Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser.........sort of.

Crossdresser.........sort of.

I like to crossdress, but........I'm not a "complete" crossdresser. When I say "complete", I mean passable as a female. In fact, I don't want to look female by wearing makeup or a wig (Just seems like too much work to get all "dolled up" to me.). So if somebody were to see me, they'd see me from the neck down in feminine attire, and from the neck up as just a regular male head and face. The only reason I crossdress is because I like to wear the clothing that women wear because some of it just seems more comfortable or more appealing to me. And most of what I like and/or like to wear is short skirts, heels, knee high boots, various tops, and lots of pantyhose, and a few other things. I don't go out crossdressed either. I mostly just stay at home in the apt. and do various chores or watch tv, etc. while crossdressed. It's not every day I crossdress, but once in a while when I have the time.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. I guess I'm just wondering if there were any others that kinda did the same thing I do: You like to crossdress, but you only enjoy the clothing only and don't want to completely transform yourself with makeup and wig, etc.?

Maybe what I am all saying might be weird, but that's how I feel. That's how I like to crossdress. Does what I am doing make me (or anybody else) less of a crossdresser than other complete crossdressers? Eventually, I'd like to meet other crossdressers, chat, share interests, etc., but I'm not sure how others would feel about me not being fully "one of the girls", know what I mean?

Actually there is a site of men that wears skirts. It is called skirtcafe and perhaps you can take a look at that. But there are a couple of them here. But most are girls in their hearts and try to blend in. But hey if you fully crossdress welcome to the site.
    Part Time Girl

There's no such thing as "complete crossdressers" -- just crossdressers. Since you are a male purposely wearing women's clothing, you are one. There are all kinds from the ones who are total female impersonators to guys who just wear some small article under their street clothes. Relax. Enjoy the company here. But be warned that crossdressing is more of a journey than a destination -- things may change for you even if you think you have it all sussed out right now.

Hi Zenlady,
    There is all sorts of dressing going on here - there are no minimum requirements.

Right now I'm wearing leggings, long sleeve top, bra & panties. No makeup today, though there are times I'll indulge. I just took my wig off to eat my dinner (love my wig, but gotta get some barrettes). Oh, yeah, I have a permanent beard.

I like to think I'm one of the girls - nobody has told me I'm not!

Most of the time I'm 'fully dressed' in femme attire without makeup. It just isn't worth the effort to put on makeup unless I'm going out. Lipstick is the exception!

A little lol here
    oh go ahead they said try on the panties ,then it was try on the bra they said oh what fun you will have they said this goes on in a very addictive state til one day------------- there in the mirror is a full dressed woman ,go ahead they said it will be fun----------- The thing is I started out trying to blend now it is the full monte albeit rather slowly
    hugs and happy dressing phylis anne

This is about as far as I am willing to go crossdressed. Sorry my face is blanked out. Too shy and I'm not willing to show myself. Notice no wig and/or makeup. As I said in my opening post, I have a penchant for short skirts, and I absolutely LOVE opague pantyhose/tights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry Zen, you're one of us. It wasn't too long ago that I was you. We won't judge you as most of us progressed to where we are. If you don't, good for you, life is easier.

Welcome and I hope you find the commeraderie that so many of us feel here, whatever the dimension of your proclivity to dress :-)

While I have gone out and picked up some wigs and slowly have begun working with makeup, I was pretty much at the same level. I dress because I enjoy doing it and I'm not gonna go out to look like the perfect woman, however I do like being able to look somewhat passable and somewhat feminine so I'll do what I need to do. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how I look!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Zen yes your one of us and that is a cute outfit, when I began my journey years ago I to never thought I would go all in with wig and makeup but I knew deep down I wanted to, not saying that's you but many of us have been there.
    I'm now one who enjoys occasionally going out and just being Leigh it's just a nice change from my male self.
    However I understand that is not for all so welcome to our group and don't be shy and jump right on in

Well you said that magic words, you like to wear women's clothes. I believe your a crossdresser, like it or not. I use to be the same as you, the mastake I made was try lip-stick, and a wig. Now I can't dress without a wig, and I'm addicted to the taste of lip-stick, thanks to this site.

