Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression and isolation in light of recent events

What I have noticed, Paula, is this latest spat of attention is more negative than not. People all around me are talking about the perversion of transgenderism, and of course stirring up the Facebook crowds to sling and share mean spirited anti LGTB posts. So, to your question, if I was contemplating coming out this would definitely have me remain in the closest a little while longer.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    To the CDs out there who hear this stuff "we're better than them", or "we're not like those CDs!" from TSs,
    Same Shit - Different Day...

As Blacks embraced the idea that dark skin was a good thing during the Civil Rights Movement, a "better than" sentiment was an underlying theme at the expense of lighter skinned Blacks. In other words, they weren't Black enough, physically and mentally. During the Women's Liberation Movement, women were suspect who had good relationships with men or were thought to be too dependent on men. Whether this reflected reality was open to conjecture. In the gay community, bisexuals are often not recognized as a distinct category and are not thought of at the same level of real lesbians or gay men. Once again, "less than/better than". The common theme here is that we just can't seem to move forward without trying to kick some off the train. This is how internalized racism, internalized sexism and internalized homophobia, respectively, work. We don't need external interference as was are perfectly capable of blunting our best efforts from within.

In ALL of these settings, this is counterproductive behavior. Instead of rallying around what can bring us together, we waste effort in trying to separate and splinter. We perpetuate EXACTLY what our enemies want: internal chaos, finger-pointing, wasted and mis-directed resources, etc.

Using a name that we all know, this is DIVIDE AND CONQUER and we do it to ourselves.

DeeAnn

All of this makes me want to be out more often and be more visible. I will never fully transition "I think" but I want to eventually be a person that stands up and is accounted for. None of this stuff makes me want to hide on the contrary I would like to bust out!

Banned Read only
    Understood. I have just returned from DeeAnn's first trip to the grocery store for the week's shopping...

DeeAnn