Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a question of equitability and hypocrisy

I hope I would be calm and accepting but until it happens you do not know what your emotions will dictate

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I hope I would calm and accepting but until it happens I do not know what my emontions will dictate

Banned Read only
    I had to chuckle somewhat when I read your posting. Back in the 1950's there were some guys who did try to make it appear they were more endowed that they actually were by rolling up a sock and putting it into their pants. Idiots! Girls were quick to make jokes about them.

If a woman wants to wear guys clothing, it seems they can pretty much get away with it. It is not taboo. I've seen some pretty sexy looking hot chicks working construction wearing steel toed boots, jeans, flannel shirts and hard hats. They can't full me. They suffer from the same problem trying to provide an illusion. It is their face. Their smile.

I've seen pictures of my wife's cousin's daughter who is transitioning from a woman to a man. He has the stature and facial features that is going to make it difficult to guess his biological sex. I suppose that is good for him moving through the prying eyes of society.

If my wife were to decide to put on a false beard and stuff a sock in her groin area, I'd support her. Forget trying to strap down her breasts. That's not going to work. Being a cross dresser has made me more accepting of others, no matter how they may be different from me.

My wife doing this would not change my beliefs concerning my cross dressing. It would still be my 'private affair.' Except for Halloween I'm not strutting myself down the street.

I told my SO she could try one of my male boxers. She took me up on it LOL and she has worn them and said they feel good. OH boy, girls can wear anything. But we are weird of we put panties on. But she does wear skirts some times and that's good enough. I hope I haven't started anything... LOL
    Part Time Girl

A: me in boy mode...no arm in arm, but if that's what "he" wants then how can I be hypocritical and deny "him" the same things I have asked for??
    B: so long as "he" prefers women (ME that is) then let me fix my face and put on something cute and lets go.

I don't think it would change anything about how we feel about each other. As for other aspects, well, I hope "he" like yard work, home repairs and shoveling snow. I'm not about to break a nail repairing the car, but I can guarantee that "he" will not want for anything at home.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have never been married, so this is an issue I have never had to face. If I was married, I could not in good conscience expect my spouse to live by a different standard.

If someday I achieve my goal of transitioning fully to a woman, I think it would be great to have a transman as a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I told my SO she could try one of my male boxers. She took me up on it LOL and she has worn them and said they feel good. OH boy, girls can wear anything. But we are weird of we put panties on.
    Again, we wind up with the 'I just wear girl clothing because it's more comfortable' fallacy. Women's clothing is generally NOT more physically comfortable. For us, it's 'psychologically' comfortable when we wear girl clothes. For women, it's physically comfortable to wear men's clothes. There is a big difference. We're trying to feel feminine. They're just trying to get rid of the irritation of wearing clothes that itch and scratch their skin, pull tight in areas which irritate them. My male Dockers briefs are the most physically comfortable things I own. Thicker cotton than the big three (Hanes, Fruit of the loom, Jockey), and better put together. would I be surprised if a woman found them comfortable as well? Not at all. But women don't wear men's briefs to try to appear manly; we wear women's clothes to feel and appear womanly, even to the point of wearing a bra that has no physical function at all. Has anyone known a TG/TS woman to wear a jockstrap? I hesitate to ask that in a FTM forum.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Again, we wind up with the 'I just wear girl clothing because it's more comfortable' fallacy. Women's clothing is generally NOT more physically comfortable. For us, it's 'psychologically' comfortable when we wear girl clothes. For women, it's physically comfortable to wear men's clothes. There is a big difference. We're trying to feel feminine. They're just trying to get rid of the irritation of wearing clothes that itch and scratch their skin, pull tight in areas which irritate them. My male Dockers briefs are the most physically comfortable things I own. Thicker cotton than the big three (Hanes, Fruit of the loom, Jockey), and better put together. would I be surprised if a woman found them comfortable as well? Not at all. But women don't wear men's briefs to try to appear manly; we wear women's clothes to feel and appear womanly, even to the point of wearing a bra that has no physical function at all. Has anyone known a TG/TS woman to wear a jockstrap? I hesitate to ask that in a FTM forum.
    I disagree. You cannot speak for how all women feel and I do not think you are accurate. I have worked with several women and had a few neighbors who dressed frequently in items of men's clothing and they commonly explained that they like the look or the appearance. Women do not seem to simply wear men's clothing because it is more comfortable. And I am not sure that all men who crossdress wear female clothing simply to feel womanly or to appear womanly. Many on this site admit that they always maintain their masculinity even when dressed. I do not feel womanly when dressed. I feel sexy and I like how I feel, but I do not feel womanly and do not even know what it is like to feel womanly. And many on this site who are crossdressers admit that they underdress, or only wear heels, or only wear ladies night wear in private, or still maintain their beards or facial hair when dressed. Most crossdressers know they do not appear to be female when dressed but do so anyway because it feels good. It is not for the womanly appearance. Can a 6 foot, 275 pound, muscular, hairy guy ever appear to be womanly when dressed? Yet we do because it feels good. We probably will never know why we wear women's clothing but we do so because of the pleasure it gives us and if some of us think we feel or appear womanly, that is fine. But it is not the reason we crossdress. It is more a side effect of crossdressing. And there is a double standard of acceptance society has related to crossdressing. It is generally OK for women to wear men's clothing but society is generally not OK with men wearing women's clothing. That's just the way it is.

Pamela,

Very interesting conversation you've started. I have enjoyed reading most of the comments above. So I guess I'll add my two cents...

First, my wife and I have a deal about my dressing. Not around our son, and not fully dressed outside the house. With those requirements known...

A
    One: Yes would fully support her decision and go shopping with her.
    Two: Vastly, where I would accept it and go with whatever she wanted to experience, she is more reserved and I doubt she would leave the house.
    Three: This question would be hard for me to answer, my Chrystal ball is broken and seeing the future is quite difficult when looking at someone else's views or what might happen. Although I have told her that she is my soul mate and have told me the same several times. I believe if I was in guy mode I would still be accepting of her. Though I am sure her family would have some concerns...

B
    One: Well anytime we go shopping for clothes I have always thought of myself in "girl mode" so there wouldn't be a difference, except that I was with a good looking guy.
    Two: well I would impose the same requirements and restrictions she put on me when we first set out the ground rules.
    Three: I would still have the same answer as I put above if I was in guy mode.

@--}----
    Michelle