Thread: So this week I told my daughter and my best friend that I'm a gender-fluid CDer...

So this week I told my daughter and my best friend that I'm a gender-fluid CDer...

...and, as I figured, they were both understanding and ok with it.

I've held this in for so long it's really a relief to tell those close to me.

Now, of course there are people in my life who won't be so cool with it.

(sure wish I had a garage. If I go out fully dressed, I will have to walk in front of any neighbor who's out and about. One neighbor knows already, because they shop the same thrift-store sales I do, and I often run into them with a cart full of feminine stuff)

Shaved my chest today also. SO nice to have my natural B's smooth and succulent.

Now to lose some weight and get back to size 6 skinny-jean territory... (was 145 now 170)

It feels good to have opened up.

I'm sitting at a solid 247, so I'm envious of your 170. On to the main topic at hand, congratulations! Its always a relief to be open and honest with accepting individuals. Especially family.

It's a great feeling when you come out to close family and friends and they're ok with it
    Don't know if I'm alone in this, but since my step-daughter, sisters and some good friends got to know, actually dressing has become less important in a way ..
    .. having said which, I really feel like putting on a bra, panties, tights, top and skirt right now, and online buying a pretty pair of ballerina flats in Brit 13 too
    ( must be the booze ! )
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

hi anneliese,
    rule number one, cant leave the house dressed,
    so i underdress before i head out whenever i go to meetings and such,
    use the dashboard vanity, it sucks, but once the wig goes on its all good, used to try and find locations real privet, now i go for hiding in plane site, parking lots with cars in them, office parks after 5, it was really stressful at first, now i even tuck my bra into my male pants and just flip off my male shirt pull the straps over my shoulder and put on my top, then just fill the cups with my forms, im never technically nude so it should not be a problem if 5 0 should happen to see me.
    de-constuction is easier as i normally stay out till its dark most times anyway....getting it down pretty well at this point, wrap my wig in a towel then fold it over, keep all my things in those reusable grocery bags, purse in one, forms and wig with my top in another, shoes and extra makeup and wipes in another.....best part is if you have an emergency while out you have all your guy things....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Thanks for the supportive responses!

Last night I was thinking...wouldn't it be nice if there was an actual business where you could rent a changing room by the minute, hour, or small chunks of time? In cities there are a lot of us who could use this service, I believe. I know I would take advantage. Of course there would also be unisex bathrooms as a part of it as well. I would be out and about today if such a thing existed. I am far more concerned with neighbors than I am shopping or going somewhere I might be recognized.

This might be a solution.

https://www.airbnb.com/

I looked at rentals of single rooms in my city and most are $35-50 a day. Amazing!

They've got 'em in Japan.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/1...cial-about-it/

And in London...

http://www.the-crossdressing-room.co...thing-storage/
    Last edited by Anneliese; 05-07-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    sure wish I had a garage. If I go out fully dressed, I will have to walk in front of any neighbor who's out and about.
    That good feeling you get when you tell someone about yourself? You get that again when you can walk around your own property as yourself. It pays for itself over time. Only you know your own situation but it's something worth doing if you can.

Yes its great to be able to talk and be accepted, I have made what I think will be some close friends in my short time here,I have told a couple friends from the old list now and its been received well so far, Yes I have some that wouldnt be so cool either Im sure. Anneliese I can really relate to the relief, I carried this a long time by myself, Since talking Im very happy with me, being me and enjoying my life for a change. I only see things getting better from here on out. So nice, isnt it?
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Hi Anneliese ,
    in some cities there are indeed places you mention they also have dressing /transformation services too google in and see what pops up
    hugs phylis anne

Yes it is great, I told the last of my 4 daughters earlier this week, as for the neighbours - if they haven't noticed I recommend they see an optician
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Mykaa View Post
    Anneliese I can really relate to the relief, I carried this a long time by myself, Since talking I'm very happy with me, being me and enjoying my life for a change. I only see things getting better from here on out. So nice, isnt it?
    Yes it is!

I got a new long-haired wig with bangs today. I have lots of wigs, but none with bangs until today. My face is somehow immediately more feminized. Along with butt-pads and some size 5 Daisy Dukes, I'm ready to go outside> Of course, I can easily do it now. The sun hasn't yet come up. Yes, I realize it would be a good idea to try and blend in and be understated when I actually go out the first time in daytime...lol...but where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    Hi Anneliese ,
    in some cities there are indeed places you mention they also have dressing /transformation services too google in and see what pops up
    hugs phylis anne
    There is a transformation service in my city, and I've considered going there before.

I haven't yet found a place to just get dressed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    Yes it is great, I told the last of my 4 daughters earlier this week, as for the neighbours - if they haven't noticed I recommend they see an optician
    I often get the mail and dump trash dressed, so I could have been seen before, but large juniper bushes, which are going to be trimmed next week, hide me pretty well.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 05-08-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Anneliese,
    ask the transformation service if they rent out dressing space and lockers ,the one in seattle does and I belive the one in portland as well ,so thinking if they are well established where you are most likely they have an area for you otherwise I get a cheap room and make the maids wish it was 5 oclock somewhere
    hugs phylis anne

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    It feels good to have opened up.
    It feels wonderful!
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Hi Anneliese,
    So good to hear your doing well. Glad to hear that your family is accepting. Still in Hurricane and have a casita you can use anytime. Just PVT. Message me.

It is nice to read good news stories like yours especially when they include family.

Many family members are still cautious and do lean the opposite way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My best friend is a therapist, and my daughter now works in the LGBT community. My daughter also gave an impromptu speech on her college campus in memory of Matthew Shepherd. I raised her myself from the age of two to be accepting. Now that I've outed myself, I wonder why it took so long. One of my brothers is very accepting and, I'm sure, could be easily told. My other brother might be...interesting... He's a former accepting person who's gone to the dark side of redneckism, but I know when he's working by himself he still listens to showtunes and other music his employees and friends would...how shall I put it...question...

Congratulations ! I have a daughter, 29, that I intend to tell. Not because I need to, but because I think she would enjoy knowing me in a more complete way. She's an actor. I think we would have fun. My best friend is a more difficult question, for me. I feel more comfortable with women. With guys, its kind of like letting your side down .. lol

It would be such a good feeling indeed! Freedom and ease of mind.
    I have only felt this when I told my wife several years ago. I have not been able to confide in others, but perhaps in time opportunities will open up.
    Good luck to you!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Di