Thread: Being the youngest

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Being the youngest

I am the youngest of five. Boy, girl, boy, girl, boy. While everyone else knew how to escape on Saturday, I was the loner that had to do housework with Mom. That's alright, I had to do garden work with Dad (loved it!). It was one of two of her days off and she was a fastidious housekeeper. So I spent many a Saturday housecleaning. And I developed quite a skill of it.

Sometimes, I would watch my Mother get ready for an event while I continued to take care of things.
    Sometimes, in her preparations ritual, she would parade around the house in full stockings, foundations, heels, makeup and the fabulous pro hair doo she had afforded herself that week.

Also, being the youngest, I was part of watching my sisters go through puberty and all of the makeup and clothes and Barbie's!
    Oh the things my GI Joe did to Barbie!

Hmmm? I'm a crossdresser.

What's y'all's thoughts on this?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds similar, but with 3 sisters and no bros or dad until mom remarried later in my childhood.

Hmmm? I'm a crossdresser.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Growing up with an older sister helped me to start to discover who I am alot sooner. I remember being about 6 or so and my sister dragging me off on play with her barbie's. Personaly I think I always would have been a crossdresser, but having a sister helped me realise sooner.

I grew up with three older sisters so I was always exposed to all the clothes and makeup

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yep, 3 older sister too
    and a set of twin sisters about a year younger then me.

Barbies? Been there. A lot! :-)
    Just a few times dressed too.

Crossdresser? You betcha! ;-)

I didn't have any older sisters but I think my influences into the Cding was from my mother. I was a rough and tumble boy with a mom that wanted a girl. She let me play dress up and even helped me with her makeup, sometimes when she was painting her toes or nails she'd paint mine also. I loved rubbing her legs when she was wearing the old type hose as she sat in her chair. I remember the smoothness and she loved letting me rub my hands up and down her legs from the knee down. Around my teen years is when I started playing in her clothes and makeup when she was gone and it lead I think to my CD today. I always found a calmness and peaceful love vibes from her that I would always be her little boy.

I am the youngest of four, as far as I know the only Cd, but could be wrong. Had domineering, very smothering mother, who did not want any of her kids to marry.

Sorry, I am the oldest of three, and until I was 6 1/2 and my sister was born, there was nobody but me and my younger brother. I've wanted to be a girl since I was 5. That is part of how I know I am transgender. There were no feminine influences in my childhood.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I only had one sibling, my sister, who is 21 months younger than I. My earliest three memories take place at age 4, I kno,'cause that year we lived near a nice playground.
    I remember vaguely climbing up a high metal slide and my fingernails were polished. (I have an impression, vaguely, that the color could have been dark-red; no idea why that is, who knows). My guess is that when my mom was painting those of my sister, I must have thrown a tantrum until she did mine also; I was that kind of child with a hold-over of terrible-twos behavior, so I have since learned.
    I think I had had all the attention from my mom, and my grandfather, his sister, and his brother, (who we lived with much of the time my first 5 years) for my first 20 months---then when sis came along, she probably took a lot of attention away from me, so I was very aware of that. I feel like I was very attentive of her in particular. Eventually I would try on some of her clothes and shoes when I was home alone.
    Two other general factors I should mention. Before AND after my birth my mother worked as a shoe clerk for a prominent department store in downtown Oklahoma City. She always had stylish shoes. I'm sure like any toddler I paraded around in them soon after I was able to walk. And, my dad was gone a lot---he was trying to establish himself in the newspaper business, and sometimes was only home on weekends. He worked for several small-town newspapers during my first 4 years--- Clinton, OK, Vernon, Tx, and two other small towns in southern Oklahoma during those years
    In a couple of days I plan to write more about the memories I have--- in the thread about "childhood memories."

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I only had one sibling, my sister, who is 21 months younger than I. My earliest three memories take place at age 4, I kno,'cause that year we lived near a nice playground.
    I remember vaguely climbing up a high metal slide and my fingernails were polished. (I have an impression, vaguely, that the color could have been dark-red; no idea why that is, who knows). My guess is that when my mom was painting those of my sister, I must have thrown a tantrum until she did mine also; I was that kind of child with a hold-over of terrible-twos behavior, so I have since learned.
    I think I had had all the attention from my mom, and my grandfather, his sister, and his brother, (who we lived with much of the time my first 5 years) for my first 20 months---then when sis came along, she probably took a lot of attention away from me, so I was very aware of that. I feel like I was very attentive of her in particular. Eventually I would try on some of her clothes and shoes when I was home alone.
    Two other general factors I should mention. Before AND after my birth my mother worked as a shoe clerk for a prominent department store in downtown Oklahoma City. She always had stylish shoes. I'm sure like any toddler I paraded around in them soon after I was able to walk. And, my dad was gone a lot---he was trying to establish himself in the newspaper business, and sometimes was only home on weekends. He worked for several small-town newspapers during my first 4 years--- Clinton, OK, Vernon, Tx, and two other small towns in southern Oklahoma during those years
    In a couple of days I plan to write more about the memories I have--- in the thread about "childhood memories of crossdressing."
    Last edited by kathy chelan; 04-24-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: it says errors, but i don't understand--also text appears twice

