Thread: A crazy Thursday night at Santana Row... not

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

A crazy Thursday night at Santana Row... not

Tonight was supposed to meet a fellow member of this forum but she got hijacked into work so that left me with a choice: stay home or get dressed and go out. Duh, I went out. I chose a gold halter top with some shimmer threading and the deep red patterned skirt you see here.

I walked over to my local wine bar and the staff recognize me now (hard not to) and I was welcomed with "Nice to see you again," which is nice. I sat down around 7:15 and I got the last 2 person table, it was packed. Every restaurant to the left and right was packed. And this is a school night! I was the only person in the bar wearing a skirt until a young lady walked in to meet a friend and she was wearing a beautiful floral midi skirt. It was a great people watching time and location. I'd say 80% of the women were in jeans and the rest evenly split between skirts and dresses. I didn't really feel out of place, just in the minority.

Funny thing, on the walk over to the bar, two men were walking toward me and one just stared and stared. He kept talking to his friend but even when I smiled and made eye contact he kept staring. I wonder if he even knows he was staring. I'm betting he does that to women as well. Men are so obvious. Women are so much more subtle. They must have better peripheral vision than us.

So, the take away is this: 1) if I can do this anyone can. If you want to go out, go out. No one cares. Really. and 2) if you plan on sitting on a slatted aluminum chair, wear a longer skirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images