The phrase "gender fluid" appears to be the phrase du jour to describe those of us who exist somewhere between the gender binaries. While searching for an official crossdressers.com definition for this phrase, alas it was not included in Reine's awesome reference list. Thus I went to Google. Here is what Google returned:

Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances.

Thus in much the same way that many of you dispute being transgender, because there is nothing trans about your gender, I dispute being referenced as gender fluid, as there is nothing about my gender identity that is fluid. How I internally identify is not fluid in anyway, it in fact is quite static. How I choose to present on any given day, that changes for sure.

Before you tell me so.... yes I know humans should not be labeled, only soup cans...... blah blah blah. I know. But I in fact do not dislike labels, when they are self applied. What I prefer are clear definitions. Unfortunately, clear definitions are often difficult in an ever changing language. And especially when everyone technically considered to be part of the group can't even agree on the definitions.

I am curious, is there an "official" definition for gender fluid? And if not how exactly would you define the phrase gender fluid?