Thread: yakkity-yak

yakkity-yak

Well todays warmer here so I decided to dress more casual, slim jeans, pull over top, over the "girls" with bra who are more obvious without sweater or coat, slip on 1" heel "grasshoppers". Only powder as a cover up and evening of skin tone, brownish eye shadow and mascara with lipstick of course. Polished my nails yesterday a pinkish red or is that a reddish pink? Did my hair as usual and my mandatory earrings, finger rings, bangles and necklace. Out and about with the other women in their warmer weather wear, blending to the point that for some strange reason every one seems to want to talk to me and not about the weather, I guess the "freak" is more obvious not being so covered up. Not that the conversations are about CDing or any gender issues it's just that for some reason I seem to be an ear to bend, I don't use a femme voice but no one runs away either. Is it possible that I'm seen as a "person" not a "thing"? I mean these talks aren't intellectual panel discussions but they are free flowing and natural, it kind of scares me. I guess I've grown into being me more now and feeling at ease with myself, maybe others sense this and act upon it without hesitation. It's not that I don't see and hear the smirks and off color comments from behind but they seem to be less and less common or maybe I'm just tuning them out more. Well I did get a new pair of sandals and a few rings, but tomorrows another day, maybe a skirt day and more of a make-up job as it is a Sunday. Just thought I'd share with everyone.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The last few times have been interesting most people either don't notice or give a nice smile.
    Had one lady ask if I had a tissue and I gave her one and her reply was thank you sweetie you are very nice.
    I'm sure she clocked me but maybe I wasn't too odd looking or blended well enough.

I have found the more blended I am the more people could care less ,oh sure the odd gawker ,but they are evrywhere
    hugs phlyis

Banned Read only
    Another inspirational post Lisa, thank you!

I find that the less I try (but no obvious giveaways like face fur of course), the easier it is...I think feeling genuinely comfortable goes a long way myself.

I've tried forms and such but when I'm wearing all that stuff I'm just not ME, feeling very self concious I think, and I'm sure it shows.

Again, another great post Lisa, I get it!

[QUOTE=Allisa;3929117]...I guess I've grown into being me more now and feeling at ease with myself, maybe others sense this and act upon it without hesitation...QUOTE]

Allisa,

I have found that people in general are naturally attracted to others who are happy and confident with themselves.

I have had similar experiences to yours when dressed and out amongst the masses.

Tastefully dressed and happy with oneself is a magnet that invites others to interact with you. It is actually a compliment when it occurs.

Yakkity-Yak?

(don't talk black!)

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    The truth is you went out as you, it gives off the right messages because you felt OK with yourself !

I am finding the same thing happening at the social meetings, just being me and chatting with anyone, be it other members of the group, the sales girls or the hotel owners.
    I would really like to be more out to the public then I am now , I'm sure it will happen .

Mink, got your attention and as I stated it seemed everyone wanted to talk that day..yakkity yak!!! Can't help it I like 50's music, so I'm old.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

makes me think of John Candy and The Great Outdoors (Dan Arkanoid!)

Oh so now I'm John Candy? Some overweight funny guy? Thanks a-lot!!