Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel a need for more social interaction when dressed at times?

Do you feel a need for more social interaction when dressed at times?

I live alone so can dress a fair amount. But lately I feel when I'm Jessica an almost over powering need to have social interaction. It can at times be as simple as talking to someone online or on the phone. Other times I so want someone to go shopping with, out to lunch, or simply relax at home talking and sharing a bottle of wine with someone. Just need some face to face communication. I do have a small number of female friends I'm out to but they are married and some have kids so their time is limited. But it just seems the need gets greater and greater as time goes by. Anyone else ever experience this.

You can always chat here.

I used to show a friend my new dresses and tell him how much I love the dresses but I could see he thought it was weird, So I told I told him I grew out of it.

But you can PM most of us to chat! AS you can see I like to show my photos. I feel I'm getting out of my secret world!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 05-11-2016 at 09:07 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I'd be happy to chat with you, Jessie. I'm new to this site, but finding the participation to be great therapy for me. Feel free to friend me.

Hi Jessie, I felt much the same way you do when I finally started fully dressing and building a wardrobe. At onetime I thought that if I just got to be able to dress fully, head to toe, that would be enough, but then when I finally did it, there was a sense of "is that it? is that all there is?" I mean, it felt great to express myself how I wanted and to be dressed as a girl, but I craved more. I wanted to beseen and to be able to see others. We're social creatures, and I think being able to build community and interact with other people also validates our existence, which for so many new girls is a solitary one, and to be honest, can feel like we aren't real, or that we're not really presenting as a girl.

Hope you find what you're looking for. I'm happy to chat if you're interested. Message me and we can exchange info.

Hugs,
    Raeleen

Banned Read only
    Yep. I reached the point where being dressed and NOT going out is the same as hiding for me. Why would I want to hide? Now, if I am dressed, I am going out

Exactly why I'm here. I did reach out to others in my area. Almost all were wanting, "Ahem" something else. Thank you, but no thank you.

I constantly desire someone/anyone to interact with. I am dadt with my spouse so no interaction there. I have developed friendships with a few waitresses and SA's. But would love to have more. Schedule does not allow me to connect with a local group, or offer a consistent friendship to others. I am resigned to the fact that this is the world as I know it.
    Live and let dress.

Absolutely. Just dressed and going out is not enough. Without interaction, it feels like a ghost floating through the world. Nobody interact with you, and you interact with nobody. Human are social animal. We need to be acknowledged, recognized, and more importantly, accepted as who we are. Interacting with people is very important to me. That means having friends, and being accepted by your family members and your SO.

Unfortunately, that creates a lot of conflict for us, and often is unattainable. I am in DADT with my SO. I may try to tell more to my parents, but they are conservative, and it is unnecessary to bother them with this (they don't live with me). And my SO does not like me to out myself to our friends. So there are really very limited options.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

I know there is an event right now in Vegas for CDs. It would be nice to have small, regional CD parties once in a while to chat with each other and share tips on what we like. Do they already exist or is it just the big ones in Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by JessieA View Post
    IBut it just seems the need gets greater and greater as time goes by. Anyone else ever experience this.
    Jessie,

I know just what you mean. A few years ago I had ample opportunities to dress at home (alone). As time went by the desire to go outside grew ever bigger. At first time spent sitting on the patio filled the need, (the breeze around the legs thing) but that soon faded and a desire to put heels to pavement took over.

I had the opportunity to go fully enfemme out and about but avoiding too close a contact with the muggles. Confidence grew and a need to interact took over. Firstly as drive thoughts to get food (macs) or getting fuel at a garage. The big step change for me was finding a monthly support group and chatting to others about their shopping experiences. If then could do it so could I and the next day I hit the shops, then cinema and restaurants.

Dressing at home is a bit like being a mannequin in a shop that's shut. It needs to be seen to be appreciated.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would love to socialize with other cd'rs in a safe environment. There is no such opportunity in my town.

Aspiring Member
    I am not a overly social person, but I would at the least like to get out do shopping enfemme. I have a GG friend I can talk to or I can vent here. I do agree it would be nice to talk with people face to face. Maybe some day my wife will be ready to meet sara and go out.
    Sara

Yeah can totally relate. I used to just get fully dressed and maybe have a glass of wine and then take it all off and shower back to boy mode. Now I won't bother getting dressed unless I'm going out somewhere or meeting people. It's the natural next step.

I really recommend researching your local area and finding local girls similar to you and organise to meet . Especially the fact that you live alone gives you a great opportunity to invite local girls over for dinner or drinks, that's when you can start really building great friendships so you won't feel so isolated/alone/bored or frustrated.

You just need to step out of the comfort zone which is always daunting and scary but you're life will be enriched because of it.

