Thread: First Theripist Session

First Theripist Session

Hi all, I just feel compelled to share my day with you all.
    It was a long time coming but last week I got a call to confirm my first appointment with my therapist. I went to work as usual and left earlier for my first day of a long journey. I ordered a pair of my favourite running shoes in woman's this time around. So while dressed I stopped into the store to pick them and chatted for a bit about some up coming races. Then I headed to my appointment. We had a fantastic session with introductions and talked about her credentials a bit and then dove into me. I shared as much as I could in the short hour we had but I left relieved and full of confidence and excitement. Afterwards I went to one of my favourite shops (America Eagle). I picked out a bralette a tank top and a shirt.

I didn't think I could have ever left this kind of relief inside me. I'm so excited and a little scared at the same time!

Cheers,

Jessi

Jess, I am so glad you feel better after meeting with your new therapist. Often times the therapist reports here are less than stellar so it sounds encouraging.

Keep us posted on your progress !!!
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Banned Read only
    Great to hear Jessi! I've only had three visits myself and honestly weren't very fruitful but that was when I was seriuosly caught up in the pink tornado (imagine a kitten on catnip looking for advice on how to chase a string)

Therapist: yah, I think you got this, here's a list of information, have a nice life 😊

I'm a slightly older cat now and I'm starting to understand the questions I need to ask to get the therapist to ask ME the right questions...will I go back, pretty sure I will but much more 'mature' in my case.

Jessi, glad to hear things are working well with your therapist. My therapist rocks and she's been really encouraging and helping me to boost my confidence level and push my boundaries. For those of you who don't think therapy is helping, I'd recommend getting a different therapist. Sometimes they're just not a good fit for you and if so, don't let that put you off therapy.

Banned Read only
    Jess, that hour does go so quick, I'm glad it went well for you.

I found it easier to write what I wanted to say or make a list of questions , so I didn't waste that time. I didn't want to change the agenda so I handed the sheet over so she could fit the points in .

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jessi,

Nice to hear you had a productive session and it does help to unburden yourself with a therapist. Did you do your shopping at Bayshore on the way out or elsewhere?

Cheers

Marcelle

Thanks girls for the support!

Teresa, I will def wright some notes for the next visit.

Marcelle, yes I usually stop at Bayshore but decided it was such a nice day to check out the Tanger Outlet Mall this time around.