Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The color pink

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife has one pink bra and a sweater that is pink and nightgown that is pink that I bought for her and that's all she has. As for me I have a pink bra and one pair of pink panties and that's it. Wearing pink just isn't that big of a thing for me.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

in various shade of pink....panties, cardigan, dress, ballet slippers

I am attracted to pink. My SO is not. I agree that I am chasing the stereotype. I am looking to dress feminine, overtly. Liking pink is the same for me as liking high heels and flowy skirts. I am trying HARD to be feminine. My SO is not.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn , I only have few pink female items but I have about a half dozen pink shirts and probably a dozen pink neckties......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I like pink as an accent color. I have tennis shoes with pink accents and pink strings. I have a pair of pink hoops that I used to wear with a pink scrunchi. I don't remember ever wearing it as a primary color. I wear a little pink in male mode but that's specifically because of the message it sends. The first purse I ever carried in male mode was shiny hot pink and I loved it! Purses I carry now are bland in comparison. In girl mode I wear more black than anything.

I did a (very) quick google, and couldn't find it...

...I'm tempted to say there's a "famous" photo of some gangland/mafia type in a pink jacket - but can't be that famous as it didn't come up immediately...

Anyway, the pic appeared in an article (wish I'd book marked it), which basically said, (many) years ago, pink was indeed, very much a mans/macho colo(u)r

I know I like it - and I'm a guy ;-)

I love the colour pink,
    I even have a pink surfboard!
    And to answer your question, I never see GG's wearing pink, so maybe it is the colour for girls and CDers
    Rosie

I happen to like the color pink very much. It just appeals to me. I like all shades but especially pastel pink. This is just a personal preference. I do think that pink has a feminine connotation, so it has that value. However, I'm not really chasing a stereotype. I just like the color.
    It also seems to be a disarming color. Whenever I wear pink people seem to treat me in a softer, more polite way. I think it's a good color for CDs.
    Another color I like that seems to work out well is red. This has about the same effect on the people around me as pink does.
    Pink and even red do seem to be preferred by the younger type.
    As for the colors the GGs wear nowadays, well, in short I find their taste in clothes to be rather bland. I think they are avoiding pink and even red as they seem to be caught
    up in the idea that they need to imitate males in terms of clothing to be on equal terms with men.
    I have mentioned in a lot of posts my interest in the Lolita style. Here pastel pink and baby blue reign. Pastel green and purple are also common. I don't care about ther colors which might be common today. I wear the colors that appeal to my eye.
    I get by very nicely in the colors wear.
    Last edited by PattyT; 04-27-2016 at 06:54 AM.

My wife started finding sweaters for me last fall. Almost all of them pink. I don't think it was because I CD. She kept saying it was a good color with my skin tone. So I seem to be gathering a fair amount of pink clothing. I do have a suit with little pink dots in the skirt and jacket and had to hunt for the right silk blouse to go with it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    If you play golf, you probably watch PGA matches on TV, too. Pink shorts and even pants are not unusual on the pros. Might they be closeted CDers?
    You know golf is a sport where its expected that guys wear shirts and shorts that don't match.Some of the worst dressers out there.
    Go to a public course and you will see guys wearing a striped shirt with plaid shorts, just awful LOL
    You do see some pro guys wear pink and thats OK and accepted by many.
    I call golf pasture pool.
    I wear pink in guy mode and girl mode but I don't have many items in pink.

Silver Member
    A lot of women wear neutral colors. My wife is one of them. She uses scarves and jewelry to accent her look

Banned Read only
    Jen,
    The only shades of pink I have are two or three Tshirts, to dress something up I use red, my wife still has a selection of red clothes, but nothing in pink.

I do recall she had two reversible wrap skirts, one in blue/blue stripe and the other in pink/pink stripe, I loved them because a wrap and tie skirt will fit various sizes.

I hadn't planned to buy anything in pink and if you look through the racks you don't see much in pink, in retail or charity shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Are we cross dressers just chasing a stereotype? Or is it some sort of rebellion by a man wearing a color we aren't really "allowed" to wear?
    Sorry, but yes. And yes. IMO. And for some members here (not all), there seems to be a desire to send feminism back 50 years (in terms of what women should be).

I'm curious what the transwomen and GGs think about pink. Is "pink" just for girls and cross dressers?
    I don't have anything pink, like the pink that little girls wear. I also do not see it on adult women much. I do have a salmon colored sweater. That color works well with my coloring. When I see girlie-girl-pink on CDers I think it looks out of place and it does nothing for them in terms of overall style and sophistication given their age. I'm OK with seeing it on a MtF child though.

<edit> I forgot, I do have a pair of girly-girl-pink cotton pajama bottoms. They were on sale at Victoria's Secret and they're comfy. If they had come in a different color I likely would have chosen it. But this is something I do not wear in public.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-27-2016 at 01:18 AM.
    Reine

My wife has 2 pink button down blouses that she wear on rare occasion, but the color is fitting for her skin tone and hair. I on the other hand thought about it and don't remember ever having owned anything pink, male or fem. I do like the color but it just hasn't popped up on anything I had to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    If you play golf, you probably watch PGA matches on TV, too. Pink shorts and even pants are not unusual on the pros. Might they be closeted CDers?
    Guess that nails it... I am a closeted "golfer"

Banned Read only
    I like pink, although I tend to use it as more of an accent color, for accessories, than for clothing. It's a good color on me, but I don't often find garments I like that are pink. I tend to find that I wear blues or reds more than any other colors. My purse is pink - my fiancé got it for me as a birthday gift. My watch and phone are rose gold - which is pink enough anyway. I have several pieces of art glass jewelry that are pink, and I have some makeup palettes that feature pinks. I think I have one pink dress. My bathrobe is pink, as are some pajama bottoms I have.

