Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The color pink

Banned Read only

The color pink

I dare state that pink is a magnet color for cross dressers. It is the traditional designation for girls, after all. But in my wife's closet there are ZERO items that are pink. In her dresser drawers, the same. I have been trying to pay attention of late and I very rarely see women wearing pink. I see occasional accent color in a scarf, but women (not girls) don't seem to wear pink. Really, it's quite exceptional if you look.

Are we cross dressers just chasing a stereotype? Or is it some sort of rebellion by a man wearing a color we aren't really "allowed" to wear?

I'm curious what the transwomen and GGs think about pink. Is "pink" just for girls and cross dressers?

I never gave this any thought. So I checked my wife's closet and dresser and found she has one pink pair of panties. That's it. Me? Several pairs of panties, two bras, three tank tops and one pair of leggings with a pink stripe down the side. All different shades of pink, but pink. I'll have to be more observant of others.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I tend to opt for peach myself as a girl colour, as pink can be a bit of a beacon. Mind you, when I'm wearing a skirt or dress, that's quite a bit of a beacon too.

I can't think if the wife has anything pink apart from some trainer socks. Is that pumps (trainers) over there?

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have noticed that women do not wear pink these days . May be , they think pink is for little girls . I only saw my wife wore a pink dress at our wedding banquet and that is the last time she wears anything in pink . Pink is my favor color , pink dress , shoes , purse . I am a cyclist so my next bike will be pink .

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I think you're onto something there. It's a reaction against the overly restrictive boudaries our culture places on maleness. I mean for goodness sake ... our culture is so ridiculous that wearing the wrong freakin' color is coded as a subversive challenge to masculinity.

But then maybe it also has to do with insecurity. What I mean by that, is that us crossdressers tend toward ultrafeminine styles.

Speaking only for myself, I'm quite sure that is because I'm insecure in my female presentation ... as a result, I find myself nearly obsessed with anihilating any trace of masculinity. So of course I want the pretty pink dress, and Polkadot heels ... even though you'd hardly ever encounter a genetic girl dressed that way in everyday life ... that style simply cannot be mistaken for "dude".

I don't think I'm necessarily chasing a feminne stereotype so much as trying to banish the male vibes ...
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

The opinion of this cross dresser is that most women, 30 and up, think of it as a younger color.

My wife has maybe one pink shirt and that's about it.

Most of my pink items are ballet tights.

My wife LOVES pink. From shoes to shirts, and and panties. Her best friend loves pink also. Both are in their 40's.
    As a disclaimer. I've loves pink since I was a little kid. It's always been my favorite color. I wear pink in make or female mode.

Funny though. I own nothing in pink in my female wardrobe. Lots of red. Love the color red. But not a single think I'm pink.
    Last edited by 2B Natasha; 04-26-2016 at 10:48 PM.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

that depends on what kind of pink. i have 2 pink items, which is actually Rosé. and i like that specific variation quite a bit, since its a very soft and warm colour. but in the usa the trend seems to be a very very very prenetant pink (i believe you call it hotpink?) at least when i have to shop, thats what always springs to my eyes. And that goes for me personally into the hyperfemine trend, which i simply cant see the appeal. there are several images, i want ppl to see me and this kind of pink simply doesnt fit into these images.

Banned Read only
    I just one a say a thing... I LOVE WEAR PINK CLOTHES!!

My female side of me loves pink

Platinum Member
    Several decades ago when my daughter was playing league softball the uniform for all the teams was just a solid color tee shirt with the league name on it. The girls who were about ten years old =/- opted for a bright pink. I think young girls may now associate pink as representative of submissiveness or stero-typing them. My wife has maybe a top or two with some pink in it, but, nothing sold and definitely nothing in the undergarment area.

Me? Oh, I love pink. I have several pink full and half slips as well as pink bras and panties. I love wearing a black dress with pink undergarments and slip under the dress. I suspect my affection is due to thinking a hint of color under the dress (the slip) is an expression of being sensual.

