Thread: Attractive, or "Meh - take it or leave it"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Attractive, or "Meh - take it or leave it"

Someone said something in a thread that is prompting my question. I don't want to take the thread off track so I'm asking here.

Gendermutt, I'm quoting you but please know that I'm just using you as an example of sentiments I've read in this forum repeatedly. This isn't personal.

Here's the snippet of Gendermutt's post:

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    As I was doing so, I got a sudden feeling of wanting to wear what she was wearing, look like how she looked. ... It didn't take long at all for those feelings to start re surfacing. Imagining myself being one of the cheerleaders, I started noticing all the girls outfits...
    I'm assuming the girl at the bar was attractive and she had attractive clothes, the kind of girl that guys want to come onto. And cheerleaders are certainly cute in their cheerleader outfits that guys normally enjoy looking at.

So for those of you who long to be the women you see, it is strictly women that you feel are attractive, or do you think you would have the same longing to look like say, an overweight girl in the library wearing nondescript clothes (baggy jeans and baggy Tshirt) with straggly hair and pimples, or a harried-looking mom who still has quite a gut from childbirth, chasing after her kids, wearing no makeup and a burp-stained baggy sweatshirt with sneakers. I'm creating these specific mental images to make sure that when you read this, you won't have in your mind's eye an attractive girl at the library or a cute young mom. I really would like to compare your reactions to attractive women vs women who are not particularly attractive.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while. So would you want to also "be" that woman, if she is the type of woman that does not appeal or that people tend to ignore because there is no wow factor, or no factor at all, not even "not bad".
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-07-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    Reine