Ummm... yeah. You are SO a crossdresser.
    Nice legs by the way.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Thanks for the smile and welcome to the club, hehe. I too do this.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I thought the same thing as you a few years back, and spent a lot of time reading Skirtcafe and Legwear as Unisex Fashion. I'd also say that I'm primarily interested in women's clothing. I don't necessarily want to be a woman or ever see myself transitioning into one.

But... then I tried dressing up fully as a woman, and.. my god. No turning back after that. It's a whole new world, and a wonderful one at that.

If you're interested in exploring it more, then try a professional makeover service. It might be the start of something good!

Whether or not I progress to getting a wig or trying other things in the forseeable future, I don't know. For right now, I'm just content to wear the clothes only as I find them comfortable to wear. I just feel a bit more "at peace" or relaxed when I wear women's clothing. Women's clothing is so much nicer and more variety than men's clothing.

Last year I had a GF who didn't want me to crossdress and made me get rid of my feminine wear. I was okay with that, because I liked her more than the clothes. Then she broke up with me last fall. I haven't been much interested in dressing until yesterday. I have one light pink dress and a dark pink blouse that escaped my purge last year. Now I'm getting comfy dressing again. It's starting to make me feel feminine again like it did two years ago to dress. I've never tried to do any makeup or wig yet, but I'd like to see if I could look much more feminine, so I expect I'll try something like a makeover eventually. But I'll probably try to get another GF first.
    Anyway, welcome to the club. Doesn't matter how much or how little you dress or how far you go, if I may speak for everyone.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    You are not alone! I am pretty much the same. I love short skirts as well! I also wear panties 24/7, shave my legs and pits, and of course I have colorful toes! Makeup and wig once in a great while...but not very often.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

We are all here on this site because we are all somewhere along the crossdresser continuum - so welcome to your place in line. you look great by the way!

Zenlady, I was much like you for a long time. Tights were my gateway, and from when I started dressing in my tweens until I was 30 I had never worn a wig or makeup. Then for a while I said I'd never shave my legs or underarms... Guess how that turned out? Anyway, my point isn't that you will progress -- maybe you will, maybe you won't -- but that you are definitely welcome here.

hi zenlady,
    crossdresser.....definitely.
    well before i ever joined here i never thought of going full montey with dressing or walking about in the wild,
    its different things for each individual and as long as you are comfortable not being "one of the girls" have at it.

i found a p-flag group that i attend, they have different groups, the one i attend is trans, family and friends.....so all in attendance are not part of the spectrum.
    my first time i went i did not dress, then the next i did, now i go varied, either male or female never a mix, once with my goatee, never made to feel uncomfortable,
    so it may be worth a try to go to something like that for you.

personally the only reason i ever brought forms and wig was to be able to blend in so didnt feel so on display if i ever dared to go out, now it just feels natural to be out that way....

here is a search i did for midwest

https://www.google.com/search?q=midw...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    After looking in the image archives I noticed that makeup, jewelry and wigs started happening with me about three years ago. Before that it seems to be a lot of bras and boobs. Now, I need to do the full on girl look or something close with minimal makeup. Yeah, I'm a crossdresser. And I love it!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Zenlady - I do not wear makeup or wigs and just dress in what feels comfortable to me. I don't try to pass as a woman. I consider myself a crossdresser.

"I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam" - Popeye.

I rarely do wig and make up but I wear the clothes as I adore them. Every man is entitled to beautiful clothes.

You are certainly a crossdresser. You don't have to go all the way. A lot of CDs start out with just a few items of female attire and stop there. Some go to add more. Some go as far as going out totally en femme. How far anyone goes depends on the individual. I also started small but eventually wanted more, until I started going out totally en femme.
    I'm not even sure the question of "evolve" even applies here. Evolve seems to imply getting better, constatnly moving higher up the ladder. When it comes to crossdressing, any level you feel comfortable is fine and no further progress or evolution is necessary. If you are happy where you are, without the wig or makeup, that's just fine.
    As the other CDs responding to you post hjave mentioned, you are indeed welcome here as a bonafide CD.

I also started like most here just wearing female clothing and not going all the way with make up and wig. I still do that most of the time but I really enjoy it more when I get to dress up all the way with make up and wig. When I do that it makes me feel very feminine and I enjoy that felling, I'm not saying that I want to be a female I just enjoy felling like a female when dressed.