Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transvestic fetishism

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    What's in a name? Once I wore the clothes to get my rocks off, did it evolve into a fetish, probably. It grew into more of an enjoyment of the fabric and its feel against the skin, is it still a fetish? Who cares anymore, it's a simple cheap pleasure in life which has more than its share of problems and difficulties in it.

Lacey Hew says, " Back in the day, simply putting on a pair of panties for even a few minutes was a hugely erotic experience. Now that I have my own panties, wearing them alone is just something that feels good. However I still get a kick out of dressing, it now requires a little more. So, panties have grown to more feminine underthings and outerwear. I also find that more varied experiences add to the spice. So, has the fetish lost its luster? Maybe not but it just takes more luster to get to the fetish - if that makes sense."

That about sums it up for me also, but I have learned where to draw the line, and I don't cross it.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dela View Post
    I think its fair to say that I could be accused of harboring transvestic fetishes.
    Probably not.

I just was not given any feminine body or facial structure. Now I'm too deeply invested in the male side of my life, the complications would be more than I'm willing to face.
    Getting warmer

So having given up the idea of ever considering transitioning, I think the fetish has lost some of its luster. Can anyone else relate?
    In general, when the sexual stimulation of this goes away, it's a sign this is an identity thing, rather than a fetish thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia
    I wouldn't say it's an addiction, but, well, OK, it's an addiction.
    It's not an addiction. This is a part of you. For some of us, it is us.

Platinum Member
    Hi Dela , I totally enjoy having the best of both worlds......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So having given up the idea of ever considering transitioning, I think the fetish has lost some of its luster. Can anyone else relate?
    I can relate! There was a time when I believed that there some sort of inner woman that I was suppressing, that I had a feminine side, or something like that... however you want to express it. I could wile away the hours imagining myself as a female. It was kind of a letdown to realize I'm just a dude with a oddball emasculation fetish. Now the the best part of the party is over. I liken it to Christmas. Christmas was a lot more fun when I could believe in the plausibility of Santa Claus and flying reindeer and all that. It's still fun but it's lost most of it's magic.

I find that when dressed I sometimes become very aroused by the clothing but at other times it is just a feeling of being right and being comfortable. So I like to think that my cross dressing is a deep need within me but that it also has a fetishistic component. I don't think I would like to transition but I do feel comfortable with being as feminine as possible during my everyday life.

I would love to look like a female fetish model in latex or leather.

Sadly I have an average middle aged man's body, and as many satin, leather and latex items that I have, even if I had a world class team of surgeons at my disposal, I will never look like I want to look like.

I dress up enjoying the slow ritual of lacing my corset, zipping my catsuit, buttoning my blouse, lacing my boots, or whatever else grabs my imagination that day and I fantasize being a young woman in the throes of sexual pleasure, I jack off, then I begin the ritual of putting it all back into the closet, feeling a little embarrassed.

There are certainly those who crossdress purely as a sexual fetish as well as those who are TS and of course every gender identity inbetween, however, I want to point out that it is totally possible to be TS AND have fetishes that include clothing. It's totally possible to be mixed gender AND have fetishes that include clothing. It is definately possible to get sexual excitement from dressing AND dress to alleviate gender dysphoria and express internal gender identity. It's not always "one or the other" though for many I'm sure it is. Its always pointed out here that gender and sexuality are separate (which I agree with) but fetishes "and fetish clothing" are a component of sexuality and at the same time clothing can be an expression of internal gender identity which means while some experience dressing as an outlet for one or the other, SOME experience dressing as an expression of gender identity AND can enjoy a fetish aspect of it.