So other than my purse and watch, I don't wear that much of it.

I tend to like more vibrant colors, and the pinks that are attractive to me are softer, more pastel shades. I guess it's not really my favorite color.

BTW, I like the way some of the local crossdressers I know dress. Sure, some of it is kind of out there, but I appreciate how much effort they put into their appearance. It's not that presentation is the be all, end all part of being a woman. It isn't, it's not even all that crucial. But I enjoy seeing people, men or women, who make an effort to look nice.

I have no feelings of guilt about expressing femininity. I think it's weird to have fought for the freedom to determine what you can wear, and then to criticize other women for making a different choice than you'd make. I guess it's internalized misogyny - since the "feminist" way is often the more masculine way. I mean sure, there are masculine women - I have no problem with that. But assuming that all us femmes could be butches if we'd just get with the program is just kind of gross to me. How are we free if we don't get to determine who we are?

I also know that it must be amazing to have the privilege to be able to wear literally anything and have no one mistake your gender. I suppose, though, that it's out of the question that people who lack that privilege might try to compensate for the lack of it via clothing choices? Just a random thought - probably doesn't happen in the real world. :/

Hi Jennifer. I think you're right about us chasing stereotype. My girlfriend is very feminine but do not have any pink outfit or shoes. However, It seems to me that it is just a period, a phase. When I start crossdressing and looking for women items, I bought some pink items: heels, halter top. The more I feel confortable with crossdreessing and the more I enhance my crossdressing skills (makeup, fitting wigs, ...), the more I tend to dress more like women of my age.I look for more common colors (black, brown, white) and just add to my outfit a more bright color article (yellow, purple, orange).

I find myself buying pink items then not wearing them. I guess I like the idea but not when it is on. The only pink I really wear is in my workout gear, I can't resist the Victoria's Secret VSX line. But still, the pink bra is not my go-to.

I love pink, en-femme or en-drab. I have pink dress shirts I wear to the office. My SO as well wears pink all the time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I've always loved pink and everything close to it like Lavender and I adore my purple.
    Give me anything from a soft light pink, through "in your face" blinding pink, pale lavender to Royal Purple and I'm a happy gal.

How all this translates to my dressing I don't know and don't really care. I just love these colors and always have.
    I'm with Cheryl I love all the colors between Pink and Purple as they look good with my skin tone. My wife has some pink in her wardrobe but she does wear more brown and oranges because of her hair color and skin tone.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I support Jen's hypothesis. I personally love pink, and I think -- actually, I know -- I gravitate toward it because it's part of my typical overblown TG ultra-femme approach; chasing an ideal that's been taboo for most of my life. My wife rarely wears pink on a daily basis, unless it's something in a subtle shade and only for a casual or non-business outing. However, pink is prominent in her lingerie chest, just as it is mine...

For the record, I wore my pink dress shirt in drab today. I have had that shirt forever. When I had my CDing super repressed I still loved that shirt. I think it was because of my underlying situation.

I'm curious what the transwomen and GGs think about pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I have no feelings of guilt about expressing femininity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I don't have anything pink, like the pink that little girls wear.
    I have never been big on that pink-pink color for myself.

After my partner died in 2014, I re-evaluated my life. After 38 + years, of just living to pass/blend/invisible. I am determined to start actually LIVING MY LIFE again. Not just blend or be invisible anymore.

I have gotten many colors and styles of clothes that I would have never worn in those years. At 64 + it is like a re-transition of the early years, of letting people see ME. Some things work some don't. I have gotten compliments from some of the TG/TS and CDs and "GGs" that know me, and from many regular women. Some men are giving me smiles and chatting me up again, even those careful looks from men with their wives.

I have some dark pink undies and intimate wear. I have since tried some rose-pink and coral-pink dresses. I have recently gotten a dark hot pink dress with black palm trees. Haven't worn it out yet but will on a nice sunny warm day.

I have never been a feminist, but I do believe in some of what they say and do. Back then other TS would say to be bland and blend in, it gets to be a bad habit. I want to express my femininity also, and I am not ashamed of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post
    I have never been a feminist, but I do believe in some of what they say and do. Back then other TS would say to be bland and blend in, it gets to be a bad habit. I want to express my femininity also, and I am not ashamed of that.
    Georgette, you mention feminism in the same breath as being bland and blending in. That's not the way I see feminism at all. I'm a feminist through and through, and I'm all for not hiding my femininityl! I love being a woman and showing it but, I do so in a way that is powerful. "I am woman, hear me roar" sort of thing. This means avoiding styles that have traditionally portrayed women (in the culture that I live in) as weak little girls. And the color girly-girl-pink is very much a part of that ... as are other things, like little girl type dresses with flounces, ribbons and bows, etc, for example the Lolita look. I also step away from styles that portray women as sex objects, because part of my feminine power, as I see it, is competency. I want men to see what I bring to the table more than focusing on my boobs, butt, or legs.

I think that men who prefer women in pink or frills, or low-cut blouses and short, tight skirts have a subconscious desire to keep women "in their place". And for this reason, I don't wear those things. They're just not who I am. There are lots of other ways to be feminine and to show power at the same time.

... and no, I don't mean the "domme" style, for anyone who might be thinking that.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-27-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Reine

a number of woman in my life are presently bemoaning the boring colours on offer for them in the shops presently, and they do wear pink. While I love pink, i discover my wardrobe has pink actually in a very small minority. In due use, pink is like any other colour; part of our spectrum. The worry for me is the unisex trend is creating the worst of both worlds!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er