Thread: Successful hotel check in.

Successful hotel check in.

Hello Ladies, I've been a member here for a while but don't post much due to time constraints and being in the closet. Last week however I had three days of unrestricted Michelle time and wanted to share my experiences. My wife was out of town for the week and I decided to make the most of it. I booked a room at a hotel a good 45 min away as not to worry about running into friends or family. I left my house fully dressed and done up and went to visit a friend in Davis that knows me only as Michelle. We hung out and had a nice lunch together. After lunch I headed to the motel to check in. Now I've dressed in hotels many times but I've never checked in dressed, this would be a first for me. I was wearing an orange sheath dress with a high conservative neckline, black flats and a cute dark grey sweater. Not the best blending outfit but not over the top for daytime Sacramento either. I was a little early on a Monday and it was pretty quiet at the front entrance. I was a little nervous but I just drove up and got out like it was no big deal. Inside my heart was hammering away a mile a minuet but I tried to walk slow and look normal and confidant. Two nice young ladies were working the front desk, they both smiled warmly and said hi. I walked up to the desk and checked in. No drama, no fuss, nothing. It was completely normal, boring and yet utterly fantastic! She treated me like I was just another woman checking in and was very nice. I passed a couple of other customers coming in on my way back to the car to get my luggage but they didn't even notice me. So for any of you ladies thinking about doing this I'd say just do it! It was really no big deal and I will always check in dressed from now on.
    I proceeded to come and go from the hotel over the course of that night and the next day dressed passing both employees and other guests without any issues. Tuesday night I went out with a guy friend and a CD friend to dinner and had drinks downtown. That was also a blast but not quite as empowering as checking into the hotel alone was. My wife came home Thursday night. It was so nice to have her back but so sad to put away Michelle again. I hope you all enjoyed my little story and if you're reading this trying to get up the courage to leave the house for the first time find encouragement. By no means do I pass but I've found if I keep my head up, shoulders back, act confidant and smile a lot I do fine. I'l try to attach a pic I took just after I checked in minus the sweater.
    Last edited by Michelle colson; 05-29-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Miss Michelle, I know what you mean, i checked one time up in Northern Wyoming, and the lady there had not ever check in a girl like us before, it taken her by surprise, the manager came and finish the check in a wish me a good night, but yes it nice to be able to go as dress as we like and be treated nice. It sounds like you really had a great time, and i know it nice to see your SO also. Thanks for sharing. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

No telling how many hotels I've checked in to en femme, bit I've never quite gotten used to it. I have to speak and I have to show ID. Two uncomfortable situations. To me, though, the most uncomfortable part about staying in hotels is the elevator. Unless I'm lucky enough to be alone, there's just no situation where I'm comfortable. The most uncomfortable is when there are kids. I can spend multiple days en femme and never encounter a situation more nerve wracking than the hotel elevator.

Congratulations on passing a major hurdle!

Aw, come on Michelle! Of course it was uneventful. You're still in the San Francisco area, they expect anything! Just kidding, I had no problems in middle Tennessee last month. Small town an hour east of Nashville, but got thru the process just as fast and easy as my drab self would have
    Rhonda Jean is right about elevators, you never are sure of yourself. Last one I got in had a high school wrestling team in it!
    Nice kids, well behaved.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Banned Read only
    M:

You have discovered an important data point. While there are never any assurances about our relative safety and the degree to which we are noticed, usually our fears are much greater than the reality. It's not an excuse to just go crazy, but it is good reason to relax a bit and enjoy the moment.

Good Luck and continued success,

DeeAnn

Thanks for encouraging replies. Strangely enough showing id and credit card didn't bother me as much as expected. Maybe it was the demeanor of the employees or just me feeling confident. I do hate elevators too though. Luckily this hotel had nice outside stairs that I could use. I only took the elevator twice when I had my heavy suitcase. I figured a GG wouldn't lug her suitcase up the stairs so neither should I.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I have found the hotel / desk clerks to be accepting, I am sure they would rather see one of us come to check in vs a bus load of complaining tourists.

Funny thing happened to me a couple of months ago, I walked up to the front desk with my luggage in tow to get checked in, dug through my purse and handed them my CC and ID, and they quickly found my reservation and I signed the paper and pushed it across the counter back to the two guys working the desk.

Next I am expecting my keys to my room to be handed to me across the counter too, but that did not happen. Instead the clerk took it upon himself to exit from the behind the check in counter and come around and hand it to me personally. I thought that was ODD....but whatever .....thinking to myself as I walked away to my room that you desk boys just wanted to see my long sexy nylons covered legs................. so come on boys and get your eyes full of this lady.....

So that is the only odd thing I have happen checking in at a hotel as Lauri
    Last edited by Lauri K; 05-01-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: shityy typos
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Silver Member
    Way to go! You've become a hero to me, in the way you own your femininity, even though, as you say, you don't pass. And your reward is being treated like it's No Big Deal. Perfect! I hope you get many, many more chances to get out and just be yourself.

Nice post glad it was a fun outing

Lauri, that was weird. Maybe he is a closet CD and wanted to get a better look at your outfit!
    Suzanne, thanks for the kind words.

I'm so glad to hear about your terrific experience! Last summer I kind-of got the "to hell with everything, I'm going to do it" attitude and went shopping. I was very considerate and mannerly, and everyone was just terrific in return. At 6'3" tall with no shoes, I definitely garner second looks, and I'm sue many women knew that I was a guy (still working on the walk, and the talk... ugh! My Achilles' heel!). In any case, it was an absolutely wonderful experience. I truly believe you "get what you give" in most cases :-)

God to read your post - thank you for sharing! I recently had a trip but I checked in as a male, as I came straight from the airport. Once in my room I changed completely and due to time constraints, decided to order in pizza. When the delivery guy came, I met him fully dressed with my makeup on. I invited him into the room while I got the money to pay him.
    I got a surprised look when he first saw me, but no negative comments and only a smile and a polite thank you when I tipped him.
    Next time, I hope to get the opportunity to do the whole thing en-femme, from check-in to check-out, as you did.
    Thanks again for sharing your story.
    Di

I done that quite a few times and never had a problem. I remember at a Windym Hotel. When I checked out I was in heels and nice denim skirt and felt good walking through the big area that they had for people to gather. I dropped the key at the desk and proceeded out and the bell hop was handing us our suit cases and we were packing them in. They opened the door for me to get in and then said "Be safe going home." I pulled my long legs in and the shut the door and off we went.
    Part Time Girl

Hi Michelle,

Well, another checkmark for you, awesome. I know how nerve-wracking it is to check in. I've never had the slightest issue but it always makes me nervous. The desk clerks have never let on that they're talking to anything other than a woman. Once I thanked the clerk when i walked into the lobby to leave and she was super friendly. Another time I walked in with a family with 2 boys. I don't like children to see me, it just seems wrong. If they noticed they didn't act like it.

Rhonda, yeah, the elevator is another place that's dicey, although the only issue I had was 3 adults in Vegas who obviously spotted me. As I stood behind them, they were completely silent, but I could see them looking at each other. We picked up more people on the way and I was totally freaked out and sweating when I exited.