I am an only child, so I guess that makes me the youngest as well! I had little exposure to girls around my own age outside of school, so my female influences were my mom and grandmother. Nana was a very stylish dresser (wife of an up and coming professional, kind of a "ladies who lunch" type back in the '60s), but I was rarely, if ever, alone in her house and didn't have much access to her things. My mom could go from painting the house in the afternoon to bridge with the ladies in the evening, but spent most of her time in casual (if not downright sloppy) attire. She was also quite petite and there wasn't really a time when any of her things fit me very well. That didn't stop me from becoming very familiar with the contents of her closets and drawers, however.

- Diane

I was the the oldest, two sisters and me the oldest. I know that at a young age I questioned myself on feelings that I had that was similar to my sisters. They dressed me couple times but it was not that that made me a crossdresser. My gender fluid was like a switch and I was male/female and it really made me wonder why I was not like the others. But manhood was beaten into me and growing up was hard. I knew was very different and decided to beat to my own drum my whole life and it took me a while to figure things out. But I was a crossdresser since my teens and often thought I was gay. But I knew I wasn't. But the gender switches always came and I went through a lot of relationships. The work life kept me busy and it was years later that it became a large question of whether I am a boy or a girl. My hormones say I am female but I'm a functioning male and the gender switch is still working. SO, I am male/female and now in a relationship where I can display that and it sure as taken the stress off of me. So, I'll stay a crossdresser.
    Part Time Girl

I was the youngest out of seven. My mom put all the unused clothes from her and my two older sisters in closets on the third floor and now that I think of it (None of my three brothers clothes)?
    Is that weird to save all the girl clothes but none of the guy clothes.
    Well anyhow I remember having so much fun with a large wardrobe of girl clothes.
    You guys who remember the fabrics of the 60's had no stretch and earther fit right , loose , or tight, and being 14 most fit very nice if you know what I mean. LOL
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 04-24-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's another thing that possibly influenced my gender journey. My sisters found out that my nimble little fingers were good at nail polish application, jewlery clasps and putting in hair rollers. Remember the round pink rollers with the clip on covers? Or, how about Spoolies? Remember those?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Rollers of all kinds, shapes and sizes yes. How about the collapsible plastic hooded hair dryer that folded up in a carrying case? and bobby pins everywhere. And just the sound of growing up in an all female household even the air smelled feminine. Not until I had step bros that I was exposed to masculine noises and smells, talk about sensory overload. Maybe my gender fluidity helped me to stay sane in a house full of so many conflictions, even though I didn't know it back then.
    Last edited by Allisa; 04-25-2016 at 07:45 AM. Reason: add a thought
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    I have no excuses. A middle child, never wore hand-me-downs. Most of my free time was spent outside doing what boys do. Play in the mud, pet snakes, snare gophers, get dirty, tease girls. Regular mother and father, no favorites. One day when I was maybe about 12 or so I decided to see what it was like to try on my mom's bra. Kind of liked it, eventually tried on some of her other clothes and I guess that changed me into a crossdresser, go figure. Maybe changed me into a crossdresser isn't accurate, maybe it was the first time I acted on it but don't ever remember growing up and wanting to be a girl or wishing I could dress like a girl. Even after discovering I liked the feeling of wearing girl's clothes I never wanted to dress like them all the time. Just enjoy it once in awhile.

Banned Read only
    I was shy in my early teens and stayed at home often, while my older brother went out regularly with his friends.

I frequently saw mom apply make-up and she showed me her new clothing and make-up purchases.

When her friends visited, she would encourage me to compliment them on their dresses, shoes, make-up, hair and join in related discussions.
    Last edited by heathr1; 05-14-2016 at 08:11 AM.

I was the youngest also in my family. An older sister that had all the latest fashions of the day. Oh boy did I have fun when left alone. Plus I also hung around with my Mother more that my Dad. He worked two jobs my whole growing up time. I guess I was destine. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    What's y'all's thoughts on this?
    Thoroughly envious. I'm an only child. If I'd had an older sister, she'd have had to nail her closet door shut each time she left the room.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I don't think that was how you gained your affliction.

I am sure it was due to natural causes.

I can remember years ago a doctor's diagnosis of death was "natural causes".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.