bit of talent + gumption the rolls could come just rolling in!

be on the look out for The Leftovers extra in Texas by the name of Matt... he's mid20s and looks like benedict cumberbun botch a bit!

and plays in a local yokel band called Empire Machines in Austin!

(tell him Itchy sent ya!)

I was never that big on Leftovers...

I like it straight from the grill!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    Seriuosly! That is sooo cool!
    Yes, awesomely cool. Can I get a pinup pic?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

Went to my fitting for The Leftovers

Last week I got to go to my fitting for the HBO series The Leftovers. The part I got was as a transsexual so I knew the fitting would be fun.
    To get into the spirit of the fitting I went dressed as Stacey (okay I wanted a chance to wear my new shoes). When I arrived I checked in and waited with a couple of other people. We talked about our the parts we were playing one the show. One guy was to play a "sad Santa". He said he had played Santa every yeat at Christmas but didn't know what a sad Santa would look like.
    After a few minutes the sad Santa and I were called into the fitting room. The wardrobe ladies were quite excited to see me. I had already given them my sizes so they had some stuff pick out to try on. We started with a fairly conservative outfit that looked like something a woman would wear to work. After getting me fitted in that and taking a picture of me they really town. All sorts of different looks were tried some involving fluffy house slippers and funny hats.
    We spent over an hour going through different looks with them taking reference pictures several more times.
    My sad Santa friend also got fitted in a really sad looking Santa outfit. Looked like the North Pole really fell on hard times.
    Finally we finished. I think I went through all the women's clothes they had in my size. I put on my own clothes and as I was leaving I passed a friend who had just arrived to have her fitting. she already knew I was there for a transsexual part so she wasn't surprised to see me and she liked my outfit.
    Lastly on my way home I got a message that I had accidently walked out wearing a piece of their jewelry. I had left over an hour earlier so I had to turn around and go back to give them the necklace back.
    all in all it was a fun day. On the 11th and 12th I will be filming my part. Can't wait for that and I will tell everyone how that went.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Stacey, you are one lucky gal. I bet you really enjoyed the day and are looking forward to the shoot.

This is so cool we might have a celebrity on here that is one of us. Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing how the filming goes. Keep us informed.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    My Gawd, that sounds like a dream come true. You go on girl!!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir