Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you cook like a girl?

Aspiring Member
    I'm not sure how the heck a girl cooks. Between Mum and Dad, my cooking resembles Mum because she taught me.
    Based on sometimes_miss's description, I'm also similar to a mother with a secret recipe - although it's less of a secret recipe than removing or adding parts of the recipe to taste at my own discretion.

I'd say my cooking is like that of a typical person, but my attention to detail in this aspect is comparatively lacklustre. I have a simple and rather coarse taste; delicate tastes and subtle flavours often elude me. I barely tolerate anything exceedingly pungent. The rest is arguably engineering, although I'm not very precise either as I usually cook for myself to get stuffed.

Also, I left any possibility of cooking en femme at the door - I could do without the additional trappings that weigh me down, and I don't want my wig to be affected by oil, fumes and whatnot. For the record I use an induction cooker, but my choice of attire (at least till I grow out my hair) is a matter of practicality. A stereotypical French maid outfit with an extra short skirt is clearly out of the question; I cook in a T-shirt and shorts, almost never an apron.

Side note to be taken with a salt shaker: in my distant memory I recall a pizza restaurant commenting that men tend to put a lot of sauce on their food, preferring intense flavours, while women prefer more delicate and milder flavours. I am unsure if this is true, but it's not something I actually bothered to observe.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 07-14-2016 at 10:26 AM.

I like to cook and I do so from time to time. Division of labour means that I am the clean-up person mostly. However here is a more important question-- Do you like to do the house cleaning? I find I like making the house sparkle. My daughter once told me that I made a better housewife than her mother.

I learned to cook after my wife was not able to stand for long periods of time. Most of what I cook are things she either taught me or have learned since her passing. My food is basic stuff and a lot of box stuff since it is only my daughter and I.
    Cerra, those pork chops in pineapple juice with potatoes and onions with a side of applesauce sounds great!
    Nikki, no I do not do food art! It would definately flop for me!
    Note that there is a merit badge in Boy Scouts for cooking. So I do not think it is related to gender!! (LOL)
    Hugs Lana Mae

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Forgot to add my specialty is my wife's recipe for potato salad! My sister in law and her neighbor ordered a batch for next week! Tried to charge them for it , they said they would furnish the potatoes!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    As already stated, cooking is "gender neutral".
    After all, we all must eat.

Personally, I have always loved to cook and bake
    I have even had part time jobs as a chef's helper when I was in my teens.

Presently, due to life's events, I am living alone .
    So I do a lot of cooking.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 07-16-2016 at 12:43 PM.

I cook with love, season to taste, and still find it void of gender qualification.

Considering I cook with more flare and style than my wife I would say no. I have found a passion for me is to cook. My wife calls me her personal chef. I love the complement being I am a driver. I do most of my cooking in boy mode as to not get my girl clothes dirty. Even when cooking in a dress I have on sneakers, then slip heels on for the table.

Yes i can cook Anything

i cook, clean and do everything like a girl

I make reservations as a woman and take home doggie bags as a woman who is a terrible cook !......great at take away!!!

I was a sous chef for a time so I think I cook pretty ok. My GF never complains anyway
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Absolutely NOT!! I can't stand to cook for myself. Julia Child this gurl is not.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Oh yes I cook. For me, I had to cook when I was married. (Called self-preservation) My ex could never make the same meal twice. On the other hand, she knew a million ways to ruin chicken. My mom taught me to cook. I put together a lot of special occasion meals, cooked a flock of turkeys, really most anything. I do cook dressed sometimes, and the very first thing to do is put on an apron. ( Grandma was no dummy!)

Even single, I still cook for myself. It's so blasted expensive for take out. And I hate microwave food. I discovered a really neat trick on the grill. Light one side (Gas, it's easier) lay whatever out of the unlit side, shut the lid. That indirect heat cooks a bit slower, but you end up with juicier meats, and waaay less chance of burning it to a crisp. Try grilling a pizza sometime. (Indirect heat again) Actually makes a frozen one rather good, with a touch of smoky flavor.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

I guess I do. I love to cook. When drab, I cook like a guy. Most of the time, though, I'm dressed. I'm more detailed and organized. I wear an apron, add extra touches, and move slower. Being dressed makes the whole experience more fun and pleasurable. Sometimes I have to stop and primp. 💄💋👠 A glass of wine is nice. 🍷

I'm the cook in the house... my wife will pick up the take-out menu before picking up a pan.

Now I will say that I don't think cooking is a gender based thing, but there is an attitude about cooking which could be categorized that way. One can do 'functional' cooking or one can do 'fancy' cooking. Perhaps the OP was thinking 'fancy' when they said 'like a girl'.

I love doing 'fancy' cooking for people I care about. (I will often do 'fancy' cooking just for myself) I want people to *remember* meals I make.

- Kitty / Moose
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I'm not much of a cook. I really only cook for myself when I have to.

I am a better cook when I dress.