Thread: Need Encouragement

Aspiring Member

Need Encouragement

I make a very attractive woman and am quite passable.

I have yet to go out as Martha. Have been a couple of female characters for costume parties.

I would like some encouragement from you ladies so that I will be able to go out as a woman.

Thanks ladies.

Hi Martha
    If you can pass that well just go for it. Don't let your inhibitions hold you back.

well Martha all I can say is if you do , own it & you wont be sorry, best wishes to you.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Good Morning, Martha, You look great and pass well enough that nobody is going to notice. Just go some place where you will not likely meet someone you know, and a place where the other people are more interested in what they are doing than looking at other people. Also don't wear noisy heels, unless everyone else wears heels there, as they tend to make you stick out, So chin up and go for it, you are a lovely lady. Hugs in advance.

Martha,
    You look terrific keep a low profile and go for it. Good luck

Aspiring Member
    Thanks ladies.

I so thoroughly enjoy dressing and acting like a mature woman. I have also become more effeminate as well.

I think a trip to a coffee house or tea room would be appropriate. Or to a museum.

I thoroughly enjoy my feminine side and feel just SOOOO relaxed when dressed.

I'll let you know.

Enjoy - coffee and a museum should be about right

Banned Read only
    Martha, you believe you are "quite passable" as a genetic woman but you have never been out. So how do you know?

Let me state that whether you are passable or not, you can go out. Don't set the bar so high that one eye roll or one double take crashes you back to earth. I go out. I do not pass as a genetic woman. Dress for the venue, time and stay age appropriate and you will be fine.

Aw Martha, you look great and should have no problem going out. Perhaps go to a movie and a bite to eat. You will find that your fears are far bigger than the threat.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    Martha - If your picture is a good representation of your appearance, you should go out and enjoy yourself.

Banned Read only
    The way I see it, if you look like a woman and you want to look like a woman...get out there en femme and enjoy being able to act like a woman (vent some of the pink steam) 😄

Reality Check
    Instead of a coffee house or tea room, I suggest something simpler the first few times out. Go to the park (dressed appropriately) and walk around or sit on the benches. Go to the mall and window shop. Activities that don't require you to speak and interact with other people. Once you get confident being out as a woman and once you get your voice down, you can go to places where to interact with others.

I agree with the idea of just being out there in simple settings.
    I would go to museums, WASH DC has quite a few in central location. Same with malls. After a while I would then go to shop in the malls. Before you know it, it will become 2nd nature.

I think you would be able to fit in really well!! Go out and do something simple like some of the ladies have suggested. You will be fine!
    Please call me Lisa!

Platinum Member
    Hi Martha , Looking at your pictures it's my thought that the only thing that might give you away may be your voice......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I do tend to have a close to a woman's voice. Many times when I am on the phone, or if someone is talking to me and not looking at me, I have thought of as a woman. I have been called Miss or M'am quite a bit.

This tends to help.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    The way I see it, if you look like a woman and you want to look like a woman...get out there en femme and enjoy being able to act like a woman (vent some of the pink steam) 😄
    Yes I do want to look like a woman. I make a fairly attractive one as well!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I feel so relaxed and great when dressed as Martha!

I think that a good first time outing is a shopping trip to a woman's-only store. While you will have to talk, you will get positive affirmation from the SAs. Also, depending on the park and the time of day, you could poddibly run into someone who just wants to ruin your day. Physically, if you get my meaning.

I would suggest a Dress Barn. I've gone to several in several different states and have always received outstanding treatment. I've seen a lot of other posts from girls that would agree with me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Reality Check
    Steffi, obviously, parks in your part of the country are different from mine or we are talking about different kinds of parks. I'm thinking of nice parks in the downtown or tourist part of the city where mothers take their children to play, local residents jog and business people come to eat their lunches.

Your location states "Nation's Capital" and I'm assuming Washington, DC. Surely a crossdresser would be safe in the daytime walking around the Washington Monument and the Memorials. Not dressed as a hooker of course, but dressed to walk in the park. Like a typical tourist.

Yes, a crossdresser would probably be safe on the mall in DC during the day. But there have been a lot of murders in DC, and I wouldn't feel safe after dark. I actually live in the suburbs of DC, and normally take the Metro (train) in. I'd be more concerned about the train, because once the train leave the station, you're locked in. But then, maybe I'm just a scaredy cat. I've been out in public, but I either go with friends or check out the venue in advance.

I may actually go to DC in a couple of weeks.

I was actually thinking of smaller local parks that are more isolated. Once my family and I went to a park with a good view of the Potomac River. I quickly figured out it was a gay man's pickup place. Not that I was afraid, but I didn't want to have to explain to my daughter what two guys were doing hugging each other.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

As long as you're passable, no problem. Malls are very safe places. Shop 'til you drop, girlfriend!

Reality Check
    I wouldn't feel safe on the Metro dressed as a woman. Same for a bus, streetcar or whatever. And of course, if things aren't working out, you're stuck until the next train, etc. comes along. With your own car, you can move on or go home whenever you want to.

There are a lot of murders in most big cities these days and it's a shame, but they are mostly confined to certain areas and the other parts of the city are pretty safe.