Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transvestic fetishism

Transvestic fetishism

I think its fair to say that I could be accused of harboring transvestic fetishes. Ohhh women's clothing, it was all so seductive, sensuous and beautiful.... As I grow older though, the urgency, the visceral responses that I once experienced, from seeing or touching certain items, has become less and less.

When younger, I was considered a handsome man, perhaps I was just too hung up on passing as a beautiful woman, my vanity got the best of me. I just was not given any feminine body or facial structure. Now I'm too deeply invested in the male side of my life, the complications would be more than I'm willing to face.

So having given up the idea of ever considering transitioning, I think the fetish has lost some of its luster. Can anyone else relate?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If it was a fetish to you why on earth would you have even considered transitioning?

Well, I left a lot of detail out, but in a nutshell, it began as a fetish and grew more serious over the years (in my imagination at least)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Tracii, I cannot answer for Dela but can for myself. I could be classified as fetishistic TV. For over 10 years I wanted real breasts and thot about srs a lot. It suddenly dawned on me that what I really wanted to look like a pretty woman. Not be unattractive but physically female.

The fantasy of having your own breasts and vagina can be very appealing to a self addicted dresser. It was to me. But, as u mite note, for all the wrong reasons!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yeah a fantasy is strong in a person mind. But as men the idea of transitioning was hardly an interest. But I still love crossdressing and being able to reflect my feminine attitude. Nothing has lost luster but some routines are pretty routine now. And yes those clothes are so seductive, sensuous, and beautiful. Yes indeed!
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Tracii, I cannot answer for Dela but can for myself. I could be classified as fetishistic TV. For over 10 years I wanted real breasts and thot about srs a lot. It suddenly dawned on me that what I really wanted to look like a pretty woman. Not be unattractive but physically female.

The fantasy of having your own breasts and vagina can be very appealing to a self addicted dresser. It was to me. But, as u mite note, for all the wrong reasons!
    "wrong reasons" ??

Wanting to transition for the wrong reasons. Sorry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i don't think anyone should judge your reasons, they are yours and yours alone to make.. do you feel they are wrong?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For sure many of us have considered that a time or two, I admit I did years ago but decided it just wasn't anything I really wanted and I enjoy my male side.
    Now of course we see in the news today that Caitlyn Jenner is considering going back to Bruce.
    It's not and easy life

WOW! Caitlyn considering going back to Bruce. It IS a hard life,then.I better look and see if there is any truth to it. I think i had a legs and nylons and heels fetish quite young, still do, though, i love the silky, stretchy fabrics of dresses, skirts, tops, blouses, and lingerie, and wigs.. and heels. Yada yada.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-12-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Banned Read only
    Dela,
    I've checked your profile but you don't mention your age, I will say that most of us pass through the points made in your first paragraph. Now I've passed through the heavy investment in my male side, so it's gone full circle and it's time to catch up with Teresa's needs. I also passed through gender counselling , so I'm fairly sure I'm not TS but I still considered a separation and going full time. My commitments as a husband, father and now grandfather were too much to walk away from, what has surprised me though is the lustre has returned . I've finally got out the door to attend a social group, I love shopping to put outfits together , I love the openness with talking to other CDers and the interaction with SAs.
    So don't think it's gone away Dela, whatever you choose to call it , it will return !

ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGIST HERE: In my opinion, a transition would be permanent and therefore your bones would have to be crying out constantly for the change. It would be a deeply seeded compulsion, not a fetish, drawing you in a direction that you would simply have to go. A fetish is like the pink fog. It comes and goes. I believe you correctly categorized it as a fetish for you, or even more a lifestyle.