My wife has a lot of pink in her wardrobe as do I, and we share..................................Debra

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    We both love pink, but you won't see much of it on us, unless you peek under our clothes. Lots of pretty lacy pink lingerie for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Silver Member
    If you play golf, you probably watch PGA matches on TV, too. Pink pants and even pants are not unusual on the pros. Might they be closeted CDers?
    Last edited by Jenny22; 04-27-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Silver Member
    My wife does have a couple of pink items,but not much and only one Jammie top in a more hot tone. She had a pink dress 27 years ago when we got engaged. She is not a fan. Pink doesn't wear well and shows dirt fast. Plus the over proliferation of pink for breast cancer awareness grates on her nerves. Heart disease kills far many more women.

Her sister, 51, has an overabundance of pink, and wear too much perfume.

I don't have anything pink. Both my wife and I like more natural tones and purple. As you know, pink used to be the male color till about 120 years ago.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I too enjoy wearing pink clothing on occasion. Very girly, I suppose. Some is solid pink, others are a color combination.

My favorite item of clothing with pink is a very short exercise/tennis (golf or cheerleader?) style skort in black knit with fluorescent hot pink accents!

It all depends on the woman and what she prefers, some love it, and others wont have anything to do with it as it might be too girly, and not like an adult to wear.

My wife does not wear pink -- or most bright colors for that matter. She favors dark colors, tans, olives, burgundy, earth tones. That's just her.

I've been wearing pink golf shirts and T shirts ever since Don Johnson wore a pink T shirt on Miami Vice.

In my girl wardrobe I have several pink scoop neck T shirts, and since the day of my first one on one gender therapy appointment is shaping up to be a hot one, I may wear one of them with grey jeggings that day.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

My favorite color. Got bras, panties, nightgowns, jammies, tank tops, and shirts all in pink.

I've always loved pink and everything close to it like Lavender and I adore my purple.
    Give me anything from a soft light pink, through "in your face" blinding pink, pale lavender to Royal Purple and I'm a happy gal.

How all this translates to my dressing I don't know and don't really care. I just love these colors and always have.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Colours go in and out with the fashions, but in general Jen, I think you're right - I rarely see GG's in pink. There's no pink in my SOs wardrobe, for example.

However, I have to disagree with your statement that pink is just for girls and CDs. I have quite a lot of pink in my male wardrobe: T-shirts, polos, work shirts (OK, I'm a CD, so maybe not a good exemplar of my statement!) and it's very common to see guys in the city wearing pink shirts for work (often teamed, to my dismay, with a pink tie).

It's reasonably common to see pink dresses at weddings I guess, or on GGs glammed up for a night on the town, but for everyday wear, peach is probably about as close as you get.

Jemima
    x

Trends come and go. This spring, the hot colors in fashion seem to be deep red, and to some degree "coral", which is a type of pink.

While it is true that the traditional light pink may not be so much in vogue these days, darker pinks such as fuscia are still popular. I bought this dress just a month ago after the new spring lines had started to come out, and the color was described by the manufacturer as "raspberry" (with apologies to Prince). Sure looks like a dark pink to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jemima_bates View Post
    However, I have to disagree with your statement that pink is just for girls and CDs. I have quite a lot of pink in my male wardrobe: T-shirts, polos, work shirts (OK, I'm a CD, so maybe not a good exemplar of my statement!) and it's very common to see guys in the city wearing pink shirts for work (often teamed, to my dismay, with a pink tie).

Jemima
    x
    I agree - I have a pink dress shirt which goes well with a navy colored suit. I also have a pink tie (which I wear with a white shirt ). While I do have some pink in my femme wardrobe, it's not my favorite color - purple is, which also was/is my ex-wife's favorite.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jen

Well my wife and I have a pink scarf and cardigan that we share. With the exception of those items my wife is a neutral colour gal. For me as a Trans woman I own some workout clothes with pink in them but that is it. It also helps that I wear a green uniform each day ... limits the fashion choices.

Cheers

Marcelle
    Last edited by Marcelle; 04-26-2016 at 04:25 PM.

We grab at it because to us, pink attire defines the wearer as female. We want to feel as if we're female. The pink attire reinforces that feeling, same as changing the voice, changing the walk, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.