Ever think about maybe joining a TG or CD group? This is what I did initially when I came out and it helped me build my interpersonal skills.Associating with and talking with folks with like interests can be pretty encouraging.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kate, how did you find a CD group?

Reality Check
    I suppose this forum qualifies as "social interaction" of some sort. Talking to my wife is social interaction as well.

Because my dressing is a desire to play the part of a woman and I don't have a female voice, I think any social interaction in public would be awkward at best because I would be admitting to being a man in a dress, not a woman. Obviously, for some crossdressers, that's not an issue. For me, it is.

I would really like to go out in public as Krisi along with my wife. Shopping, dining, etc. That would be my social interaction.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I understand where you are coming from, I was like that too for a while, getting dressed in the closet lost its flair, then it was the same thing, socializing on the phone or comp, then started inviting other CD'S to hang out to chat or for a glass of wine, then finally getting out the front door myself, now I go out all the time, and its for exactly that reason, the social aspect xoxo

There should be clubs and orginizations just about everywhere, the trick is to find them, some are not so easily googled, but ask around to other local gals, you can always find a support group, or an organization that does things in your local area.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I have fairly severe social anxiety ... pretty much always have, which is why in my early life I gravitated towards the performing arts.

Performing on stage gave me a little end around my anxiety ... there were rules, people would be in the audience, I would play my tunes or whatever, and then it was over. Socializing with the audience or the other performers afterwards would always terrify me ... I was studying to become a high school music teacher for a while, but the relentless socialization involved with that drove me away right quick ... into the arms of my other love ... computers, which is where I ended up making a career.

I mention all this because it wasn't until recently, that I gained some insight into where all this comes from. I finally got the nerve to go to a trans support group meeting about 6 months ago. I went dressed (and yeah in true crossdresser fashion, I showed up way over dressed, lol) ....BUT ... no anxiety. For the first time I can remember, I was basically at a house party full of strangers, just fluttering around like a social butterfly completely without a second thought.

It felt so natural, and I think the reason is that I simply didn't have to worry about hiding anything from anyone. I was just my raw self, interacting with the world natively without any sort of abstraction in the way. Ironic given that I was cinched and padded and wearing half a pound of makeup, but ... yeah.

It was quite an earth shattering insight for me.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Due to the part of the country I'm in I can't really go out dressed but I have often thought it would be fun to be dressed and visiting with another cd either online ( which I have done) or really in person and just visiting. I guess maybe we all feel alone or lonely from time to time. My wife knows I dress but I don't think it is the same as visiting with another cd and visiting about likes, dislikes, and being free to really tell our feelings to.

If you are ever in the LA area, there is a m Motel in Hollywood that is CD friendly. I just found it while looking for places to meet up with other CDs. It would be great to get everyone here to book a room the same weekend and take over the place. The pool and spa area are surrounded, so only guests would see you. PM me for the name and address.
    Last edited by PrivateXDresser; 05-12-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Hi everybody, When I stated dressing up and still in the closet a couple of years back I had the same feeling, same thing in MI telling me that I have to go out, and I have done 4 times now, the feeling of been out is so exciting that you want to do more often.
    Now this weekend I'm going to a meet up group for the fist time, so I spect to start making friends to hang out .

We all want external affirmation of what we have accomplished in being feminine, but in a safe way. So what each person feels is safe may vary by their location and person thoughts. Online here is safe and requires no feminine voice or mannerisms. So this is the first step. Some will have chance to find social or support group which is safe. Going out with a GG is another safer way, if possible. Going out alone is scarier and less safe, but the most real.
    Each is unique in what is at risk.
    So we all experience what you are feeling Jessie.
    Hugs, Ellen

Silver Member
    Read this. Important !! I've spent many hours searching the web for a group that welcomes M2F TGs, and it finally paid off. Go to this link, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page:
    http://pflag-chapter-map.herokuapp.com/ I found a chapter in south Orange County, California. I've emailed a Co-President lady with questions. The most important answer received is that all communications are kept confidential. I'll attend their next meeting. Good luck on your search, ladies. Hugs. Jenny22
    Last edited by Jenny22; 05-12-2016 at 03:24 PM.

I am in the closet, and feel very alone, but post photos on here. Have been out about 20 times in my cd life alone, avoiding people for the most part. That has been lonely, too, not having anyone to talk with, or be with, but out there dressed. I have severe toxic loveless family problems here, and hope like hell i can finally move further away from them this summer. Older twin brothers are cruel to me. I have had personal ads, as a CD for years, but only have met three men. I made it clear no sex. Most admirers want you know what, period. I have gone to some Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in drab. There are no CD/TG groups near here.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-12-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Sorry to hear that, Alice! I hope you are able to make the move this summer. Buy some lotto tickets, too!