Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoops! But no apocalypse

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar

Whoops! But no apocalypse

I was working at a client site yesterday and received the call of nature, as one does (TMI?). Anyway,I learned a couple of valuable lessons for when visiting said place.

No.1. Don’t leave your mobile (cell) on top of the toilet-roll holder for someone else to find.
    No.2 Don’t forget to close the browser, so as not to display the last site you had you visited. In this case, CD.com, showing quite merrily the moment the case flipped open.

I was totally oblivious to my having left my mobile behind until the very nice receptionist tracked me down on one of the floors, gleefully asking, “Is this yours?” . By this time, no less than two people have had their hands on my device, no laughing in the cheap seats. What was puzzling me was, how, if she hadn’t browsed my phone, did the receptionist know it was mine?

Oh well, if she’d asked about the web page, I would have told her, as this really isn’t something I'm worrying about right now. But, to get to the point of my post, I wonder if good news travels fast?

Today, I was doing a laptop upgrade for an older, part-time contractor of my client at the same site, during which time he asked, “would you like a tea or coffee?”. “A coffee, white, no sugar please” replies I and the picture below shows the mug he presented it in. So, is he in the know or was it just coincidence? Who knows? Who cares?

Becky
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by reb.femme; 05-12-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Sorry, but you hit one of my pet peeves - using the cell phone in the rest room. To avoid the risk of leaving your phone in the can, don't use it there! Talk about a non-hygenic place to be playing with your phone. Whenever I hear someone talking on the phone in the restroom I make sure to flush - several times! Life will wait while you do your business!

Luv the mug!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyCross View Post
    Sorry, but you hit one of my pet peeves - using the cell phone in the rest room. To avoid the risk of leaving your phone in the can, don't use it there!
    Plenty of assumptions Bethany. I was browsing in the office. It was in my shirt pocket, took it out so as not to bend and lose down the toilet for wiping down as they don't have urinals. Still, nothing like a good moan on a lighthearted post is there. Do you suck on grapefruit prior to griping? Let's hope others aren't as miserable.

Oh and another Allisa. Happy days state side tonight.

Check, don't assume is a worthwhile point to remember people.
    Last edited by reb.femme; 05-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Years ago, at work, on a new house, went, and it fell out of my pocket into the toilet! had to wash it up, dry on a heater, but it worked ok after all dry.

What the hell is TMI?
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Funny episode! Tonya, TMI is too much information.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    Thanks for sharing, I guess I would be puzzled how she found you ! Did she call you Becky ?

I had to smile at the mug comment, I was helping my son with his house extension and my wife dropped in to make us tea, I was given a mug with a picture of heels on it, my wife commented to my son ," I see you've given dad the right mug !"

Restrooms, we will have gender police and now cell phone police to help improve our evacuation experiences. And restrooms are such wonderful places for selfies. Hmmmm ... my pet peeves?? Better leave for a more appropriate thread, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot, eeewwwww!!!! germs.
    A 2002 Southern Medical Journal test showed US dollars carry more microbial action than the average toilet, in addition to being contaminated with cocaine. Same applies to UK notes and coins too. Do you wash your hands and launder your money too? Do you wash your hands every time you shake hands with people? Find another post to haunt.

I'll wait to see you dispensing sage advise to all the washroom, toilet area selfie people in the picture posts.

Teresa, That's very funny! Do you think your son actually knows?

Banned Read only
    My phone is set to preview new messages even when locked "new message from CD.COM 😉 " blazed across the screen! I try to leave it face down as much as possible but...sometimes I forget 😉

Did you set his wallpaper to the pink flower motif!!! 😀

I made it a point to keep my media stuff at home. Makes me wonder what those around me will think when they go through my Pc's, and find out what I've been doing all these years, after I croak. Ahh well, I suppose it will answer the question of my closet, my wigs, heels, and other assorted goodies I loved so much.

I do the finger print scan to open my phone, so I don't have many worries about someone seeing something....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    PrivatexDresser,
    Yes all my son and daughter know , so do their married partners.
    My daughter and son in law often talk about it , he appears to be intrigued by my social meetings ! My daughter is very supportive.

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to bring this up but I felt it important enough to pass on so somebody won't inadvertently out themselves by accident.

