Thread: The Fog Returns

The Fog Returns

I've been in the pink fog before, usually when a major dressup opportunity approaches (like a week-long vacation alone) and my list-making begins in preparation. Or when a special "must have" item grabs my attention and won't let go until I acquire it. Once I had a pretty good collection of what I needed, the fog stayed away for a long time. I dressed up a lot, happy with what i had. I've never spent money excessively, it's always been in check. All in all, things have been on a pretty even keel. Until the past few days. I even made a new list of the new things compelling me to get. I spend hours browsing online, bookmarking my "must have" items. I have a clear picture of what I want, and one by one I am finding them. Thing is, though, I can't buy them until July (irregular income).
    So here's my question: what makes the pink fog return and occupy so much of my time and attention? Are my target purchase items so compelling? Or am I free from other activities and distractions? Full moon? Meteor showers? What makes your pink fog return?

p.s. I know the pink fog is more than buying more stuff, and is different for different folks. For my question, I'm narrowing pink fog to refer only to new purchases I just GOTTA HAVE.

The vision I have of the pink fog is in a flowery meadow with wisps lightly touching the meadow's flora. I whirl slowly with the pink fog dissipating and reforming, but it seems like when RL emotions and needs increase, the PF begins to rise and take substance to wrap it's soft and flowing arms around me. I want to dress and be part of it, to share in the ideas of femininity, feel womanhood as much as I can. Those 'must have items' are the wheels of that chariot and help to bridge the gap of drab. To feel whole, and better about myself, part of something more grand, more loving, flowing and positive, is the opiate of the PF.... and to which we are addicts...

I know this sounds sappy and is different for everyone, but that is the picture I hold dear... I ask forgiveness in advance....
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Thanks, Tommie. Sure, everyone's idea of the pink fog is different. The question is, why does it come and go?
    Just the ebb and flow of life?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I wish I knew but I think it could be when yes you have an item you really want or your planning an outing that will last a few days. I'm like you right now I'm pretty happy with my wardrobe but it seems I always see something I like, but I too am a bargain shopper and if the price isn't right I don't buy
    Hope you enjoy the fog Nicole

I think it's only natural to want new items from time to time. I have a selection of items among my wardrobe that I really like an wear a lot but still the desire for something new is always there.
    I like browsing the catalog of the company from which I get most of my clothes. New items copme out rarely, however, but it's still fun to look at all the clothes.
    The company has fairly frequent sales so I have been able to collect a lot of items at a good price.
    I too have learned to limit myself to those items I've got to have. Still, window shoping is a lot of fun.

Please forgive my ignorance, but is pink fog the same as obsession fog? If that's the case, looking at items online or seeing something in a store can trigger my "gotta have it" button, and "now what else should I get to add to my collection?" Again, sorry if I'm missing the point. I'm new to the CD language, even though I have been wearing women's lingerie for many years.

I have been in constant pink fog

I interact with the working world all the time with my job and I wish I was one of those professional working women with their skirt suits, dresses and blazers, red heels, nude heels, pretty made up faces, and gotta have it hair.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

My experience:
    When I was in a relationship (it ended finally about three months ago) I could feel the pink fog come ang go. But it was mostly under control.
    But now that I am living alone and have the chance to dress almost every day, I also do it every day. It is very seldom I stay in male clothes when I get home. I even go outside my house in womens clothes, I feel secure there and have the feeling that it is my house, I do what I want as long as I am not obviusly disturbing any neighbour.

So something in my mind is able to push it back when it is not convenient. Now that I don't have to hold it back, I have the pink fog all the time.
    Everybody's got a secret sonny, something that they just can't face. Some folks spend their whole life trying to keept it, they carry it with then every step that they take. 'Till someday they just cut it loose, cut it loose or let it drag 'em down. - Well I'd say this is exactly how it is with me.

I do not understand the question. For the fog to 'come and go' then it must occasionally go and I can't remember that ever happening. I've never seen a pretty dress and thought any thing other than 'I want that now'. I have never thought 'that is nice, next time I'm foggy I'll think I would like that for myself'. Maybe I read it wrong as it is difficult to read the screen through the pink haze

Sandy x

Banned Read only
    Nicole,
    You may have said how much you get to dress but if I can't then I end up thinking about shopping, I assume that's the same for you.

I bought a lovely skirt some time ago but have been struggling to find the right top or blouse, last Sunday I visited my home town and had a browse through the charity shops, then I glanced in the Oxfam window and there was a lovely East summer dress in a muted red with a white flower pattern in soft crinkle material, I just had to have it, it was my size and a gift at £12.99. The two SAs were lovely, then I commented on missing some shoes a few days before which would gone well with the dress. That's the problem with charity shops all the items are one offs, if you don't buy them when you see them you won't get a second chance. Charity shops are bad if pink fog hits it's so easy to buy armfuls of stuff at giveaway prices !

I didn't give up on the blouse and I found just what I was looking for in the next shop . Had a great try on when I returned home, everything fitted perfectly !
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-12-2016 at 05:42 AM.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Oh Nicole ... I've always thought that you had your act together and now I find out that you are almost as bad as me at least for a little while.

