Thread: The Things you (Over) Hear

The Things you (Over) Hear

Occasionally you overhear conversations that make you smile (at least insides) AND biting your tongue.

The other day I was in the men's (of course) locker room at the local YMCA when one of the regulars made a comment to another regular about missing a day. The other guy responded that he was in that day for a makeup session. Needless to say, I didn't add that I would like to have a makeup session.

Later that day, two of my female co-workers were discussing the prom activities of one of the two's daughters. The mom was discussing the pre-prom stop at Sephora at the nearby mall for their prom makeovers. Again, needless to say, I did not chime in that I had been to Sephora last fall for a makeover--and how much I enjoyed it. But it did bring a smile to my face.

Sometimes we are like spies; hearing things we're not supposed to.....

I am fairly certain that the makeup session did not involve cosmetics....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

At first I thought, "what? They offer makeup lessons at the YMCA?" About a second later my inner ditzy self said, "ohhhhh. make up for a missed worked."
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Well, if they really were talking about makeup, they certainly were open about it! LOL

Banned Read only
    I was on a train about two years ago and a teenage son complimented his mom on her mauve painted finger nails. She held her hands out and he kissed each nail. She then explained he could try painting them next time they needed doing.

Sometimes we forget and enthusiastically discuss such events with the female office staff.

As a computer technician I always got involved with office staff and some of their more intimate conversations.

Dangerous ground indeed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.