Perhaps the wrong terminology is being used.
    A Transvestic Fetishist (which I considered myself in my teens as I was cross dressing and coming into puberty) is one for whom dressing, or some component of it, is a sexual turn in. That is a loooong way from Transexualism, and the idea of transitioning.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I don't know if I'm a transvestic fetishist or a fetishistic transvestite, or if there's a difference. Even when dressed, I identify as a guy. It's difficult for me to comprehend how fetishism could lead to transition. It seems to me, from my experience, that the objects of my fetishes that bring arousal are appealing to the guy I am. One considers transition as a response to a deeply feminine identity, a woman in a man's body in need of aligning sex and gender, mind and body......
    But I know only one side of it.

In my teens the sexual component to dressing was high. In each decade that passed this component declined even though I still dressed just as much, or more. Today, in my 60s, I'd say the sexual component is almost non-existent but that still has not stopped me from enjoying the transformation experience.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 05-13-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dela View Post
    i don't think anyone should judge your reasons, they are yours and yours alone to make.. do you feel they are wrong?
    I was judging my own reasons. However, I'll let u judge for yourself. Do think becoming a female because you'd be that much miore turned on by yourself with female parts? I don't believe there's a liscensed doc in the US that would think that's a valid reason and neither do I now.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only FTV that has had that fantasy!

Doc, yes, I have had similar fantasies, but I always was aware they were fantasies and always about dressing up. Never wanted to be nor wished I were a woman.
    I remember a recurring fantasy I had in my late teens. I was in a car accident. Nothing serious but I did bump my head, again nothing serious. X-rays showed nothing (as Yogi Berra said). Except ------ when I woke up the next morning I asked my mom where my clothes are. In your closet. No, those are all boy's clothes. As the fantasy played out, all attempts to "fix" me (medical, psychological) failed, and I was allowed to live (dress) as a girl. My folks didn't like that I wore to much makeup, skirts too short, and heels too high, but allowed it so I didn't suffer from not being allowed. Of course, dressing that was always the purpose, the point of the fantasy. Of course I didn't really want it to happen. It was always a mind game, and it excited me. It was about the clothes and makeup, not being a girl.

I admit that I like stocking, high heels, corsets, and other objects that may be considered fetish. I like them on women, and I wish that I wasn't so old and fat that they looked like crap on me. Other than that. meh.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see where you are coming from Sherry.

Items aren't inherently fetish items or not. It's a person's response to their presence, image (photo), or image (thought).

Very interesting set of positions on this issue. For me dressing has always been and continues to be highly sexual. I have a strong attraction to particular articles of clothing, heels, hose, and silk fabrics. I like doing my makeup and looking/behaving as female as is possible given my looks. I have fantasies of being female while i am dressed, but they are typically fueled by my hypersexualized state while i am dressed. Sexual play (of various sorts) is always part of my dressing, and there is no way to separate it from my sexual urges. Fetishism? I think so.

The broadest definition of fetish is a strong need or desire for something. I don't seem to have a strong need to crossdress, but a strong desire to do so. Although it's usually not very erotic to dress any more, it's still plenty enjoyable to me. I've never tried makeup or wigs, but I hope to soon. That might prove to feel erotic for a while, but feeling authentic is more what I hope for.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Dela, I can relate to you to a certain extent. I don't know that I ever considered transitioning because I guess along with being a woman there would be some expectation that a woman would want to be with a man. I have never had those feelings. However, have I often wanted to experience having a beautiful woman's body? Of course. And crossdressing plays to that fantasy even though I know it is not reality. As to the fetishtic experience, yes, I experienced that too and still do. Back in the day, simply putting on a pair of panties for even a few minutes was a hugely erotic experience. Now that I have my own panties, wearing them alone is just something that feels good. However I still get a kick out of dressing, it now requires a little more. So, panties have grown to more feminine underthings and outerwear. I also find that more varied experiences add to the spice. So, has the fetish lost its luster? Maybe not but it just takes more luster to get to the fetish - if that makes sense.

Was never a fetish with me, I had too many others trying to dress me up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    My response is about the same after all these years. After a long day at work, when I come home and crossover, I still get a strong rush and release of tension. I wouldn't say it's an addiction, but, well, OK, it's an addiction. At least it's a harmless one with a positive effects.