I am one of these people. I am both bigender and bisexual, I am definately turned on by lingerie/fetish clothing and both enjoy it on ladies as well as enjoy wearing it to satisfy my sexual fantasies/desires of being a woman, being turned on by both imagined experience of being a woman with a man AND my imagined "physical" self as a sexy woman. At the same time, I certainly experience gender dysphoria (not enough to transition but surely enough to drive me bonkers on a steady basis). I sleep nude these days because boxers and pajama pants drive me nuts and my junk is uncomfortable and always getting in the way and not sitting right. I rarely wear panties anymore and I have always made my panties crotchless because they're just not comfortable otherwise. I often yearn for breasts and not just when I'm sexually turned on, and often I have body envy of women around me. Though I've never had a female body in this lifetime, I know that I would enjoy sex more as a female. In the same bag of wonders I call "my personal experience", I also can be very comfortable in my male body and often don't experience gender dysphoria. Though my internal 50/50 gender identity (personality) is fixed and definately not fluid, my physical gender dysphoria does seem to fluctuate throughout the day. Im not suicidal or suffocating in my male body and am ok with it but I yearn for and definately would prefer a female body, (confusing right)? But to me it makes perfect sense and while there's so much debate about and lack of intellectual understanding in regards to inbetweeners, I find myself smack dab in the middle of the spectrums in terms of gender identity, sexuality, as well as the space between fetish dressing and dressing as an expression of internal identity. Sometimes I wanna wear pvc and get wild and sometimes I wanna wear a nightgown or other female comfies with my nails done and watch Charmed, (or Xmen).

I love and can relate to what Taylor186 said. when I was younger--both in my teens and later when I restarted dressing again in my thirties--it was totally a sexual thing: I dressed because it aroused me and I fantasized about being a woman sexually (oddly enough, in my thirties I started going with men, but never while dressed). In my fifties the arousal component was almost entirely gone: I dressed because I wanted to identify with the feminine part of my personality. I haven't spent a lot if time thinking about why that was so, but I think it was two things: first, as a man, I was unable to find a woman I really identified with, so I strove to become that woman myself; and second, I liked the feeling of being that woman. Now that I am in my sixties, I wish I could dress more and more fully as I did a few years ago, but my situation has changed; nevertheless, I love feeling like Kris whenever I can.

Kris

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne T View Post
    I would love to look like a female fetish model in latex or leather.

Sadly I have an average middle aged man's body, and as many satin, leather and latex items that I have, even if I had a world class team of surgeons at my disposal, I will never look like I want to look like.

I dress up enjoying the slow ritual of lacing my corset, zipping my catsuit, buttoning my blouse, lacing my boots, or whatever else grabs my imagination that day and I fantasize being a young woman in the throes of sexual pleasure, I jack off, then I begin the ritual of putting it all back into the closet, feeling a little embarrassed.
    same with me since day 1. when i pop, i quickly return to man mode no matter what and i feel ashamed of what im wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by wantstocrossdress View Post
    same with me since day 1. when i pop, i quickly return to man mode no matter what and i feel ashamed of what im wearing.
    that was a phase for me, when i was younger, before i was ready to admit to myself that there was nothing to be ashamed of

that was a phase for me, when i was younger, before i was ready to admit to myself that there was nothing to be ashamed of
    I don't really care about what others think either, but I wish my wife felt the same way :-( I've considered divorce over the whole thing to find someone who can be more positive about it.

I tried crossdressing and makeup to be "realistic" en femme from head to toe, but that's a PITA, and more effort than I really need to put in.

Weirdly enough, I feel guilty about not being a "real" crossdresser. When I was active, I did learn about how diverse the CD/TS community is. IMO it's not really a spectrum, but a hodgepodge of groups that look kinda similar (drag queens, fetishists, CDs, TSs, performers, et al), but whose motives for wearing female clothing are really different from each other.

In general, when the sexual stimulation of this goes away, it's a sign this is an identity thing, rather than a fetish thing.

It's not an addiction. This is a part of you. For some of us, it is us.[/QUOTE]

So I have a question here, IM pretty sure this has moved past just being a fetish or an addiction, what makes you realize that? I accepted this in myself when I joined the forum, I decided Id wear whatever I liked that day and be ok with it, regardless of stimulation. My urges have mostly went away, Im happier, I dress nicer, I keep my appearance nice in general is way better than ever, I take care of myself, I even bought an iron yesterday! I used it on 1 of my nice shirts today.... Yes Ive kinda went a bit silly with new clothing and shoe purchases but its not driven by a compulsion or urge anymore, I buy things I want to go out in, I want to look nice, I buy practical things like pajama's, ya they are womens and satin, but I enjoy the comfort and I sleep better in them.
    Is this a typical progression? I have quoted Paula, but Im open to others for this too. (not trying to derail as Ive had and have a fetish)
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

60 yrs old here. The sexual stimulation when I dress is mostly but not completely gone. Now it's a feeling of happiness, wholeness and relaxation. 🌺