The psychology applied by online shops is really against us. Go online put a few things into the list for later, they send you an email offering free shipping and a hefty discount and voila ... pink fog.

There's always a reason. I recently started a job as Michelle (that's a wonderful story for a different time) so I needed an appropriate wardrobe for a working girl. What an excuse!!

The only problem I see for you Nicole is the $$$. Hate that!!

Reality Check
    I just wonder what the definition of "The Pink Fog" is. I have an idea but I have never experienced any thing that I would call a pink fog.

Silver Member
    Nicole - Maybe your increased desires might be the result of other events or interests happening or not happening in your life. Sometimes, when all else seems to be stable and perhaps uninteresting, or even boring, there could be both extra time and increased capacity for crossdressing shopping or activities. Also, the reverse could occur. Increased stress or demands might drive the escape that crossdressing shopping provides. My wife admits that stress drives her shopping obsessions. I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with you, but maybe if you really want to understand the ups and downs, a therapist could probably help.

Michelle, I have regular income and it pays the bills. My purchases for crossdressing wants and needs come from the irregular income. It's not a huge amount and I also use it to pay for irregular expenses. I have always been patient about money coming in. There is a good thing about the wait. It tests whether something is really "must have" or not.
    Krisi, people define pink fog differently. Some say they stay in it permanently, but for me, it's a temporary period in which I obsess about some aspect of crossdressing.
    Heather, I agree. I'm sure if there were a personal, family, workplace, or other crisis requiring my attention, I would snap out of the fog. I'm more curious about the pink fog than distressed over it, so therapy isn't needed. Besides, if I had therapy money, I wouldn't have to wait until July to get those "must haves". ha

For me, the fog is as nebulus as the weather, but I find it waxes and wanes with seasons. I have desires each spring as pretty florals, prom, and Easter dresses are marketed in the stores. Summer capris and sandals lead to fall's sweaters, skinny jeans, and boots. Holiday season begins with the fun of Halloween, to the excitement of Christmas in tights, and a formal New Year's finery in heels and jewels.

To me, the pink fog is a delusional state where I start to forget how so much of the rest of the world sees us: As perverts, mentally ill, degenerates, freaks, men who refuse to live up to our responsibilities, 'failed' men who aren't capable of being what nature intended us to be, cowards who hide behind the idea that we're actually female instead of facing up to 'reality', and all kinds of other nonsense. today we have to be especially careful because of the recent laws passed which could make us vulnerable to those who hate us 'just because'. I will admit to sometimes not drawing my curtains or pulling down my shades to avoid being seen dressed in all female attire, because the pink fog make me think there's really no harm in doing it. Until I hear about someone being evicted, injured or killed, with underlying suggestions that it was potentially a hate induced action whether they have evidence of it or not.

As a friend who was connected to an organized crime family once said, 'Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they're NOT out to get you'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lexi, the last quote is hilarious!

Over the years I use to to buy one or two items or dresses a month.
    Now since I joined this site four months ago I've been buying quite a lot more stuff like sixteen dress a month.
    I want to get it under control but I'm enjoying it to much.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Nicole the pink fog I think has certain triggers that activate it. Such as I know for you and I a certain lipstick color, a certain lipstick smell, and even just a commercial of those beautiful deep red matte colored red lips on tv. I get it just walking down certain rows of sexy clothing, and especially in the makeup sections. I also can see a beautifully made up CD or GG and the flood washes over me. Sometimes it's stronger than others.

I had to put a temporary stop to shopping. It became a habit of nearly every day. I've bought many items that were only $3 but it adds up. My last trip was triggered by the recent "Kohls sale" thread and I scored a few things that I don't regret buying.

Yet, I'm trying to go a month without buying any clothing, makeup, wigs etc. And I can relate to Teresa's take. It seems I shop more when I dress less. There are some higher priced items I want to get, but first I need to stop the habit of spending a few dollars here and there.

I blame this website for my shopping! I read threads about clothing and many here post links to websites that have 'to die for' lingerie.

My advice: stop browsing the internet - looking at photos of covetous clothing!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Something I started doing this week was getting on this site and taking pictures of myself in my CD items. When I get the urge to shop the last couple of days, I look at my photos, which shows me I have a lot of nice things already, and I get emails about all of your posts, which makes me feel normal. Thank you all!!!

Silver Member
    For me, the Pink Fog has become a drowning Pink Flood! I have to stop buying something almost every time I go out. But, I'm still looking for a certain dress!

Jenny, where do like to shop?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Nicole, I've tried for years to figure out the triggers and/or timing for my pink fog events. I've probably started a half dozen threads with that as the topic and nothing has come of it. I'm as befuddled as ever but starting to think that it might be my gender dysphoria is driving me to seek a new comfort level, that what I've been doing isn't enough to meet those gender identity needs or validations. It's almost like a video game where you accomplish something and then move up a level to new challenges now that you have the skills and resources. The pink fog may be that sign that we are ready to see if it's time to level up.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.