I recently had several days to dress up and took pics of myself in the different outfits. I usually email them to myself and then delete them from my phone for obvious reasons.

The point I'm leading up to is lately when opening Facebook it displays the last 4 pics I took on my phone and asks do I want to post them? The first time I opened Facebook and saw myself wearing a dress it gave me a good scare so if I take self pics I now follow them with pics of my hand or whatever just in case.

Liz
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

Some people knock the old methods Liz, but a billboard in the centre of town with your last four pics will hit a greater local audience and just as quickly as Facebook.

I don't think anyone else can seem those pics, but it's enough of a worry that they appear anyway.

Oh and I'm browsing from a tidy desk, if anyone is interested.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Plenty of assumptions Bethany. I was browsing in the office. It was in my shirt pocket, took it out so as not to bend and lose down the toilet for wiping down as they don't have urinals. Still, nothing like a good moan on a lighthearted post is there. Do you suck on grapefruit prior to griping? Let's hope others aren't as miserable. .
    Personally, I think you're being more harsh than necessary. You posted a story and you have to expect that all responses will not please you. Ignoring the post would have been appropriate.

Back on topic, setting your phone down and walking away from it is a bad habit, regardless of where you do it. In your case, it has incriminating evidence on it but even if it didn't, your lucky the person who found it turned it in instead of keeping it and selling it on the street.

As far as the mug, many offices have mugs lying around for occasions like yours. I suspect the person just grabbed a mug and filled it without thinking about anything else.

Oh dear. What started very funny soon went downhill.
    Funny post, sensible explanation as to why phone left in the bog (UK for toilet) and easy mistake to have assumed it was being used in the said bog, easy to correct said mistake with explanation and without aggression or personal attack. What a shame.

Still VERY funny and I have a mug just like it and always choose it if it's not in the dishwasher because I feel femme using it. I'll have to get one with Heels on like Teresa's as well. Had to laugh at the phone that fell in the bog as well, if that happened to me you can guarantee it would be dead afterwards but I would spend weeks trying to dry it out!
    Last edited by Sandyhappygirl; 05-13-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Just meaning that an accidental touch to the wrong place on a touch screen could post unwanted pics for all your friends to see.

Liz

Becky, I think we have all "misplaced" our cell phone at one time or another; mine fell out of my pocket in my favorite coffee shop - later I received a call at my business from my wife "where is your cell phone, I just got a call from it, you left it in the coffee shop" When I went to retrieve it the cute young barista said "who's the pretty lady on the phone" (my femm pic was my wallpaper) I have known this young lady for a long time - was not ashamed and confessed it's me "Nooo really! like in another life were you a crossdresser?" not another life...umm we'll talk She was cool - I think they all had a look - after all they had to search to find my wife's number to call me. All in all we have to be careful as the information highway in in all our hands - or someone else's if your not careful......................................Debra

Nice cup!

Anyone looked at you oddly?

In regard to the bathroom comment I always carry my phone in my bag, when I attend a site visit I leave my bag in the boot and put my phone in my back pocket.
    I squat to pee, pull down jeans and my phone nearly fell down the toilet!
    Three near misses....
    I now have to remember to put it on the side first, easily forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Today, I was doing a laptop upgrade for an older, part-time contractor of my client at the same site, during which time he asked, “would you like a tea or coffee?”. “A coffee, white, no sugar please” replies I and the picture below shows the mug he presented it in. So, is he in the know or was it just coincidence? Who knows? Who cares? Becky
    Becky,

It was the lipstick marks you left on the previous mug that gave the game away!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya Rose View Post
    What the hell is TMI?
    Too much information.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    ...Anyone looked at you oddly?...
    Not as yet Becky, but I don't know which of the guys found it, so not sure who knows what really. I've lost count of the number of times my security tag around my neck has hung down the pan when cleaning up, which is why my phone comes out of my pocket first of all.

I know when I've found mobiles outside, I ring one of the people in the phone book to let the owner where it is. So whoever the good Samaritan was, I wonder how much he saw. Plenty of pics on there of me en femme. I just hope that if he posts on line to blackmail me, he only uses the nice ones.

I say good luck with that though, as I like me, warts wigs and all. I'll own it and to hell with all.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 05-14-2016 at 08:46 AM.