Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd dress more often if only. . . what are the barriers you face?

Unless we came out at a young age, I think most of us have contacts that we do not wish to disclose another side of our life.

We will always have skeletons in our cupboard.... Somewhere...
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Fully closeted married lifetime CD. Wife goes out of town during summer and I binge on clothes and playing the naughty sissy.

Think wife suspects something so hopefully will be able to come out to her eventually. We could have fun as she is very domme.

I live in a house with another man who has no idea of my CD escapades. I frequently look out the window to see if his car in the driveway. I only CD at home in lingerie, so my clothing changes can be quick, but it would be nice not to have to constantly keep an eye out.

Aspiring Member
    I am more of an under clothing dresser and it's haed to know what exactly I am wearing underneath, therefore there are no barriers, ok I lied. There are barriers since I do not wear underwear 24/7. and a lot of times I have no desire to crossdress.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

if only... I had no neighbors. Living in suburbia- i'm often trapped in my castle. I'll accept the fate of the princess if i must.

No- it's not the neighbors- a combination of societal acceptance and my own feelings of not being able to live up to the image i want to be.

Banned Read only
    The only barriers any of us face are solely in our own heads. The outside world is not conspiring against us.

I agree that barriers are mostly in our heads. And some people are the wives. But in general it is mostly in our heads and there is no people out there with pitchforks and fire to get you when you walk out your door.
    Part Time Girl

Jennifer, if I could do as great a job as you, I'd have no fear, as you look very feminine. You must have been working om your look for quite some time! Nice job!

Banned Read only
    PXD, this is an example of a self imposed barrier. I used to use that an excuse also. I do not pass as a genetic woman. I present the best I can for the location, time and event and that's it. I've been out regularly with the normals for only about 6 months. I fool no one with whom I interact and I am seemingly accepted at face value. If I can go out, anyone can.

And with some, it is the church they believe in, that is fine, but considers CDing a perversion and sin. jennifer at home, i agree that for you, and i think you are very close to passing, and shorter ones, it may be better. But, me at six foot six, 245, and other huge Cders, it would be a bit tougher to blend.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-11-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Jennifer has it right the barriers are placed there by you and no one else.

I probably will stick with what I can wear under my man clothes. I have a very deep radio type voice and I have HUGE shoulders. I would not fool anyone ever. Still, you look as good as CD can!

Silver Member
    I am happy in my closet. Though my wife is supportive, I've yet to go out and mingle, en femme. My barrier to that is my age (80 y/o) and very aged facial features that would greatly inhibit my even blending in.

As a teen living at home with little money and privacy, I couldn't fulfill my desire to crossdress. I didn't create that barrier and it wasn't in my head. But even if it were, breaching the barrier would have had real consequences.
    You may not have barriers except those in your head, but you can't tell others their barriers aren't real.

My barrier too is work. I dress every day on which I am not working.

My barrier is a 16 year old at home who does not know about Eva. If not for that, I would be able to dress more than once every several months or so.

I disagree (to a point) about the barriers only being in our heads. I have one very real barrier outside of myself. If the parents of my childrens friends (children today are much more open and will ultimately not care!) But the parents could limit or stop my children from playing with them because of their misconception of me. As in pervert, freak, weirdo, etc. I don't want to ever limit or hurt my childrens lives because of my needs. They come first. (But I do suffer from gender dysphoria, so I don't trivialize the difficulty this barrier creates!)