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wantstocrossdress View Post
    It used to be years ago, when I dressed, it was strictly for a sexual rush, and this is precisely how I felt afterwards, too. I wanted to get out of my female things as quickly as possible, and return to 'male mode'.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisCDAZ View Post
    I love and can relate to what Taylor186 said. when I was younger--both in my teens and later when I restarted dressing again in my thirties--it was totally a sexual thing: I dressed because it aroused me and I fantasized about being a woman sexually
    In early years, I struggled with the fetish part of my crossdressing. At that time, I bought only erotic items, such as corsets, fishnet stockings, garter belts etc. Later, I moved forward, and the sexual urges became less and less. In recent years, I have moved completely away from that, and now I dress because I want to feel pretty, and I like how I look in the mirror. These days, it's "normal" women's things....clothing that most women would likely wear: regular panties, bras, slips, pantyhose, and dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykaa View Post
    So I have a question here, IM pretty sure this has moved past just being a fetish or an addiction, what makes you realize that? I accepted this in myself when I joined the forum, I decided Id wear whatever I liked that day and be ok with it, regardless of stimulation. My urges have mostly went away, Im happier, I dress nicer, I keep my appearance nice in general is way better than ever, I take care of myself, I even bought an iron yesterday! I used it on 1 of my nice shirts today.... Yes Ive kinda went a bit silly with new clothing and shoe purchases but its not driven by a compulsion or urge anymore, I buy things I want to go out in, I want to look nice, I buy practical things like pajama's, ya they are womens and satin, but I enjoy the comfort and I sleep better in them.
    Is this a typical progression? I have quoted Paula, but Im open to others for this too. (not trying to derail as Ive had and have a fetish)
    It seems that so many of us are very similar. We've started off as fetishistic, and moved forward into doing it for the simple joy of the celebration of dressing. Now, when I dress and it's time to head to bed, I remove my female things with great reluctance, instead of having regrets and being ashamed. It's a liberating feeling! Mykaa, yes. I think it IS a typical progression. Most of us have gone down this same path over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    60 yrs old here. The sexual stimulation when I dress is mostly but not completely gone. Now it's a feeling of happiness, wholeness and relaxation. ��
    Agree, Fiona. It's interesting how many of us have changed our perspective over the years. We could write each other's stories! I don't know if it's something to do with age (I'm 64) but I found that this site helped me with the change, as I read what others had written.
    Last edited by Piora; 05-23-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    -------------------------------

Lacey Hew says, " Back in the day, simply putting on a pair of panties for even a few minutes was a hugely erotic experience. Now that I have my own panties, wearing them alone is just something that feels good. However I still get a kick out of dressing, it now requires a little more. So, panties have grown to more feminine underthings and outerwear. -------------------------------------
    Judging by their popularity in posts here, it seems women's panties r a fetish for many. They r uncomfortable, ill fitting, and if u wear sexy, skimpy ones you'll likely suffer fall out! I only wear thongs and tite panties, backwards, to tuck. Otherwise, I think they're useless. No one can tell you're wearing them but u!

If u say they aren't a fetish, considering how poorly they work on men, why r they so popular?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer

Lightbulb Hip and butt pads make panties fit snug and better

even with pants and dresses when i am padded clothing that's two small slips right on me.

hip padding for me is what makes a panty work for me.
    it fits snug and not tight after hip pads are added.

all this dressing has a little fetishistism in it for me.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Judging by their popularity in posts here, it seems women's panties r a fetish for many. They r uncomfortable, ill fitting, and if u wear sexy, skimpy ones you'll likely suffer fall out! I only wear thongs and tite panties, backwards, to tuck. Otherwise, I think they're useless. No one can tell you're wearing them but u!

If u say they aren't a fetish, considering how poorly they work on men, why r they so popular?
    Doc, I have to disagree. For me, I don't find them a fetish at all. I have found good quality women's panties are easily the most comfortable underwear I've even had the pleasure to wear! Now, I'm talking about full women's briefs....not the sexy, skimpy ones. Besides, there are a lot of very feminine, lacy and frilly higher-waisted panties out there that are exceptionally comfortable. As long as they're well-made, and they're a good fit, the 'boys' stay where they are with no issues (I don't tuck) I never under-dress, otherwise I would wear them exclusively!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"