Thread: dressing?

dressing?

So I wear dresses. George Washington and a whole mess of other men wore wigs, and face powder, didn't they? Should you ever see old black and white movies with men in tuxedos you'll notice they also wore black patent pumps. No heel of course but some even had bows on the toes. Just a note.

Banned Read only
    So are you trying to justify cross dressing today based on something that was in fashion 300 years ago? It just doesn't work. Fashion changes through time and what was once appropriate for a man may no longer be.

So you wear a dress. Today, that is NOT appropriate male attire. We all know this. A four year old knows this. You are a cross dresser and George Washington was not.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    ..You are a cross dresser and George Washington was not.
    When he said, "father, I cannot tell a lie", maybe he just owned up to the Cherry Tree thing instead of saying that he was a crossdresser? We'll never know.

Yeah, pretty much in agreement with Jennifer here. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Apparently, sex between men for the ancient Greeks and Romans was just for fun and with women for procreation, but it's not something I intend to follow . http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/t...12/#gs.JMl=XRQ.

Interesting article, but you're still a cross dresser.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 04-17-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

And I'm a crossdresser, your a man who wears dresses, where's the problem? Why do you need to justify what you do, just enjoy.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    Why does anyone need to beat people up and belittle them because of the reasons they justify their crossdressing behavior? No one here has a right to judge the reasons anyone else has for dressing or for justifying their dressing.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Heather,

If someone offers a point of view, people may offer alternative points of view, may they not? There is no intent to beat people up or otherwise. The worst point of short answers in text format, is that they don't convey the lighthearted intonation and sentiment than can be made with verbal and/or facial communication.

It always appears that there is someone on hand to take offence by proxy too, if we look at it that way.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It does get old hearing that comparison you have to agree.
    Maybe they are just getting started discovering themselves and they like wearing dresses so they can justify it in some way.
    I saw the comments a humor nothing more.
    Jennifer pretty much put the record straight so I can't disagree with what she said.

I'm not sure what Gilda Hernandez is getting at. Perhaps the idea is that men have an inclination to styles which are slightly female. In the 17th century when were into long hair wigs, tight pants, knee socks, frills, and bright colors. We would consider this rather effeminite clothing but they certainly did not. It was the norm back then.
    I think what Gilda might be saying is that some men can feel an attraction to a softer, rather feminine style without falling into crossdressing as such. Some men might have a inclination to a softer, slightly effeminite style without having any desire to crossdress.
    Alisa stated, "And I'm a crossdresser, your a man who wears dresses, where's the problem? Why do you need to justify what you do, just enjoy."
    Right on. We don't need to justify what we do. It's neither morally nor legally wrong (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    When he said, "father, I cannot tell a lie", maybe he just owned up to the Cherry Tree thing instead of saying that he was a crossdresser? We'll never know.
    I think he came forward with the cherry tree tale because his dad was moving things around in his house, and was just about to open little George's wardrobe where there were hidden some of George's girly things. So George used his cherry tree tale as a distraction.

We crossdressers are a wily bunch. Sneaking around makes us even better at deception.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Heather,

If someone offers a point of view, people may offer alternative points of view, may they not? There is no intent to beat people up or otherwise. The worst point of short answers in text format, is that they don't convey the lighthearted intonation and sentiment than can be made with verbal and/or facial communication.

It always appears that there is someone on hand to take offence by proxy too, if we look at it that way.

Becky
    Becky - Everyone can certainly offer an opinion, but to equate the original comment to judgment less than a 4 year old's is not lighthearted.

Banned Read only
    Heather, you really, really need to read more carefully. I did not equate anything the OP wrote to that of a four year old.

What I wrote was, "Today, that is NOT appropriate male attire. We all know this. A four year old knows this." I clearly conveyed that four year old knows that men do not wear dresses. It's just a fact. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, and I call it a duck, why would his goose friend get upset?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Here's a song u mite use, Gilda, to help further your case.

"Birds fly over the rainbow, so why oh why can't I?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No need to justify what you do, this is just the same old argument in another guise.

This makes about the one hundred and seventh different version I have read.

My wife looks better in slacks and I look better in a dress.

That statement goes for a lot of us I think. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hell-o Gilda,
    Just to be fair here... Do any of you have proof that George WASN'T
    a crossdresser? Agreed it may have just been a style choice back in the day,
    but hey! Who knows???
    Just for the record "carry a big stick" is a far way from this....
    http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...-girls/237299/
    Just how far did this go?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 04-18-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Gilda , Just hang in there like they say, "What goes around Comes around" if you wait long enough it may come back around.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    As so often is the case, Jennifer has it right. There's no justifying crossdressing and it's silly to try. It's something you like to do, period.