Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because I crossdress,

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Because I crossdress,

I am enriched with this whole other exciting world to explore, experiencing it from the tactile softness of what a female gets to experience. And I love it.

How about you? What's your benefit from crossdressing?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Great point Carla! From a phsycological perspective I find I'm A MUCH nicer person (even en drab)...and I love skinny jeans and Moncler jackets, now I get to wear them all the time 😀 seriuosly, the Moncler Berre, like wrapping yourself in cotton candy without all the sticky residue 😃

I honestly don't really know. I know I like doing it. I look forward to the next opportunity. I like the feel of the clothes. I like looking feminine and try to look as pretty as I can. I love posting pictures on here and people saying I look nice. When it comes to changing back, I don't really want to.

But I don't know why I like it. I just do.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 04-30-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Yeah I love the feel of the cloths and makeup, but the biggest thing I've gotten out of being a crossdresser has been me not want anyone else to feel alone or ashamed like I have in the past. So I listen to what people say and I try not to judge. Alot of friends have opened up to me about things they don't tell anyone else because of this.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by amy1989 View Post
    Alot of friends have opened up to me about things they don't tell anyone else because of this.
    Great point Amy!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I celebrate the inner female in me by dressing. It is fulfilling because it brings that femininity to the surface. I'm closeted. I do it for myself, and I don't go out dressed. No one has ever seen me in female attire, only those on this site, in the very occasional pictures I've posted here over the years. Dressing completes something in me that was missing for a good part of my life. I wish I had embraced it in my 20s, instead of pushing it into the back of my mind, and trying to suppress the feelings.

Since I have a bit more money available these days, I'm celebrating by dressing a bit more now, buying items online (albeit being careful not to go crazy) and giving in to the Pink Fog that before, I simply had to disregard since I was financially not able to.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I think 1 of the biggest things Ive gotten is knowing Ive helped someone else with something Ive said or done. I came here to talk about why I do what I do. What Ive gotten is priceless, Ive made new friends, Ive learned about people in general, how diverse we are. Yes I enjoy talking about fashion, clothes, boots, shoes. But the biggest thing is helping and making new friends.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah7391 View Post
    I honestly don't really know. I know I like doing it. I look forward to the next opportunity. I like the feel of the clothes. I like looking feminine and try to look as pretty as I can. I love posting pictures on here and people saying I look nice. When it comes to changing back, I don't really want to.

But I don't know why I like it. I just do.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

I have expanded who and what I am to include the female me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    What's your benefit from crossdressing?
    Funny thing is that I don't think that I have considered it in terms of "benefit", but surely there is.

For me, I think there's an internal part and an external part.

The internal part has to do with what I derive from looking in the mirror when dressed. It feels good that the veneer matches a specific part of the insides. And yes, the tactile sense does come into play. For me it is silk, satin and wool, in that order.

The external part has to do with a slight shift in perspective. DeeAnn is very similar to Don in thought processes, etc. but DeeAnn is probably more willing to take things as they are. DeeAnn is probably a bit more social and a bit calmer, in general, than Don. I think, from DeeAnn's point of view, that this shift is a great opportunity to learn some things that would be difficult otherwise. I would hope that greater understanding of the women in our lives would result.

DeeAnn

Added to many of the previously mentioned benefits I have an unusual one to add.

Since I love to underdress all of the time it means that I'm always underdressed at work too. Most of the time I'm taking it easy just operating equipment but once in awhile things break and we have to fix them. I worry about what would happen if I got hurt and my clothes got ripped or had to be removed to do first aid so I try to be extra careful. Crossdressing has made me a safer person.

Liz
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

I agree with DeeAnn, there may be a 'benefit' but the bottom line is a choice to express that needs to be acknowledged.
    Trisha

There are some wise replies here that resonate with me. I too feel that embracing my female side has made me a calmer, more tolerant and caring person and this change continues 24/7 regardless of what I am wearing at the time. I understand and relate better to my wife for sure. The benefits for me are huge and I feel them every minute of the day. My wife has noticed the change as well so it is not just in my head. My advise is, if you are having a bad day and feel angry or bitter about something, it is time to slip into a skirt and relax!

Sandy

As said before, whatever I am wearing my brain is the same even if since I embraced crossdressing I am more calmer. Crossdressing encourage me to be more opened to my own feelings and to be more considerate to others' feelings.
    To be more pratical, I would say :
    - I find a new very fun and very relaxing hobby,
    - I understand why girls like fashion so much (so many kind of dresses, heels, makeup)
    - I understand that girls' fashion can be complicated and sometimes frustrating (e.g. this dress looks great but not on me)
    - I figure out why makeup is so important.

The downsides are that crossdressing costs me some money (but like any other hobby) and above all it comes with the burden of the secret.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Hi Carla,

I'm with you on this one, completely. Because I crossdress, I get and I take the chance to explore and experience a good part of the female world that is visible, but seemingly inaccessible, to most men.

The pleasure of wearing the wonderful fabrics that are softer and more sensual, with every conceivable hue and style available. The fun and frustration of trying to master makeup. And like many others, I feel it softens me and makes me gentler and more mellow and accepting. And it gives a sense of liberation.

Kids at some point when they're growing up will generally explore the idea of spending a day as a member of the opposite sex and guessing what it would be like. Well, I (or perhaps we collectively), have followed through on this one and have found it to be so good on the other side that I want it to be a permanent thing in my life, not for just one fleeting day.

This may sound a little odd, but I'm not just pleased that I am a crossdresser, but I am in a small way proud that I've had the courage to pursue this...and not to just stand on the outside and look through the window of the female world, but to have walked right through the front door, literally and figuratively. And I love it. It enriches my life, too, to use your words.

Love, Michelle
    Michelle

Years ago I use to have quite a bit of time to dress up when I had my own company.
    It was so exhilarating being dressed while working.

Now I'm luck to get about 3 hours maybe one a week.
    And now when I dress I get a certain level of anxiety worrying about someone coming home unexpectedly.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

in the beginning the benefits were very much sexual in nature, but as time passed, my general happiness, other people say I'm easier to be with; I'm a better person. That is benefit enough, but there is more; getting in touch with the real me; priceless.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Agreed, Pamela. It was very much sexual for me as well for a good number of years, and still can be on occasion, although I have found that, as time goes by, that has become less and less. But after joining this site some years ago, and reading about others' experiences, I found that I too, have become in touch with the 'real me'.
    Last edited by Piora; 05-03-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Aspiring Member
    I get a great relief from stress.

I also look much younger dressed as a woman and feel younger too!

It feels right most days

I have become much more tolerant of people . I have become more at ease with myself. Cross-dressing is a great release I find it soothing to wear a dress exhilarating to wear high heels. I dress my age Which is 70 and try not to be conspicuous I do not get out very often but I enjoy my time at home as Wanda. I am in the closet and I only have myself and this site to keep me company but I am content for I have found myself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I feel much more the person I feel inside.
    Not the ugly mean nasty guy I used to be.

It just feels right and like others it has made me a better person

I feel that we crossdressers actually live a richer life that the drab men who seems to have the highest suicide on record. I think it takes stress off and the fabrics are so soft and feel so good. The makeup, moisturizers and facial soap is really nice things we never knew about. Even the perfume is quite different and feels good to wear it.
    Part Time Girl

I do feel much more alive in high heels, I love the sound of them on the hard floor. It does feel SO RIGHT.